I hope you don't have to send your Ally in for repairs, Twinblade

Well, when I see people say, “the Ally is great if you ignore the SD slot issue, “

I know it’s probably not the best thing to buy lol. 

Goddamn :D thats messed up. Especially the part where they might straight up send you the system back disassembled and not functional if you don’t go with the repair. Like wtf?

I watched the original gamer nexus video and this really isn’t as bad as this video makes it sound. The guy was able to decline the $200 screen replacement for that tiny dent and ASUS proceeded with fixing the issues covered by the warranty including stuff he didn’t originally mention as an issue (like the SD card reader). He did have to jump through some hoops so ASUS’ RMA process needs some work, but it’s not the end of the world.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

I watched the original gamer nexus video and this really isn’t as bad as this video makes it sound. The guy was able to decline the $200 screen replacement for that tiny dent and ASUS proceeded with fixing the issues covered by the warranty including stuff he didn’t originally mention as an issue (like the SD card reader). He did have to jump through some hoops so ASUS’ RMA process needs some work, but it’s not the end of the world.

It's bad.

The product sucks in most ways.  Literally the only good thing about it is that it uses a newer APU than the Deck.  If it didn't have that, nobody would have given a single shit about it. :[ 

7 hours ago, Remij said:

It's bad.

The product sucks in most ways.  Literally the only good thing about it is that it uses a newer APU than the Deck.  If it didn't have that, nobody would have given a single shit about it. :[ 

Its more powerful, quieter, smaller, and lighter than the deck. The only reason you hermits bitch about it is because you have a hard on for steamOS and act like using windows on a handheld is like trying to code a game engine from scratch.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Its more powerful, quieter, smaller, and lighter than the deck. The only reason you hermits bitch about it is because you have a hard on for steamOS and act like using windows on a handheld is like trying to code a game engine from scratch.

It's more expensive, has worse battery life, worse ergonomics, barely performs better under the same power envelope....  and you have to use shitty Windows which isn't meant for it.

It's simply a worse experience overall... and you self admittedly barely even use yours.

Edited by Remij
35 minutes ago, Remij said:

It's more expensive, has worse battery life, worse ergonomics, barely performs better under the same power envelope....  and you have to use shitty Windows which isn't meant for it.

It's simply a worse experience overall... and you self admittedly barely even use yours.

We've had this argument a million times before so im not gonna bother, but ill correct you on the last point. I said I don't use it much because I don't care for handheld gaming devices in general anymore. But If I had to pick between one or the other right now, I would still choose the Ally.

10 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I didn't watch either vid, I just wanted to troll. :happysad: