who's getting the elden ring expansion?

are you using an older ng+ build, or are you going in fresh with a new one, in order to get back into the flow? (also, easier difficulty for the expansion)

2 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

I never beat the first one but it looks good

it's the game that got me hooked on souls titles, but the Souls games (except 2) are way better than ER. but I will always have a soft spot for ER. The community is amazing. I was thinking of doing an experiment: seeing if i can beat it and the expansion on the steam deck, since i just don't have the time to play it at home. or...i may bring my ps5 to my office.

39 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

it's the game that got me hooked on souls titles, but the Souls games (except 2) are way better than ER. but I will always have a soft spot for ER. The community is amazing. I was thinking of doing an experiment: seeing if i can beat it and the expansion on the steam deck, since i just don't have the time to play it at home. or...i may bring my ps5 to my office.

I'm tempted to say Sekiro is the best one

1 minute ago, sugarhigh said:

I'm tempted to say Sekiro is the best one

i will eventually play it. i'm just not a fan of that particular theme. but lies of p made me want to play more games with a heavier emphasis on parries.

I loved Elden Ring so I probably will eventually. I need to blast mother fuckers with multiple epic dragons breaths :tom: (Faith fag)

Will likely do a fresh playthrough I'm not into NG+ for any game and also only played once on release so want to do it again.

Edited by Substatic
48 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

i will eventually play it. i'm just not a fan of that particular theme. but lies of p made me want to play more games with a heavier emphasis on parries.

Sekiro is personally my least favorite. The parry window and timing requirements in that game are unforgiving to the point where it just wasn't much fun to me.

Just now, Twinblade said:

Sekiro is personally my least favorite. The parry window and timing requirements in that game are unforgiving to the point where it just isn't fun.

Get gud. Also there's a grappling hook.

59 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

How does it work exactly? Do I continue with my existing character? Who is level like 300 haha

if it's like the other games, there will be an area, late in the main game, that will grant you access. from's dlc is incredible. in some ways, better than the main game. as much as i loved bloodborne, old hunters was incredible (some of the best boss fights ever)! ds3 also had amazing dlc, easily surpassing its main game bosses,.

Just now, Twinblade said:

Sekiro is personally my least favorite. The parry window and timing requirements in that game are unforgiving to the point where it just wasn't much fun to me.

i'm just not into the setting....and that monkey boss looks goofy lol.

Just now, -GD-X said:

if it's like the other games, there will be an area, late in the main game, that will grant you access. from's dlc is incredible. in some ways, better than the main game. as much as i loved bloodborne, old hunters was incredible (some of the best boss fights ever)! ds3 also had amazing dlc, easily surpassing its main game bosses,.

But I continue my same OP character?

Just now, Tears of the Cows said:

But I continue my same OP character?

yeah, so here's the catch. you can be OP, but those enemies/bosses in the DLC will scale accordingly. that's why i'm considering a fresh run, cheesing everything so i can quickly get a character strong enough to play it at "non" new game.  

• Thanks 1

I'll be getting it for sure, but I'll just use my current character.  I was thinking about playing it again.. because I'll have to re-learn everything most likely... but I'll just jump back in a few days before and play around until I'm comfortable again and go from there.

• Upvote 1