The Shadow of the Erdtree hype train

Just now, Playstation Tablet said:

Ive got way too big of a backlog. If I going to play this I want to stary a New fresh character. 

i'm actually glad i started a fresh run. it's really getting me pumped for the expansion. i'm doing ranni's quest - easily the best questline in the game. while ER has a lot of bloat, its epic moments are pretty...epic.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Is this accurate?

:ben: 

ha! i saw that! fortunatley, mohg can apparently be glitched for those who can't beat him. he gives  the best bleed weapon (forget what it's called), but my mimic and i used it to decimate malenia.

• Upvote 1

Well, I’m definitely under leveled. Black knight Tiche keeps fucking me up. I tried pounding her with magic, but I could only get her health down halfway. I got her down by 60% with one fair sword fight, but her bleed attack fucked me up. Somehow, Astel was easier (just barely). I wil just have to beat more bosses and dump points into strength and then return later. I’m probably pretty OP if I return to beating the main bosses. Iirc, Tiche was a mid/late game boss. 

On 2024-06-14 at 2:41 PM, Twinblade said:

Is this accurate?

Tbh this is a pretty normal completion rate for games anyway. Most people don't finish shit.

Last couple areas to go on my playthrough, just gotta get through Haligtree, Mogh Palace and Shunning Grounds.

• Upvote 1
On 2024-06-14 at 1:41 PM, Twinblade said:

Is this accurate?

Obviously...  It's has multiple purposes behind it.

1. Getting people who haven't bought and played ER at all interested in buying it and playing the game at least up to the point where they can experience the new content
  2. Getting people like you who did buy Elden Ring but didn't play it to the end, to actually start playing it again and get at least to the point where you can experience the new content
  3. Getting people who bought Elden Ring and beat it or played to the point where they can experience the DLC interested in the game again and play the new content, and/or finally beat the game.

There's a difference between DLC that's locked behind logical progression, like this game is... and DLC like Dark Souls' which literally had you do illogical things just to gain access to it :D :D 

1 hour ago, Casual said:

Tbh this is a pretty normal completion rate for games anyway. Most people don't finish shit.

Last couple areas to go on my playthrough, just gotta get through Haligtree, Mogh Palace and Shunning Grounds.

close to you. i'm at fire giant.