The Shadow of the Erdtree hype train

i'll convert this to a review, then dlc playthrough thread.

as for the main game, i gotta say...i'm glad i'm replaying this. i remember quite a bit, but also forgot a lot. like, i had forgotten about the poor man's sif, the red wolf. on my way to rennala. i should have a strong enough character on steam for the dlc. anybody else replaying this?

• -GD-X★ changed the title to The Shadow of the Erdtree hype train
2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

It would be nice if they could make it so people can just start a new game and immediately access the expansion and treat it as a standalone experience. Maybe have a couple of templates of high enough level characters with pre defined stats and equipment.

earn the right, pleb 

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

It would be nice if they could make it so people can just start a new game and immediately access the expansion and treat it as a standalone experience. Maybe have a couple of templates of high enough level characters with pre defined stats and equipment.

If you haven't experienced the main game, do that first, then experience the expansion when you're meant to...

• Upvote 1
Just now, Tears of the Cows said:

earn the right, pleb 

LMAO he's literally asking for developers to consider the fact that he doesn't finish most of the games he starts... and make it easier so that he doesn't have to... just so that he can not finish the expansion too :drake: 

• Geese 1
7 hours ago, -GD-X said:

@Twinblade if you cheese Mohg, you can access the DLC without beating the game. I remember you beating Radahn. Getting to Mohg is pretty easy with a guide. 

I think It would still be too much of an investment, I don’t even remember where exactly I stopped in Elden ring and would have to relearn everything.

A patch for the base game is coming 6/20 and will include some fixes and improvements.

New Inventory features: - Newly obtained items will be marked with a "!“. - A new tab called "Recent Items" has been added to review recently obtained items.

GQCdP5mWcAAFvxG?format=jpg&name=medium

New Summoning Pool features: - Active Summoning Pools will now be carried over to NG+. - Individual Summoning Pools can now be enabled / disabled in the newly added Map Functions Menu. Only active Summoning Pools will be selected when using the Small Golden Effigy.

GQCd6utXEAAtdrM?format=jpg&name=large

New hairstyles: - Five new hairstyles have been added to the game. They can be selected during character creation, using the Clouded Mirror Stand or using Rennala's Rebirth feature.

GQCeDa6WgAAhhgF?format=jpg&name=large

Other features and balances will also be included.

• aitch 1

either radahn got easier, or i've just played too much souls, but i was able to beat him without rotten breath (just some rock sling, melee attacks, lots of dodging, and those summons laying around). granted, i did do the dragon rune farm for 90k runes and i did a mini boss for 90k (basically a cheese with rock sling from above) , so i went into the fight at level 50. i'm making great progress for only being 10 hours in. i have actually remembered a lot! i've mainly needed a guide to get the meteorite staff and the rock sling (totally forgot where they were). 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I think It would still be too much of an investment, I don’t even remember where exactly I stopped in Elden ring and would have to relearn everything.

that's fair. i clearly have a sentimental connection to this game, so it's easier for me to bet back into it. you didn't connect with it, so it would be a chore-like to try and get back into the flow.

as much as i'm enjoying going down memory lane with my latest run, the flaws do standout. i think i've already encountered 10 dragons lol. too many recycled mini bosses. still, its highs  are high af!

2 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

btw @Remij i have played all of my latest run on the deck. it's crazy how good this game looks, runs and plays on it. i take back what i said about never wanting to play a AAA game on the SD.

Hell yeah man.  I know these devices feel like they're just great for playing smaller sized games and not such graphically intensive games at first, and that's true obviously... but once you spend more time on them and get more comfortable with it, you realize it's an awesome way to play any game.  Obviously yes the performance has to be there, and there are games which don't run well on these devices quite yet, but there are SOO many AAA games out there to play which DO run amazingly well and are awesome to play on them.

I was recently playing ER on my Deck and was very impressed how well it runs now compared to initially.  It's night and day honestly.  At the beginning of the game at the Gatefront Ruins I ran around and aggro'd all the enemies there, so about 9 or 10 enemies were on the screen and the FPS never dropped it was a locked 30.  I was definitely impressed as doing that always dropped FPS in the past for me.

• aitch 1
36 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

that's fair. i clearly have a sentimental connection to this game, so it's easier for me to bet back into it. you didn't connect with it, so it would be a chore-like to try and get back into the flow.

as much as i'm enjoying going down memory lane with my latest run, the flaws do standout. i think i've already encountered 10 dragons lol. too many recycled mini bosses. still, its highs  are high af!

Nah I thought the game was great but It was just too long and I ended up gravitating towards other games that released around the same time. I stil put a good 60-70 hours into it, maybe more.

• Upvote 1