MS gonna have a tough time with ARM if they plan using it for their next device...

:mj: We thought Series S was bad, this might be a different level....

Rich from DF spent £2000 on a Surface Laptop with an ARM processor and couldn't even get Crysis 3 to load. GOW 2018 is a stuttery 20fps mess on the laptop.

:vabe: Obviously, MS won't have exactly the same setup in their new system but this offers a preview of just how bad ARM is for gaming.

Edited by FIREPOWER
35 minutes ago, Playstation Tablet said:

Maybe ARM is for their handheld only? 

19 minutes ago, Tainted said:

I don't want an ARM Xbox. I want a next gen powerhouse, and I want it to play Steam games too.:denzel:

Both of you may be right, it may be for their handheld only. The problem is some of the latest rumors are that MS might be going the handheld route and their next gaming device might be a hybrid that uses ARM. One of the most prominent leaks is that their Surface division may be in charge of design for the new machine and they plan to use ARM. We'll see how it goes but this doesn't look promising so far.

2 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Both of you may be right, it may be for their handheld only. The problem is some of the latest rumors are that MS might be going the handheld route and their next gaming device might be a hybrid that uses ARM. One of the most prominent leaks is that their Surface division may be in charge of design for the new machine and they plan to use ARM. We'll see how it goes but this doesn't look promising so far.

If that is the route, that doesn't sound promising at all. I am sure I would still buy it, but I wouldn't like it.

26 minutes ago, Remij said:

There's nothing stopping MS from going with an Nvidia based SoC like the Switch 2.  Doesn't mean it would have to be Shatdragon lol

Phil promised the largest jump in Graphics of any XBOx gen. Which leads me to believe theyll probably an expensive ass Xbox made by a third party imo

Edited by Playstation Tablet
28 minutes ago, Playstation Tablet said:

Phil promised the largest jump in Graphics of any XBOx gen. Which leads me to believe theyll probably an expensive ass Xbox made by a third party imo

Phil has also promised every since 2014 would be the greatest year of Xbox ever and he has failed every time to deliver on that promise.