So I've been fucking with my new pc, and now realize i def need a monitor upgrade.

I've got this:

MSI 27" FHD IPS Nvidia G-Sync Gaming Monitor Optix G273

1920 x 1080 Resolution
165Hz Refresh Rate
1ms Fast Response Time
NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible

However i also got a nice OLED tv recently so i can clearly see how dated this shit is now. I know yesterday was prime day but i don't know shit about shit when it comes to this stuff so didnt buy anything.

For ref, the PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 7700 Processor (3.80GHz up to 5.30GHz)
32GB (2x 16GB) DDR5-5200MHz (UDIMM) RAM
1TB Solid State Drive M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 Performance TLC
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16GB GDDR6X Graphics
Wi-Fi 6E 2x2 AX & Bluetooth 5.1 or above
Includes USB Keyboard & USB Optical Mouse
Windows 11 Home 64

Is my best bet waiting for black Friday? im assuming i gotta spend between 400-1000 to get something to at least let my pc display its potential, but didn't know if anyone had recommendations on monitors / when / where to buy, etc. I check slickdeals.net daily so I'll def be monitoring ... good deals. Any suggestions appreciated i don't need a top notch monitor i just want something nice enough to make my PC purchase more notably worthwhile.

Ive had the Alienware 34" ultrawide OLED for about a year. Shit makes work suck a little less every day. And amazing for gaming.

Edited by sugarhigh
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

Ive had the Alienware 32" ultrawide OLED for about a year. Shit makes work suck a little less every day. And amazing for gaming.

that sounds sweet but i need model/price/link or somethin lol. I'd rather not break bank but I know thats probably not a possibility but i need a solid baseline to start comparing apples to oranges.

I have the alienware and it freaked me out recently because I thought it was about to die. All of a sudden I saw all these fucked up gridlines all over the screen, similar to the artifacting you'd see when a video card is dying, but i narrowed it down to the monitor itself. I ended up removing the power cable and plugging it back in and also removing the backplate it comes with just because I wanted to make sure that it wasn't covering up anything that could be contributing to it overheating and that fixed it.

I hope this monitor won't have QC issues as time goes on because I spent full price on it when it was brand new. I've been lucky when it comes to monitors as my last 2 each lasted 8+ years before I ended up giving them away.

Get one of the new WOLED or QDOLEDs. 4K or 1440p depending on what framerate you feel comfortable with given your hardware.  Possibly 3440x1440p OLED if you prefer ultrawide.

Edited by Substatic