Silent Hill 2 - Story Trailer | PS5 Games

1 hour ago, Playstation Tablet said:

https://youtu.be/YQqInnJOpOI?si=kt3v6Bf_wnfYSPUD

26 minutes of gameplay gamespot. 

there's more atmospheric imagery and sounds in those 26 minutes than in most current "horror" games. fantastic. it will probably get a 7, though, due to the dated combat (which is fine, since the rest is awesome).

• aitch 1

I think it looks ok, it won't beat the og but I might play it but wish they just leave these games alone, resident evil is okay but sh for some reason needs the rough edges like black metal

you guys seen the "angela = amanda"  memes on silent hill sub reddit lol? 

remake-haters-be-like-v0-5e2yjl5uftjd1.j

Edited by kaz
32 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

there's more atmospheric imagery and sounds in those 26 minutes than in most current "horror" games. fantastic. it will probably get a 7, though, due to the dated combat (which is fine, since the rest is awesome).

Yeah outside of the combat I think it looks really good. I think its one of my most anticipated games now.

• aitch 1
Just now, Twinblade said:

Yeah outside of the combat I think it looks really good. I think its one of my most anticipated games now.

same!

3 minutes ago, Playstation Tablet said:

Kinda shows what a massive jump the graphics are.  SH3 wad a massive graphics jump over 2.

SH2 was a stunning looking game for its time too.  The fog effects and film grain allowed them to take strong advantage of the PS2's crazy fill rate while also reducing the amount of geometry they needed to draw in the distance, allowing them to push character models and detail quite high.  Textures also looked more detailed at times than they actually were because of the film grain.

Was a smartly developed game for sure.  And yea, SH3 pushed things up a notch.  Especially the character models.  They went to town on that one (lol the pun :whew: )

• Upvote 1
On 2024-08-24 at 11:01 AM, Remij said:

SH2 was a stunning looking game for its time too.  The fog effects and film grain allowed them to take strong advantage of the PS2's crazy fill rate while also reducing the amount of geometry they needed to draw in the distance, allowing them to push character models and detail quite high.  Textures also looked more detailed at times than they actually were because of the film grain.

Was a smartly developed game for sure.  And yea, SH3 pushed things up a notch.  Especially the character models.  They went to town on that one (lol the pun :whew: )

Silent hill 3 had better character models than a lot of ps3/360 games. 

• Upvote 1