who else is playing GOTY-contender metaphor refantazio?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

30 hours in. Godly. This feels more like an rpg than the school/palace/social rinse and repeat of persona. I love how some side quests even trigger character bonds. The incentives to explore and try (

Im getting it soon just dont have time this weekend now. Probably early next week.

That's good to hear. I'm not even upset that it feels like persona rn because I like that . Excited to see how it changes up tho

30 hours in. Godly. This feels more like an rpg than the school/palace/social rinse and repeat of persona. I love how some side quests even trigger character bonds. The incentives to explore and try (and evolve) archetypes = chef’s kiss. 

• Like 1
  • aitch 1
8 hours ago, -GD-X said:

i finished the third area. surprisingly, the actual event played out without a dungeon. each main area continues to differentiate MR from persona, while keeping the best aspects of it (character bonds; free time).

Im interested in hearing how your feelings might change as you get deeper into the game. I may be overly pessimistic but I think there's a possibility its going to start running out of steam (much like P5 did for me).

6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Im interested in hearing how your feelings might change as you get deeper into the game. I may be overly pessimistic but I think there's a possibility its going to start running out of steam (much like P5 did for me).

I’m at the 40 hour mark and I’m loving it. I’m at a dungeon-like quest. It’s fun AF. This part reminds me of another RPG (not persona). But the pacing is on point. Also, I’m hearing the game is shorter than what critics stated. Some peeps are beating it in 65 - 70 hours. Still long, but it’s compelling. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

thats interesting. Have you been skipping a lot of the side content?

Nah. I’m doing every side quest (the only way to fully improve archetypes and  social links).

• Upvote 1
36 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

GD what's your strategy for leveling up archetypes 

As soon as a default one is maxed out, move to another. Always check your rankings. There’s no point staying on mage at 20, when you can move to wizard. If wizard isn’t available yet, you can max out an an unused archetype in a different branch (like faker if it’s available). This goes for all of your characters. 

11 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

As soon as a default one is maxed out, move to another. Always check your rankings. There’s no point staying on mage at 20, when you can move to wizard. If wizard isn’t available yet, you can max out an an unused archetype in a different branch (like faker if it’s available). This goes for all of your characters. 

Do you have to micro manage the archetypes in this one as much as you do personas? I always spend a lot of time fusing and leveling up personas so I wouldn’t mind if this game eased up on that a bit.

19 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Right now my main is healer, the other guy is mage and the girl i changed to warrior because i didnt care for the Knight. Ill probably max those out then. I want the sword master for the warrior 

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Do you have to micro manage the archetypes in this one as much as you do personas? I always spend a lot of time fusing and leveling up personas so I wouldn’t mind if this game eased up on that a bit.

Doesnt seem like it. Looks like you just level them up and unlock a better version of them once you max the original.  You get different special attacks depending on what archs you team has.

Its not a game inside a game how persona fusions were ( im low level rn tho )

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

Doesnt seem like it. Looks like you just level them up and unlock a better version of them once you max the original.  You get different special attacks depending on what archs you team has.

Its not a game inside a game how persona fusions were ( im low level rn tho )

Yeah, this is pretty basic. But the later archetypes :wow2:

• Upvote 1

I best time saver is attacking/killing  enemies before (or instead of) entering turn-based mode. It makes some of dungeon-like quests flow nicely. Nothing overstays its welcome.