who else is playing GOTY-contender metaphor refantazio?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

30 hours in. Godly. This feels more like an rpg than the school/palace/social rinse and repeat of persona. I love how some side quests even trigger character bonds. The incentives to explore and try (

Im getting it soon just dont have time this weekend now. Probably early next week.

That's good to hear. I'm not even upset that it feels like persona rn because I like that . Excited to see how it changes up tho

Its pretty annoying MP doesnt refill at save rooms or on level ups. Got to some enemies that cannot be defeated without MP. Now i have to go back to the city. Guess ill buy as many MP potions as i can.

Just now, JonDnD said:

Its pretty annoying MP doesnt refill at save rooms or on level ups. Got to some enemies that cannot be defeated without MP. Now i have to go back to the city. Guess ill buy as many MP potions as i can.

what difficulty are you playing it on?

I heard that was an issue especially in later dungeons where you basically run out of MP with no way to restore it and you basically can't proceed.

Hopefully they tweak that shit before I get around to playing it.

1 minute ago, JonDnD said:

Suicide didn't work either . Whatever default is . I might change it to easy tho because of that 

really? it should give you an option after the "game over" message. also, are you killing enemies while running around, or just jumping into battle with them? i find clearing out areas, without engaging in much turn-based encounters, provides plenty of mp.

7 minutes ago, Remij said:

I heard that was an issue especially in later dungeons where you basically run out of MP with no way to restore it and you basically can't proceed.

Hopefully they tweak that shit before I get around to playing it.

I'll put this shit on story mode if it's like that lol

Just now, -GD-X said:

really? it should give you an option after the "game over" message. also, are you killing enemies while running around, or just jumping into battle with them? i find clearing out areas, without engaging in much turn-based encounters, provides plenty of mp.

I didn't see any option for that 

Just now, JonDnD said:

I'll put this shit on story mode if it's like that lol

yeah, story mode gives you that option. fuck having to take breaks for mp LOL. i haven't had to that here (unlike with persona 5), but it's a good option to have imo.

Just now, Twinblade said:

damn ya'll are making me really want to play this. my main upcoming rpg was going to be Mario & Luigi Brothership, but I might have to get this instead.

It’s a whole different vibe. Yeah, it feels like persona, but then it flips the script.  The game is more like a series of exploration, deeper character development, with smaller dungeon-like areas, broken into quests (ultimately leading to a boss or bosses)0. There are save points galore. The archetypes are dope AF and the game rewards you for exploring each one (leveling up one 10–20 times is a prerequisite for an even beastlier one, in a similar class - like going from mage to wizard).  If you don’t want to worry about dying or mp, play it on story mode. It’s truly a game for everyone. Way darker story than any of the persona titles. 

• aitch 1
7 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

It’s a whole different vibe. Yeah, it feels like persona, but then it flips the script.  The game is more like a series of exploration, deeper character development, with smaller dungeon-like areas, broken into quests (ultimately leading to a boss or bosses)0. There are save points galore. The archetypes are dope AF and the game rewards you for exploring each one (leveling up one 10–20 times is a prerequisite for an even beastlier one, in a similar class - like going from mage to wizard).  If you don’t want to worry about dying or mp, play it on story mode. It’s truly a game for everyone. Way darker story than any of the persona titles. 

How is the time management stuff? Does it give you enough opportunities to complete side quests and get to know all the characters?

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

How is the time management stuff? Does it give you enough opportunities to complete side quests and get to know all the characters?

Oh yeah. The creators didn’t want players to feel like they needed guides. I’m making great progress. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, JonDnD said:

It feels exactly like Persona to me so far. I only just beat the first dungeon so far. Im glad i dont have to take tests tho.

It starts to become its own thing mid June and on. I’m at the end of July, and shit has gotten dope AF.