The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

10 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah so far its quite a bit better than I expected. It just doesn't have the difficulty of a Souls-like, its more of a traditional action/adventure in that regard. So as long as you're not looking for a real challenge its a fun time.

That’s actually great. After playing the DLC for ER and DS3 (more DS3), I’m kind of burnt out on challenging fights. I would love a game (with similar style) I can just have fun with. 

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

Posted Images

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

That’s actually great. After playing the DLC for ER and DS3 (more DS3), I’m kind of burnt out on challenging fights. I would love a game (with similar style) I can just have fun with. 

I forgot that it does have difficulty options unlike other Souls-likes. I chose normal but choosing the hard mode probably makes it similar to other games in the genre difficulty wise.

• Upvote 1

@Twinblade Dungeons of Hinterberg is definitely a mix of Persona and Zelda. So far, the puzzles have actually been interesting. I’ve only done 2 dungeons (they aren’t massive), but the second was pretty cool. 

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

@Twinblade Dungeons of Hinterberg is definitely a mix of Persona and Zelda. So far, the puzzles have actually been interesting. I’ve only done 2 dungeons (they aren’t massive), but the second was pretty cool. 

That sounds good. Let us know If the characters seem interesting, the one I did a social link with in the demo left something to be desired.

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

That sounds good. Let us know If the characters seem interesting, the one I did a social link with in the demo left something to be desired.

I’m doing one with a journalist. It’s ok. He’s kind of a hipster douche. He did teach me the camera skill, though. But yeah, I’ll be updating this run. 

• Upvote 1

Just had a pretty hard boss battle in flintlock. Took me multiple attemtps. Still liking this game a lot.

43 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

Just had a pretty hard boss battle in flintlock. Took me multiple attemtps. Still liking this game a lot.

Im just over 6 hours into the game and its only now hitting me just how clever the reputation multiplier is as a risk/reward mechanic. Eventhough the game isn't that challenging you're still encouraged to change up your play style during combat instead of just hacking away and going with straightforward approaches. I wouldn't be surprised if we see Souls/Souls-like games copying that mechanic.

13 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Im just over 6 hours into the game and its only now hitting me just how clever the reputation multiplier is as a risk/reward mechanic. Eventhough the game isn't that challenging you're still encouraged to change up your play style during combat instead of just hacking away and going with straightforward approaches. I wouldn't be surprised if we see Souls/Souls-like games copying that mechanic.

Xbox app says im 10 hours but not sure how accurate that is. But yeah i do like multiplayer system too. I wish i cared about the stupid bingo game to get more rep but i cannot be bothered with that.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, JonDnD said:

Xbox app says im 10 hours but not sure how accurate that is. But yeah i do like multiplayer system too. I wish i cared about the stupid bingo game to get more rep but i cannot be bothered with that.

Honestly that mini game sucks ass :D I tried it once and that was enough for me.

Yep. Apparently you can get fat rep from it tho. Which sucks i dont care about it at all.

13 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

this is sounding more like a sleeper gem.  i think i'll really enjoy it.

Im nearly at the 10 hour mark in Flintlock. I remember reading this game was 12 hours long but thats clearly not accurate. Im still in the first area and apparently there's at least 1 more sizeable area after this.

9 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Im nearly at the 10 hour mark in Flintlock. I remember reading this game was 12 hours long but thats clearly not accurate. Im still in the first area and apparently there's at least 1 more sizeable area after this.

Are you still enjoying it? 

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

Are you still enjoying it? 

Yeah it’s solid and I think it’s a 8/10 game overall. My main complaints are the dodge can feel inconsistent and you have no air control when platforming. Also the story is pretty boring but that’s the most minor issue.

20 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah it’s solid and I think it’s a 8/10 game overall. My main complaints are the dodge can feel inconsistent and you have no air control when platforming. Also the story is pretty boring but that’s the most minor issue.

Those issues don’t bother me. I’ll definitely play this at some point this year. 

• Upvote 1

So, Dungeons of Hinterberg does pretty well in the dungeon part, but the social links are just ok. The lack of voice acting doesn’t help. There’s not much of a story either. Still, there’s a cozy feel to it all. Also, the game does a great job at mixing up your magic. The puzzles, while not hard, have been fun. I  can’t fully recommend it just yet, though I see glimpses of depth in the later portions of the game. I’m still super early (only knocked out 5 dungeons). 

edit: the harder dungeons own! They aren’t long, but there was one puzzle that was nicely designed. I hope they continue to ramp up in difficulty. 

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, -GD-X said:

So, Dungeons of Hinterberg does pretty well in the dungeon part, but the social links are just ok. The lack of voice acting doesn’t help. There’s not much of a story either. Still, there’s a cozy feel to it all. Also, the game does a great job at mixing up your magic. The puzzles, while not hard, have been fun. I  can’t fully recommend it just yet, though I see glimpses of depth in the later portions of the game. I’m still super early (only knocked out 5 dungeons). 

edit: the harder dungeons own! They aren’t long, but there was one puzzle that was nicely designed. I hope they continue to ramp up in difficulty. 

Thats good to hear. Im not sure where in the full game it is but the snow dungeon in the demo was pretty good.

15 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Thats good to hear. Im not sure where in the full game it is but the snow dungeon in the demo was pretty good.

i am finally strong enough for that area. i'll try it next :smoke:

the social stuff is improving too. i like the jabs at hipster douchebags.

• Upvote 1