Why do people consider DOA to be a shallow fighter?

I think you've answered your own question on why people think DOA is shallow. Right now the only thing you lemmings are mustering to compare DOA to a real fighter is that its animations are smoother

Sounds pretty shallow to me :|

Nah I said DOA 4 plays out like that tekken match but more faster and looks better.It doesn't though, the gameplay is far inferior :|
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You just said the counter system is too complex,  therefore the game is simple. You're a fucking retard,  unaware you're a fucking retard.  No doubt,  you fucking suck at this game,  AND YOU HAVEN'T E

LAWL, its a button masher. The gameplay is fast. Too fast for a fighter, anybody can just randomly press a button just mash it, and you'll win. And with the counter system made more difficult in DoA4,

Damn - this thread owned. TLHBFR.

Play Virtua Fighter. This game is the best fighter game ever. It's the most deep fighting game ever. You need months to master any character. I tried to master Akira. He was fucking hard. You need to be exact on its frame timing to successfuly connect each one of his combos.

lemmings love the raping they're getting right now, they must think it's manly to take it up the ass B)

rofl at your sig, some memorable stuff we've seen in this thread :| "they say its pressure sensitive , but its just a timer"

:|:D:D

haha :|

lemmings love the raping they're getting right now, they must think it's manly to take it up the ass B)

rofl at your sig, some memorable stuff we've seen in this thread :|

Indeed, lemmings prove once again that they truly are nature's retards :|

Must be why they like the A.I in Gears so much B)

Lmao, I saw better A.I from a rat in my first 20 minutes of Oblivion than I did from any enemy in Gears :|B) B)

Play Virtua Fighter. This game is the best fighter game ever. It's the most deep fighting game ever. You need months to master any character. I tried to master Akira. He was fucking hard. You need to be exact on its frame timing to successfuly connect each one of his combos.

the same can be said with any other fighting game, VF just has a stricter learning curve

Virtua Fighter is manly :| too bad none of the lemmons are gonna buy it.

That was boring as hell.

Alright slappy, if you wan't to play the retarded fankid fine by me.

I'm serious. I like Tekken. I just happen to like the newer DOAs (DOAU, DOA4) more. But that was one of the most boring matches of Tekken I have ever seen. It was the same punch with a few rising kicks here and there.

lol I'm not asking you to critique the entertainment value of the fight, that's DOA's redeeming value the fights look cinematic.

Too bad they aren't nearly as cerebral as that video.

I can tell when people don't play DOA with comments like that, or at least playing with anyone decent.

Each character in DOA4 has 60-100 moves. You could play DOA for months like I did and still see some amazing new moves that will make you say wow. Add on top of that the much better countering system in which you have to predict at what level they're going to hit you (high, mid, low, punch or kick) and how little time they actually give you to do them. Then if you factor in tag battles, that throws a whole other mess of strategies you have to learn, especially when there's a big difference of when you're tagging alone or with another person.

I completely forgot about grabs and tag grabs which are great against counter/block whores. They're harder to do, and easier to counter, but they do much more damage.

the same can be said with any other fighting game, VF just has a stricter learning curve

You just selfowned yourself. VF is just unique. They just FUCKING CANT copy VF. One because its so harder and deep, and second because every move is more close to life, and no arcade shit like Tekken.

EDIT: YEAH I JUST EDITTED TWICE MOTHERFUCKER

That was boring as hell.

I'm serious. I like Tekken. I just happen to like the newer DOAs (DOAU, DOA4) more. But that was one of the most boring matches of Tekken I have ever seen. It was the same punch with a few rising kicks here and there.

lol I'm not asking you to critique the entertainment value of the fight, that's DOA's redeeming value the fights look cinematic.

I can tell when people don't play DOA with comments like that, or at least playing with anyone decent.

Each character in DOA4 has 60-100 moves. You could play DOA for months like I did and still see some amazing new moves that will make you say wow. Add on top of that the much better countering system in which you have to predict at what level they're going to hit you (high, mid, low, punch or kick) and how little time they actually give you to do them. Then if you factor in tag battles, that throws a whole other mess of strategies you have to learn, especially when there's a big difference of when you're tagging alone or with another person.

This lemming is desperatly trying to gain back some dignity for the lemmons :|

Too late, guiltyspark and Devo fucked up your reputation too badly. The best thing you can do now is hope that this thread disappears quickly.

You just selfowned yourself. VF is just unique. They just can copy VF. One because its so harder and deep, and second because every move is more close to life, and no arcade shit like Tekken.

what so unique about VF? it just has a harder learning curve, if VF isnt arcadey shit then there wouldnt be any juggles or bounce effects. what about the universal take downs where each character jumps 20 into the air just to land a hit on a grounded opponent. Is that close to life?

That was boring as hell.

Too late, guiltyspark and Devo fucked up your reputation too badly. The best thing you can do now is hope that this thread disappears quickly.

:| :| B)

You just selfowned yourself. VF is just unique. They just can copy VF. One because its so harder and deep, and second because every move is more close to life, and no arcade shit like Tekken.

what so unique about VF? it just has a harder learning curve, if VF isnt arcadey shit then there wouldnt be any juggles or bounce effects. what about the universal take downs where each character jumps 20 into the air just to land a hit on a grounded opponent. Is that close to life?

I am talking about the closeness to martial arts of each character. You don't see shitty kangaroos or wooden monsters in VF. Each one of the moves is made up after its real martial move.

That and the effect of how you get hit. When you play Tekken, any hit you take you get thrown like out of bed each time you connect. In VF, there is only a momentum and limit on the way you fall.

That was boring as hell.

:| Cows talking about dignity. Go cry some more about your failing console and handheld.

That was boring as hell.

lol being suprised by moves, why are you suprised by them?

You wouldn't happen to be button mashing hmm?

I know you think DOA is strategic and all that, but still the game's learning curve is practically zilch.

DOA3 was the first 3D fighter I really got into last gen, I never once found its combat particularly challenging, its so fast and chaotic and simple you can just flail your fingers around and defeat veterans that had been playing it since it launched. There's nothing wrong with that, because games like SC have the same problem and yet they are still enjoyable. But in terms of quality and pure depth, it doesn't do much for me./

That was boring as hell.

No, this thread stays and deserves to be in the hall of ownage when the cows all circle jerked and cried because Tekken sucks ass. :|

That was boring as hell.

:| Cows talking about dignity. Go cry some more about your failing console and handheld.

ROFL damage control somewhere piece of shit. We are talking about fighting games here. And in fighting games wise, the VF games rape anything. I gotta get back to my family reunion. Good night and thanks for getting raped.

Just face the facts lemkids, DOA blows, it's not in the league of serious fighters. Not even close. I remember beating the crap out of everyone on high levels when i had DOAU on xflop, on my first day. Shallow garbage, games turn into counter fests quickly where both players try to counter at the same time and all you get is some dancing characters, lmfao. Pressing forward to counter? In what world does this make sense B) bu but teh 4 way counter system is awesome :| Teh guessing what move could come next makes it so exciting :| Fucking trash :|

That was boring as hell.

lol being suprised by moves, why are you suprised by them?

You wouldn't happen to be button mashing hmm?

I know you think DOA is strategic and all that, but still the game's learning curve is practically zilch.

DOA3 was the first 3D fighter I really got into last gen, I never once found its combat particularly challenging, its so fast and chaotic and simple you can just flail your fingers around and defeat veterans that had been playing it since it launched. There's nothing wrong with that, because games like SC have the same problem and yet they are still enjoyable. But in terms of quality and pure depth, it doesn't do much for me./

I never said anything about being surprised.

Saying there is no learning curve is bullshit. It's an easy game to pick up, it's a hard game to master.

DOA3 I didn't really like. Back then I was a much bigger fan of Tekken, but the newer DOAs are better and more fun to play.

But if you think you can win button mashing, why don't you hop on XBL and see how far you get with it. You might beat some Cs and below, but anything above a C+ will beat your ass in like 10 seconds.