Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Digital Foundry Analysis

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Yeah, and at say 3440x1440 it would no doubt run comparably to a 980 Ti / GT even if it were pinned at Ultra settings. The game isn't as far off from those settings right now as you think it is.

Dude... you're saying that because VISUALLY you don't imagine there's much difference... the FACT is that ultra settings can often over very little visual returns for the performance impact they incur.

A SINGLE setting at Ultra on X1X could tank it's performance... and I bet if you set the 1070 to X1X settings.. the FPS will be a good bit higher.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yea, well when your consoles misses out on tons of games and has no exclusives... you basically have nothing left other than that tiny bit of resolution

I must say, if you don't engage him directly - which I am loathe to do; he's entertaining as fuck. The circles he runs in to defend things, and the corners he boxes himself into are fantastic.  

Here you go again, butthurt and running to alternative sources.

Posted Images

I dont know why we arguing about minisule differences. In terms of historic difference between say PS1 to N64, PS2 to XBox or how they compared to PCs of their time it was meanigful. Compare Doom SNES to PC.

Now the differences are so trivial. People are losing perspective imo.

Edited by Aza Team 2019
Just now, Aza Team 2019 said:

I dont know why we arguing about minisule differences. In terms of historic difference between say PS1 to N64, PS2 to XBox or how they compared to PCs of their time it was meanigful. Compare Doom SNES to PC.

Now the differences are so trivial.

There's nothing trivial about 2-3x the fps in games Aza...

38 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Dude... you're saying that because VISUALLY you don't imagine there's much difference... the FACT is that ultra settings can often over very little visual returns for the performance impact they incur.

A SINGLE setting at Ultra on X1X could tank it's performance... and I bet if you set the 1070 to X1X settings.. the FPS will be a good bit higher.

The difference between High and Very High (Ultra) on Rise for example at this resolution results is about a 20% impact on performance. It's a decent impact but not huge. You've got a GTX 1070 and 980 Ti sitting at a average of basically 34 FPS and 28 FPS as a low on Ultra settings at only 3440x1440 in Shadow. That's essentially the Xbox One X's performance profile if it were running an uncapped framerate, it's very sameish. Then you have to factor in the X is running a resolution which is 46.4% higher than that. The resolution increase in Rise from 3440x1440 to 3584x2016 is about 25%. The resolution increase in this game outstrips the performance implications of increasing the settings to Very High.

Me saying the X likely sits between the 980 Ti and GTX 1070 is not some unrealistic assertion, it seems quite accurate and you're being a buttmad PC nerd about it like a dumbass.

Edited by DynamiteCop!
Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

The difference between High and Very High (Ultra) on Rise for example at this resolution results is about a 20% impact on performance. It's a decent impact but not huge. You've got a GTX 1070 and 980 Ti sitting at a average of basically 34 FPS and 28 FPS as a low on Ultra settings at only 3440x1440 Shadow. That's essentially the Xbox One X's performance profile if it were running an uncapped framerate, it's very sameish. Then you have to factor in the X is running a resolution which is 46.4% higher than that. The resolution increase in Rise from 3440x1440 to 3584x2016 is about 25%. 

Me saying the X likely sits between the 980 Ti and GTX 1070 is not some unrealistic assertion, it seems quite accurate and you're being a buttmad PC nerd about it like a dumbass.

I'm not being butthurt about anything... I'm disagreeing with you and giving very obvious reasons as to why that is.

Here you go again, butthurt and running to alternative sources.

lmao... dude.. you're fucking ridiculous... By that measure the benchmarks Carlos posted are alternative sources and he has to wait for DF to chime in..  :roll:

Stop being an idiot when someone challenges you.  The FACT is that NXGamer said it's dynamic and drops to 3200x1800p... If you're mad about that then too fucking bad... ROFL  You can believe it doesn't all you want... it doesn't change anything I'm saying LOL.. but it sure explains a lot :hehe: 

6 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

lmao... dude.. you're fucking ridiculous... By that measure the benchmarks Carlos posted are alternative sources and he has to wait for DF to chime in..  :roll:

Stop being an idiot when someone challenges you.  The FACT is that NXGamer said it's dynamic and drops to 3200x1800p... If you're mad about that then too fucking bad... ROFL

Cool and DF says at no point in any part of their tests did they get a dynamic result clearly speaking to NX's results which they're contesting. You're fucking mad as shit lol :hest:

The peee seas are gettting salty, consoles are encroaching fast, next gen is going to drive you insane. Consoles have legit got your gullet, it's fucking hilarious watching you go nuclear over this.

Edited by DynamiteCop!
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Cool and DF says at no point in any part of their tests did they get a dynamic result clearly speaking to NX's results which they're contesting. You're fucking mad as shit lol :hest:

The peee seas are gettting salty, consoles are encroaching fast, next gen is going to drive you insane

I'm not mad lmao..  I thought this would be a NATIVE 4K game on X1X... LOL.. you're the one that gets buttraped every time DF gets corrected :hehe: 

Bu'BUT WE USE DF... YOU CANT USE OTHER SOURCE :cry: 

Funny how NXGamer got the same "average" resolution that DF did... except said that it drops... LOL.. yea, he MUST be wrong!!!

I love that you think you have some angle that bothers me here... :mj: 

Just now, Remij_ said:

I'm not mad lmao..  I thought this would be a NATIVE 4K game on X1X... LOL.. you're the one that gets buttraped every time DF gets corrected :hehe: 

Bu'BUT WE USE DF... YOU CANT USE OTHER SOURCE :cry: 

I love that you think you have some angle that bothers me here... :mj: 

This other source that they clearly acknowledge and go on to say that they got no dynamic scenes regardless of how much they tested? You're threatened by a console and run to alternative sources when high'ish end PC's get ass raped by them.

This is the same thing as FC5, the second people started talking about the GTX 1070 you did this same shit and ran to VG Tech. You're insecure beyond belief because of a fucking CONSOLE...

:hest: get rekt shitbird 

7 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

This other source that they clearly acknowledge and go on to say that they got no dynamic scenes regardless of how much they tested? You're threatened by a console and run to alternative sources when high'ish end PC's get ass raped by them.

This is the same thing as FC5, the second people started talking about the GTX 1070 you did this same shit and ran to VG Tech. You're insecure beyond belief because of a fucking CONSOLE...

:hest: get rekt shitbird 

Dude... you're losing it :tom: 

NXGamer said... not me bitch.  Cry to him about it...  DF has fucked up before and... likely have again.  They tend to do that with TAA, which John self admits that he has problems with.

So the only thing you can think to say is "bu but you're threatened" lmao.. you're a clown man.  I knew you were gonna say that shit as soon as I brought it up.. You have a problem with accepting ANY other source when it doesn't paint the Xbox in the light that you want it to be... you're the definition of a fucking fanboy bitch LMAO.

Stop putting all your stock in Digital Foundry dumbass... and besides all that... I said what I said in this thread based on the DF video.. I didn't even see the other one until now... So NOTHING about what I've said has changed... Meanwhile you're trying to act like I'm running... LOL Fuck off Dynaderp :lawl: 

The X1X has terrible fps drops... terrible screen tearing... terrible input lag...

It's fucking garbage.. get over it :reg: 

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Dude... you're losing it :tom: 

NXGamer said... not me bitch.  Cry to him about it...  DF has fucked up before and... likely have again.  They tend to do that with TAA, which John self admits that he has problems with.

So the only thing you can think to say is "bu but you're threatened" lmao.. you're a clown man.  I knew you were gonna say that shit as soon as I brought it up.. You have a problem with accepting ANY other source when it doesn't paint the Xbox in the light that you want it to be... you're the definition of a fucking fanboy bitch LMAO.

Stop putting all your stock in Digital Foundry dumbass... and besides all that... I said what I said in this thread based on the DF video.. I didn't even see the other one until now... So NOTHING about what I've said has changed... Meanwhile you're trying to act like I'm running... LOL Fuck off Dynaderp :lawl: 

The X1X has terrible fps drops... terrible screen tearing... terrible input lag...

It's fucking garbage.. get over it :reg: 

You reacting like this with all this reaching, scouring the net for something opposing, it's getting so funny watching you meltdown.

"Consoles aren't encroaching on PC!"

YES THEY ARE AND IT'S KILLING YOU :mj:

You reacting like this with all this reaching, scouring the net for something opposing, it's getting so funny watching you meltdown.

"Consoles aren't encroaching on PC!"

YES THEY ARE AND IT'S KILLING YOU :mj:

"All this reaching and scouring"... lmao 

"This is what NXGamer said"  - Remij 

Dynaflop goes berserk and defaults to the "console vs pc - you're threatened - encroaching" shit :mj:

The only thing Xbox is encroaching is 3rd party status shithead :ovolol:

2 minutes ago, Aza Team 2019 said:

Like there is some sort of noticable difference between 1800p and 2000p. You people are insane.

I use it as an explanation to account for performance differences.. which make sense.  Dynamite's acting like saying it drops res is the end of the fucking world.. and that I'm saying X1X is weak or some shit because of it.. lmao.

NO REMIJ IT DOESN'T!!!  DIGITAL FOUNDRY SAID NO!!  :cries:

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I use it as an explanation to account for performance differences.. which make sense.  Dynamite's acting like saying it drops res is the end of the fucking world.. and that I'm saying X1X is weak or some shit because of it.. lmao.

NO REMIJ IT DOESN'T!!!  DIGITAL FOUNDRY SAID NO!!  :cries:

The guy's entire existence currently relies of the small performance boost of the X, he and the other lems make nothing but DF threads, he has all the other systems and literally just doesn't play all the GOTY contenders they make because he's such a fanboy. Just give him his DF thread bro, he needs it more than you. 

• Upvote 1