How to build a PC... according to The Verge.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

He's no one, he's just the biggest PC advocate on the forum so people automatically assume he knows the most. I've been PC gaming longer than him and probably anyone on this forum. 

He's no one, I'm no one, but based on your past posts you're the authority on all matters related to gaming, immigration policy, hip hop, and whether or not the Xbox is a superb console.

Gotcha :colbertdid:

• Upvote 1
Just now, Teh_Diplomat said:

He's no one, I'm no one, but based on your past posts you're the authority on all matters related to gaming, immigration policy, hip hop, and whether or not the Xbox is a superb console.

Gotcha :colbertdid:

and he's the one that got the whole "burn-in" claim wrong.

and when it was accurately pointed out, he tried to change his story.

Oh you should see his sales predictions posts..................and you should see him completely disappear in NPD sales threads when people bring up his predictions.:tom:

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

If the shoe fits...

If the Shoe fits.

A spade is a spade.

You really are the Forrest Gump of this forum with these Life's like a box of Chocolates quotes. 

34 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

This is gold. :danylol:

Yea, I saw The Verges video... lmao what a fucking train wreck... and Bitwit's reaction to it was the first reaction I clicked on... I fucking lost it when he said "It's a CPU... you're not icing a cake"  :ovolol:

The guy was so fucking clueless...  What a terrible video.  Embarrassing for The Verge and Capital One :shake: 

2 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

He's no one, he's just the biggest PC advocate on the forum so people automatically assume he knows the most. I've been PC gaming longer than him and probably anyone on this forum. 

You've been registered on Steam for less than a year more than me.... That doesn't mean you've been a PC gamer longer than I have...  My first PC was a Tandy 1000 RSX which I gamed on :reg: 

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Yea, I saw The Verges video... lmao what a fucking train wreck... and Bitwit's reaction to it was the first reaction I clicked on... I fucking lost it when he said "It's a CPU... you're not icing a cake"  :ovolol:

The guy was so fucking clueless...  What a terrible video.  Embarrassing for The Verge and Capital One :shake: 

Yeah man, it's fuckin' BAD. :rofl: He also didn't even remove the factory thermal paste. :mj: I mean the dude didn't even mount the cooler's bracket to the backplate properly. He actually missed a mounting point. :danylol:

jbareham_180831_2838_0045.jpg

:ovolol:

I guess he could just use some "tweezers" to tidy up that mistake. :kaz: Good thing he's got his anti-static wrist band on to keep the components safe. :rofl:

9 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Yeah man, it's fuckin' BAD. :rofl: He also didn't even remove the factory thermal paste. :mj: I mean the dude didn't even mount the cooler's bracket to the backplate properly. He actually missed a mounting point. :danylol:

jbareham_180831_2838_0045.jpg

:ovolol:

I guess he could just use some "tweezers" to tidy up that mistake. :kaz: Good thing he's got his anti-static wrist band on to keep the components safe. :rofl:

I know :D  omfg.... He also put the PSU in with the fan facing inward :snoop: 

After the backlash and reactions to his video he even made a stream defending it playing Black OPs 4 saying that people were making a big deal out of nothing and that he fixed a lot of stuff off camera and that "they're just mad because he has a better PC than them" and that it couldn't have been too wrong because "it's still working"  :tom: 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

I know :D  omfg.... He also put the PSU in with the fan facing inward :snoop: 

After the backlash and reactions to his video he even made a stream defending it after playing Black OPs 4 saying that people were making a big deal out of nothing and that he fixed a lot of stuff off camera and that "they're just mad because he has a better PC than them" and that it couldn't have been too wrong because "it's still working"  :tom: 

Wow, he made a stream and defended this abomination? The kid obviously learned absolutely nothing then, or he secretly went watched a bunch of tech tuber PC build videos to educate himself. Either way, that dude should be apologizing for making the worst possible PC build ever, published it as an educational video, and the editor-in-chief should be re-evaluated for his position for green lighting this dumpster fire. :tom:

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Wow, he made a stream and defended this abomination? The kid obviously learned absolutely nothing then, or he secretly went watched a bunch of tech tuber PC build videos to educate himself. Either way, that dude should be apologizing for making the worst possible PC build ever, published it as an educational video, and the editor-in-chief should be re-evaluated for his position for green lighting this dumpster fire. :tom:

Exactly.. 

There ARE people out there who would watch that video assuming it was correct information... and start freaking out because their cases don't have those "insulating pads" so that the PSU doesn't short circuit when coming in contact with the case.... :lawl: 

:snoop: 

• Haha 1