What was your college major?

Just now, teh_4th said:

I've always wanted to learn wood working/carpentry:happysad:

My old man worked for the county for 35 years and also owned his own construction company, I've learned a lot of very useful skills over the years being around it my whole life. 

I could build a house from the ground up and rebuild an engine, I wouldn't trade the knowledge and practical skills I've gained for anything. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

My old man worked for the county for 35 years and also owned his own construction company, I've learned a lot of very useful skills over the years being around it my whole life. 

I could build a house from the ground up and rebuild an engine, I wouldn't trade the knowledge and practical skills I've gained for anything. 

That's awesome. No one in my family has ever been handy.  It's hard to pick up those skills without some guidance.

• Upvote 1
Just now, teh_4th said:

That's awesome. No one in my family has ever been handy.  It's hard to pick up those skills without some guidance.

To be honest like I said I think you really have to just grow up around it. You're gaining experience when you're young without even realizing it just by being exposed to it. Hell we're building a shop at my dad's place right now in our spare time, poured the slab, framed it, sided it, wired it, installed all the windows and we're about to get it ready for insulation and drywall. He also owned a lot of heavy equipment given his construction business as well so I can drive semis, loaders, dozers etc. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

To be honest like I said I think you really have to just grow up around it. You're gaining experience when you're young without even realizing it just by being exposed to it. Hell we're building a shop at my dad's place right now in our spare time, poured the slab, framed it, sided it, wired it, installed all the windows and we're about to get it ready for insulation and drywall. He also owned a lot of heavy equipment given his construction business as well so I can drive semis, loaders, dozers etc. 

There's a lady in my neighborhood who's a chemical engineer but grew up in a very rural area.  She has an incredible garden that she designed the irrigation for herself, she completely renovated the entire interior of her home, and built her own patio.  She's a total milf in her 40's and single.  every dude in the neighborhood has a stiffy for her :D 

A woman who knows her way around tools is so hot 

Edited by teh_4th

My father worked construction for years and taught me and my siblings a lot of shit. After that he worked for Motorola (on a assembly line). 

I'm not sure what a college major is tbh, but I got into advanced math and business economics in 11th grade til 13th grade. After that  I got a bachelors in business informatics. 

2 minutes ago, kaz said:

My father worked construction for years and taught me and my siblings a lot of shit. After that he worked for Motorola (on a assembly line). 

I'm not sure what a college major is tbh, but I got into advanced math and business economics in 11th grade til 13th grade. After that  I got a bachelors in business informatics. 

13th grade? What country are you in? US school goes to grade 12.