Gwent Thonebreaker media and previews - A 'full-fledged Witcher RPG'

11 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Thank god for consoles, none of this gay let's have 8 different game platforms on one device...

Such a stupid comment :hest: 

One hardware device vs 8 different consoles hooked up to multiple displays  :tom: 

34 minutes ago, bhytre said:

*insert spy card*

Game won

LMFAO  Gaynt  :tom: 

Polish trash :will: 

For a guy who pretend to hate these games, he seems to know some fundamental Gwent strategy.

Think he's played it, in secret, and doesn't want to admit it.

It's no secret I played Polish trash, my posts are in the wayp sticky :laff:

It's also no secret to anyone with 2 brain cells that Gaynt is simplistic trash with no strategy involved, just shit on all rules with a few spy and decoy cards in your deck LMAO simpleton card games :mj:

Edited by bhytre
  • Haha 1
On 2018-09-28 at 2:19 AM, bhytre said:

It's no secret I played Polish trash, my posts are in the wayp sticky :laff:

It's also no secret to anyone with 2 brain cells that Gaynt is simplistic trash with no strategy involved, just shit on all rules with a few spy and decoy cards in your deck LMAO simpleton card games :mj:

Standalone gwent is a lot more intricate and complex.

8 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Standalone gwent is a lot more intricate and complex.

Nah fuck that,the best thing about the original game is that it's simple and quickly played.

And while it's true the spies and decoy cards are OP you can still have some deep strategy, some of the matches in the actual game are quite hard if you didn't build a good deck, which takes a long time. bhytre is full of shit. lol

It looks cool, he said it has more text lines than the hearts of stone expansion. I want to play it.  gwent is just awful though that shit puts me too sleep just looking at cards.... 

Just now, kaz said:

It looks cool, he said it has more text lines than the hearts of stone expansion. I want to play it.  gwent is just awful though that shit puts me too sleep just looking at cards.... 

:snoop: I thought you were supposed to be a huge Witcher 3 fan and now you say you don't even play Gwent? 

Just now, Ramza said:

:snoop: I thought you were supposed to be a huge Witcher 3 fan and now you say you don't even play Gwent? 

I always said it. It's boring. the game looks cool but the combat being a card game session is stupid. reminds me of that mod that turned every encounter into gwent in witcher 3 :D 

It's still better than the poker shit in witcher 2, that was really awful lol

22 minutes ago, kaz said:

I always said it. It's boring. the game looks cool but the combat being a card game session is stupid. reminds me of that mod that turned every encounter into gwent in witcher 3 :D 

It's still better than the poker shit in witcher 2, that was really awful lol

:snoop: It's more fun than clearing out another bandit camp and ties in with some cool quests. You suck.

8 minutes ago, Ramza said:

:snoop: It's more fun than clearing out another bandit camp and ties in with some cool quests. You suck.

at least i don't suck at reading because I never said that clearing out another bandit camp is more fun than playing gwent :snoop:

1 minute ago, kaz said:

at least i don't suck at reading because I never said that clearing out another bandit camp is more fun than playing gwent :snoop:

But it's safe to assume you spent more time doing boring combat than Gwent.

It's a pretty safe assumption since you can't stand Gwent apparently, or so you claim, dumbass.

Just now, Ramza said:

But it's safe to assume you spent more time doing boring combat than Gwent.

It's a pretty safe assumption since you can't stand Gwent apparently, or so you claim, dumbass.

well yeah, but I didn't enjoy the combat obviously. you know why i like witcher 3 and I just was bored after gwent after a while

54 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Nah fuck that,the best thing about the original game is that it's simple and quickly played.

And while it's true the spies and decoy cards are OP you can still have some deep strategy, some of the matches in the actual game are quite hard if you didn't build a good deck, which takes a long time. bhytre is full of shit. lol

err i didn't really phrase that well. What I meant to say is that theres more complexity and intricacy in terms of the number of units and faction abilities/attributes and how they all work together. The game itself is still very easy to pick up and play, and the rules are mostly the same.

Edited by Twinblade
57 minutes ago, kaz said:

Well the cool thing about this version of Gwent is that the art and animation team really took things to the next level in terms of the character animations and spell effects that you see while playing. It gives the illusion that you're playing more than just a typical card game.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Well the cool thing about this version of Gwent is that the art and animation team really took things to the next level in terms of the character animations and spell effects that you see while playing. It gives the illusion that you're playing more than just a typical card game.

yeah that's true.  it looks like the game has a lot of potential. The trilogy is done so I can't really complain because I need any new witcher game. put it right back into my veins.