PC gaming LOL

What I found out so far:

- 0xc0000005 seems to be a synonym for the error ACCESS_VIOLATION
- It's a general error that appears if something is not the the games liking
- if you don't have the error yet you're unlikely to develop it later unless you run a software or setup that is known for conflicts
- The issue seems unrelated to the Windows Store

Software known to cause the issue:

- MSI Afterburner / Riva Tuner Statistics Server
- EVGA Precision
- NZXT CAM
- OBS
- Xsplit
- Warsaw Banking App
- Various antivirus or firewall software

So basically anything that creates an overlay or hooks into the game.

Hardware setups known to cause the issue:

- Having more than two monitors connected to your graphics-card (regardless if active or not)
- Having a VR or Mixed Reality Headset connected (regardless if active or not)
- USB sound-devices

Windows settings that might or might not cause the issue:

- Having the sound settings set to anything but default in terms of bitrate and quality
- Having disabled Sound Enhancements
- Windows Spatial Sound

Odd things that helped some people:

- Reinstalling GPU drivers after a complete uninstall with Display Driver Uninstaller
- Disabling App Developer Mode for the app in Windows 10

To do this open a Powershell window and enter:

Code:
Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register -Path "$((Get-AppxPackage | where {$_.Name -match "SunRiseBaseGame"}).InstallLocation)/appxmanifest.xml"

Thanks to Akronis for the updated code!

If the game crashes after the splash but you get DCOM Error 5 in the Event Viewer:

- This error means something went wrong with the installation folder of the game and a re-download of the game should fix it

- It might also be fixed by moving the game to another HDD via the Windows Settings

If none of the above helped you, like it hasn't for me, you have come to the right place. Please list as much information as possible about your computer and mention anything that might even only be tangible related so we might find out a common thing between our setups.

Official Forza Horizon 4 Support Forum: https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_topics111_Technical-Support-and-Help.aspx

Official Forza Horizon 4 Support Website: https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360007593074-My-Game-is-Not-Launching-on-PC

Additionally please also go to Support Website, log-in with your Microsoft Account and raise a ticket.

Things I personally tried beyond all of the above:

- Setting up a new Windows 10 User Account
- Uninstalling Glass8 and MacType
- Ending every non-Windows process in the Task Manager
- Unplugging everything but one monitor over DVI, my speakers, keyboard and mouse from my PC
- Setting my screen to 1080p 60hz
- Removing any listed bluetooth device

And as a final word, yes I could reinstall Windows and that might "fix" it but that's a solution, not a fix. If we run into this issue again we can't just keep reinstalling Windows so let's find out what causes this and get to the bottom of this.

Somebody had a PC problem?  Alert the press!!! :hest: 

The game has an issue when OC software hooks into the API... so it doesn't start... this isn't exactly a new thing.  Of course... people blame this shit on PCs... instead of their own stupidity.  MS locks that shit down on UWP for a reason :tom: 

And the windows store :cruise: ... it's a clusterfuck.  I haven't had any problems for a long time though.  I can only imagine the years and years some people go without cleaning or refreshing their windows installation.  Probably upgraded from 7 to 8.1 then to 10... then all these new updates.. with all the software they put on there to view statistics and mod shit... The amount of overlays running at any given time could be ridiculously stupid.  Windows, GameDVR, Nvidia Share, Steam overlay, OC software, reshade... ect ect...

People expect shit to just work after years of neglect.

I think the reason why I don't have issues is because I'm always on the latest build.. and keep my shit relatively clean from overlapping software and shit.

Of course people are just fucking retarded too, and a large amount of them will have issues no matter what.. I mean, look at the idiot from the Verge  LOLOLZ  Consoles exist for people like him and Jon :hehe: 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Of course people are just fucking retarded too, and a large amount of them will have issues no matter what.. I mean, look at the idiot from the Verge  LOLOLZ  Consoles exist for people like him and Jon :hehe: 

:cruise:

3 minutes ago, Bodycount NX said:

No need to fight, Xbox and PC are the bottom of the barrel. :D 

Exclusives are something PoC and Xflop will never have to worry about. :D 

SW is between the Almighty N and Sony. that's it.

PC has more exclusives that Switch ever will... released this year alone.

And the best thing about Nintendo consoles is that they always get emulated...  We take your games because we can and you can't stop us :geese: 

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Imagine having to choose between 'quality' or 'performance' mode cause your peasant console that you had to buy twice can't handle both  :drake:

ROFL

Imagine buying multiple OG XO consoles... one because it was Call of Duty themed :kaz: 

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Imagine having to choose between 'quality' or 'performance' mode cause your peasant console that you had to buy twice can't handle both  :drake:

Your PC cost more than every Xbox console combined . And it has more bugs than your mom's bed ROFL

• Haha 2
25 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

People expect things to just work ......

Lmfao YES THEY DO 

PC is JUNK LMAO 

And it does... assuming you aren't a retard. LOL

And not only does it work... it works much better.  Tears in the review at 4K 60 :juggle: 

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

And it does... assuming you aren't a retard. LOL

And not only does it work... it works much better.  Tears in the review at 4K 60 :juggle: 

1.33 percent of PC gamers play in 4k :D

SteamForumGamers :D

Hermits act like they are so smart yet spend 2000 dollars to play broken Xbox ports LOL

2 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

1.33 percent of PC gamers play in 4k :D

SteamForumGamers :D

Hermits act like they are so smart yet spend 2000 dollars to play broken Xbox ports LOL

No.. 1.33% of steam gamers who participated in the survey own a 4K display...

And I don't give a fuck what other people play... I play what I play.. and you're fucking raped PlebboxX :juggle: 

30fps :mickeyj:

7 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

No.. 1.33% of steam gamers who participated in the survey own a 4K display...

And I don't give a fuck what other people play... I play what I play.. and you're fucking raped PlebboxX :juggle: 

30fps :mickeyj:

There should be more. Easier to read steam troubleshooting forum at 4k ROFL

8 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

There should be more. Easier to read steam troubleshooting forum at 4k ROFL

God damn, even your crappy bait is anchored in stupidity.  Running Windows at a higher resolution would just make things smaller and harder to read without being scaled..  at which point you're just making it the size it was before.

But you seem to be doing just fine reading them on your shitty Dell with a 1080p screen LOL.  That's probably what you bought your Dell for... ol' TroubleshootingJon found another error to report :kaz: