Red Dead Redemption 2 EXCLUSIVE thread for PS4 owners ONLY (Smelly HermPits and Xcucks not allowed)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since Sony has been gracious enough to get exclusive content for red dead I think we should have our own EXCLUSIVE thread. We can allow Lemmards and their butt buddies, the Smelly Hermpits, to post in

Posted Images

Downloaded the 3.5 GB Patch to version 1.02.

Shiiit, took me 2 minutes for that. I expect it to begin loading from the 50GB Data Disc, so I will take a quick shower.

It 'll load 42GB from the first disc and then 48GB from the second disc.

Edited by jehurey

First disc done, took almost exactly 30 mins. Second one is loading.

Thankfully, the plastic case isn't like the one from the photo leak from last week. I don't like that case where it places one disc overlapping the second disc. Its got a divider plastic inside that keeps both discs separate from each other.  Nice sturdy plastic, too.

Edited by jehurey
31 minutes ago, Bodycount NS said:

i had a one x preordered (the white one) but cancelled it. couldn't justify it with the current and future lineup, not worth investing in that ecosystem any longer.

Dude you missed out.. especially for this game.  Best on X.  Most multiplats are best on X.. better than pro.  If you will be playing on 4k then you shoulda got the X.

Besides, you probably already have a PS4 non pro don't you?

Edited by S#$@%^i

Setting up a deal to get a PS4 w/ 2 controllers for $250, and parlayed the 2nd controller to another guy (will pick up/exchange afterwards) for a copy of God of War.

Let's hope this all works out as intended.

Otherwise I'm gonna go from B) to :clint:

edit: Getting the standard PS4 because according to Digital Foundry if you don't have a 4K TV, you're better off with the PS4 over the Xbox One S. If you've got a 4K tv then the Xbox One X is the version to cop.

But I need to catch up on all of this generation, hell I only got a modern PC in August; first since summer 2016.

Edited by Teh_Laundromat
58 minutes ago, Teh_Laundromat said:

Setting up a deal to get a PS4 w/ 2 controllers for $250, and parlayed the 2nd controller to another guy (will pick up/exchange afterwards) for a copy of God of War.

Let's hope this all works out as intended.

Otherwise I'm gonna go from B) to :clint:

edit: Getting the standard PS4 because according to Digital Foundry if you don't have a 4K TV, you're better off with the PS4 over the Xbox One S. If you've got a 4K tv then the Xbox One X is the version to cop.

But I need to catch up on all of this generation, hell I only got a modern PC in August; first since summer 2016.

Get the Pro . Downsampling makes a HUGE difference on 1080p screens

56 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

Get the Pro . Downsampling makes a HUGE difference on 1080p screens

Oh?

Downsampling is technical speak for dropping the resolution, no?

I'm not really familiar with consoles ( :tard: ) and the resolution process, but from what I have gathered, they scale it down when it's struggling?

I'm so used to PC where you set it so the options you can maintain throughout.

24 minutes ago, Teh_Laundromat said:

Oh?

Downsampling is technical speak for dropping the resolution, no?

I'm not really familiar with consoles ( :tard: ) and the resolution process, but from what I have gathered, they scale it down when it's struggling?

I'm so used to PC where you set it so the options you can maintain throughout.

I don't know the technical shit but whatever low res PS4 has like 1440 doensampled on a 1080p tv will look a lot better than normal 1080p

When I first got my X I still had a 1080p tv and the games looked so much cleaner .

Also the other small benefits of pro will still be noticable on a 1080p screen.

It's dumb to buy a base console now . What tv are you gaming on ? The Westinghouse in the laundromat? Rofl