RTX is a massive FLOP . Hermits are dead

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nvidia and intel

You're an idiot.    Ray-tracing is trash and has no future - Jonb1   This is gonna end as well as this did for you      

Why do you care what I do with my money   WHY DO YOU CARE    Rofl

16 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I'm targeting a computer build for 2020, and hopefully its the latter half of 2020. Hopefully Cyberpunk 2077 releases right around that same time.

If next gen consoles are rumored to be 1080 level may as well upgrade now .

12 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

If next gen consoles are rumored to be 1080 level may as well upgrade now .

Why?  The whole point of the PC is to be comfortably ahead of the consoles, and the high-end GPU eventually make their way down to mid-range price levels. That's the sweet spot GPU that comes about once every 3-4 years.

I think nVidia is going to have some growing pains with their ray-tracing, so I want to give them about two GPU product refreshes beforeI dive in.

Edited by jehurey
6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I'm targeting a computer build for 2020, and hopefully its the latter half of 2020. Hopefully Cyberpunk 2077 releases right around that same time.

That's a good idea.  Nvidia will have their 7nm refresh out and it will be better integrated and supported by that time as well. (Assuming that's what you go for)

The RTX series has so many awesome architectural improvements which aren't being fully utilized yet.  Mesh shading for one.

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/nvidia-rtx-series-3x-faster-in-mesh-shading-in-vulkan-rtx2080-handles-20-billion-triangles-second/

3x performance increase... insane amounts of geometry and objects..  Next gen games are going to be crazy.  AMD was trying something similar with primitive shaders for Vega, however that never materialized anything because presumably AMD couldn't dedicate resources to getting it working right so it was essentially left broken.  They didn't even have API extensions available so nobody could try to use it even if they wanted to.  Nvidia's mesh shaders though already have extensions for all the 3 major APIs (DX12,Vulkan,OGL) and developers are already playing with them.

Then there's variable rate shading as well.. being implemented into games now.  The Wolfenstein 2 patch just released today.

Jon, understandably is going on and on about BF5 and how RTX tanks performance... which is fair..  But I remember when pixel shaders debuted and tanked performance.. when dynamic shadows debuted and tanked performance.. when tessellation debuted and tanked performance.. ect ect.  This is the first use case of the technology which developers are still learning and understanding best practices for.  It's also a very graphically taxing game.   On Ultra, RTX applies reflections to every surface based on the roughness of the material.  It's extremely taxing.  It's an attempt at shoehorning in a new technology to a game that wasn't intelligently designed for the technology.  Granted that's what all of these examples are.  It's how developers learn and how adoption begins.

I made a vid showing the limitations of SSR vs RTX reflections... and the fact is that while someone might not think it's worth the performance trade off currently... it's undeniably superior and fixes a lot of the artifacts of SSR.  Used in the right situations, it makes for a MUCH more cohesive scene whereas traditional methods completely fall apart.

20 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

If this is hermit mode :mj: did you watch the video ? ROFL 

Yea, before you posted it here.  I usually watch Gamer Nexus' vids... what's the issue?

It's new tech... you expected it to be perfect?  That's why it's an option and developers can learn.

You're taking this one example and dismissing an entire technology because of it... like technology doesn't improve :hehe: 

If technology was up to you... you'd write this off as a gimmick and never improve upon anything :kaz: 

Basically what I'm saying... is that you're a dumbo idiot. :shrug: 

8 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Why?  The whole point of the PC is to be comfortably ahead of the consoles, and the high-end GPU eventually make their way down to mid-range price levels. That's the sweet spot GPU that comes about once every 3-4 years.

I think nVidia is going to have some growing pains with their ray-tracing, so I want to give them about two GPU product refreshes beforeI dive in.

Video card prices don't drop like I was expecting 

Just now, Remij_ said:

Yea, before you posted it here.  I usually watch Gamer Nexus' vids... what's the issue?

It's new tech... you expected it to be perfect?  That's why it's an option and developers can learn.

You're taking this one example and dismissing an entire technology because of it... like technology doesn't improve :hehe: 

If technology was up to you... you'd write this off as a gimmick and never improve upon anything :kaz: 

Basically what I'm saying... is that you're a dumbo idiot. :shrug: 

I take this example because it's the only example and it's terrible :D

Just now, Jon2B said:

I take this example because it's the only example and it's terrible :D

By what metric?  If it's the only example and you're writing off the technology completely... you're proving yourself to be nothing but an idiot.

You're talking shit about the technology instead of the implementation.  That's my problem with you.  Of course... in 5-6 years you'll be talking about how great it is...  I've demonstrated this with you time and time again.  Nothing is important to you... until it's cheap and performant enough for you to like it.  Which is wrong, because all forms of technology go through these cycles.  If they weren't allowed to be badly implemented and buggy and scrapped, then it would never progress.

So talk about how it sucks... in this game. (which it doesn't... lmao you have no idea)  Ignorant dumbo idiot. :hest: 

5 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

The video shows it's a mess , half assed and kills performance .

It's... real time ray-tracing.  If you don't understand why it kills performance... you're ignorant.  You think it's half assed and a mess because it tanks performance.

In other words.. you don't know what you're talking about. 

You don't think it's worth it until it can be done more efficiently and with less impact on performance?  Ok, that's perfectly understandable.  Dismissing the technology (RTX cards) because of one game is stupid.

It's like looking at just PUBG on Xbox One X and saying... this POS system isn't worth $500...

It's half assed because the tech was released at a stupidly high price and it barely functions .

How many games does it support ? 1 LOL 

how does that 1200 dollar card perform ? Extremely poorly :D

is everything Ray Traced ? NO

Looks like a FLOP to me and every nerdmit out there that reviewed it :D

Just now, Jon2B said:

It's half assed because the tech was released at a stupidly high price and it barely functions .

How many games does it support ? 1 LOL 

how does that 1200 dollar card perform ? Extremely poorly :D

is everything Ray Traced ? NO

Looks like a FLOP to me and every nerdmit out there that reviewed it :D

All groundbreaking new tech releases at a high price... are you stupid or something?

Luckily that $1200 card doesn't just work in this one game :drake: 

Should everything be ray-traced?  Do you know how computationally expensive that is and how stupid you are for suggesting that it should be?

The tech looks like a flop.... that you'll be gushing about as soon a Xbox can do it at 30fps in about 6 years from now... I've seen this before :danylol: 

19 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

All groundbreaking new tech releases at a high price... are you stupid or something?

Luckily that $1200 card doesn't just work in this one game :drake: 

Should everything be ray-traced?  Do you know how computationally expensive that is and how stupid you are for suggesting that it should be?

The tech looks like a flop.... that you'll be gushing about as soon a Xbox can do it at 30fps in about 6 years from now... I've seen this before :danylol: 

So you admit it's half assed , ok good start .

40 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

So you admit it's half assed , ok good start .

It's not half assed.  It's currently the best implementation out there... 

Half assed would mean that there are better examples... dumb1 :drake: