Catherine Full Body is coming to PS4... but I guess PC and Xbox One are getting the original Catherine game

It first showed up on the Australian ratings board as "Catherine Classic" and was listed as multiplatform.

But now there's an ESRB listing and it shows PC and Xbox One now, alongside PS3 and X360.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis.aspx?Certificate=31215&Title=Catherine

I'm happy as fuck about this anyway.. I loved Catherine.  Weird though that they wouldn't just bring Full Body to PC and XO.  I guess they have exclusivity with Sony and this was a way to get around that?

4 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

This makes sense if PC is getting 360 BC in form of One support. So you're just getting the 360 BC version running on PC through MS's emulator. 

I doubt it.  Sega Europe is listed as the applicant on the Australian Ratings page.. that pretty much means an actual PC port.

2 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

This is so stupid. But the good thing is it seems Atlus now just let's Sega port shit since they own them. Expect SMT on PS4/PC and Persona on Switch/PC. 

What do you care?  You're getting the new version with extras. lol

But it is fucked up.  PS4 will have Full Body... PC will apparently have the original, and Xbox One would have the original through BC, and then this port?? LOL

Watevs, just gimme Catherine :glad: 

17 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Actually, what if Sony's policies regarding censorship caused them to have to make changes and so they are simply re-releasing the original on the other platforms to try to reduce the damages they expect? :wonder: 

Yeah by the way you listed the versions, and news over Playstation's censorship, it seemed like they're getting a re-worked version.

19 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Yeah by the way you listed the versions, and news over Playstation's censorship, it seemed like they're getting a re-worked version.

Yea.  This is all very weird.  We'll just have to wait and see.

It'll likely be a while before anything is announced anyway, as I don't see this releasing day and date with the PS4 version.

47 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

What do you care?  You're getting the new version with extras. lol

But it is fucked up.  PS4 will have Full Body... PC will apparently have the original, and Xbox One would have the original through BC, and then this port?? LOL

Watevs, just gimme Catherine :glad: 

Well it's more of a global thing. Sega has let its Euro branch go crazy by porting Shenmue remasters, greenlight ing Panzer Dragoon remakes etc. Sega is getting stuff done even if it's some very weak branches porting and stuff.