Sheep - new Doom Ditch patch is massive improvement

3 minutes ago, Ramza said:

That changes very little, if nothing at all. Coding software during development or after is of little difference, especially on a multiplat project that don't use Switch specs has lead development plat. At best it will be better because it's in-house and not outsourced.

But like I said, at the end of the day Eternal is going to be a lot more demanding than DOOM 2016 was. Thus you should expect the Switch version to struggle even more to run a game that is more graphically ambitious.

Best case scenario is better optimization this time, so you might get a version that will perform similar to DOOM 2016 despite being a better looking game. But to expect Eternal to be significantly better is wishful thinking.

It's only going downhill from now on.

That reminds me of an old convo I used to have with Vini where he thought all PS4 games would be 1080p by the end of the gen because of better optimization over time. :kaz:  When in reality, a lot of PS4 games runs at 900p now. NieR Automata, Dragon Quest XI, Soul Calibur VI. roff, probably thought the Pro was going to run all games at native 4K by the end of the gen too.

It took an additional year of patches, fixes etc for Doom Switch to get additional improvements because it was a port that was further optimized post launch. 

When I say Eternal will run better because it's being optimized during development... I mean Switch will get a better running version at launch compared to Where Doom 2016 ran on Switch at launch. 

The comparison I was  making was between Doom Switch at launch and Doom Eternal  Switch at launch.

Definitely not saying it will be 1080p, 60fps.... they're still targeting 30fps for Eternal Switch.

Im expecting a better optimized game at launch compared to last time... that's all im saying. 

46 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

It took an additional year of patches, fixes etc for Doom Switch to get additional improvements because it was a port that was further optimized post launch. 

When I say Eternal will run better because it's being optimized during development... I mean Switch will get a better running version at launch compared to Where Doom 2016 ran on Switch at launch. 

The comparison I was  making was between Doom Switch at launch and Doom Eternal  Switch at launch.

Definitely not saying it will be 1080p, 60fps.... they're still targeting 30fps for Eternal Switch.

Im expecting a better optimized game at launch compared to last time... that's all im saying. 

And your excuse for Wolfenstein II is? A game that is graphically superior, is newer and is worse than Doom on Switch... Also a game released 7 months after Switch came out meaning it was no doubt a factor of development...

Nothing can be done to save that thing from its shit hardware, it's not current gen equipped.

:reg:

Edited by DynamiteCop!
4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

And your excuse for Wolfenstein II is? A game that is graphically superior, is newer and is worse than Doom on Switch... Also a game released 7 months after Switch came out meaning it was no doubt a factor of development...

Nothing can be done to save that thing from its shit hardware, it's not current gen equipped.

Actually wolf 2 looks better on Switch than doom

6 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Wolfenstein II also recently got the same performance patches that Doom got.  Both were ports that got post launch optimizations.   Switch was added to wolf II development after development had already started, wasn't there from Jump. 

Edited by Goukosan
6 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Because it's a better looking game, but it's lower resolution and runs worse than Doom AND it's suspect using reconstruction. 

Nah it doesn't run worse than doom anymore.... It got few optimizations post launch... Runs at 30fps (even in the high stress point areas).... the resolution is currently what Doom was one patch ago...(which doesn't dip as low as it used to at launch)..... lowest dips are now 648p and runs at 720 outside of that. 

Both games seem to be getting the same optimizations...