Dragon Quest XI S : Switch Trailer.

6 minutes ago, kokujin said:

true true. the Jap version also doesn't have a "attributes and status effects" section in the journey log, which is why daft charm and etc. confused the fuck out of me.

It also has this uh... "put in a spell/charm/passcode," thinger, (you can listen to different passcodes at each church), and it resets your save at that point, but with your gold halved and then your playtime-timer reset.  I really don't understand what the jappos wanted.

As for the handicapps, it's stuff like "can't run away from battle,"  "can't fix status effects," etc. etc.  What's the point??

I like the game, no doubt. It's been THE premium go-to-rpg for anyone this year.  TBH I enjoyed FFXV a little more. Just liked the chars a bit more.

I'm at the part where (is it cool to discuss story with you, safely?)

Reveal hidden contents

Met with the Gay Salad Dancer, and set up camp with boy-king's troops. About to kill the one-shot-killah of the valley thinger.  I still don't know if it's a dragon or what. I NEED MORE RECIPE BOOKS. But I don't want to cheat and look up where they are. So far in Hotto Steppe, I've only found ONE, and that was via a quest. Why are they so many f'ng books?  (don't tell me). And there was one book that said "Now the you have no business reading this."  I will come back to it 50 hours later and see what's up. 

:-*  still no boat. Still love forging. Happy i'm not too overwhelmed with items. I like the costume change-able items, and how not every item does so. Senya (Serena?) is staying in the slut outfit, because she's a hot slut. 

You're welcome to discuss any impressions about the story before these scenes.  

Yea you're right.  A lot of handicaps are dumb.  Really no point to them.

I definitely enjoyed DQ11 more than FFXV, but I liked that game as well.

All I'm going to say is that there's still tons more for you to do.  The game is absolutely massive if you really want to do most of the side content.  I'm going on 111h and still not fully done it.  I was playing last night and earlier this morning.  I'll probably finish it off tonight.

• Like 1
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's the console it's not going to be on.

true true. the Jap version also doesn't have a "attributes and status effects" section in the journey log, which is why daft charm and etc. confused the fuck out of me.   It also has this uh

Yea you're right.  A lot of handicaps are dumb.  Really no point to them.   I definitely enjoyed DQ11 more than FFXV, but I liked that game as well.   All I'm going to say is that

no exp perk for doing a handicapp, eh? Well fuck it. :happysad:

I am addicted to it. I'm hoping la game gets massive in size and scale.. I don't want to know if it does (ya I know, I'm being a baby by writing what I hope then asking not to be told lol),

but I'm holding out!!  I'm lvl 14/15 where I'm at. My strongest weapon has a +39 attck.  Not sure if you remember if this is over-leveled for this area?  

I don't remember if it was you or ramza, but I am fucking with putting multiple characters on manual.  I've YET TO USE SKILL POINTS lol. got about 20 stored for some charactrers. Waiting till I can respec at churches but I heard that's truly not till later.  Want(ED) to spend the 8 points for steal, but I heard that's also useless.

I did gloss some late-game strat stuff from gamefaqs in English.  So that kind of takes the vanity/naive experience or joy out of it.   I will easily hit 200+ hours. I hit 340 hours in FFXV lol. 

16 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Yea you're right.  A lot of handicaps are dumb.  Really no point to them.

I definitely enjoyed DQ11 more than FFXV, but I liked that game as well.

All I'm going to say is that there's still tons more for you to do.  The game is absolutely massive if you really want to do most of the side content.  I'm going on 111h and still not fully done it.  I was playing last night and earlier this morning.  I'll probably finish it off tonight.

I'm sad your experience is almost over.  :(   it seems like a cool journey!!