EA: Expect Additional Estimate Reductions as BFV Sales Disappoint

3 minutes ago, lostfool said:

What he said was so incomprehensibly stupid I couldn't think of anything else to say.

This post is incomprehensibly stupid because you've not at all elaborated on how what I said was...

Calling someone or what they've said stupid doesn't make it so, that's not an argument. It's the guise of an idiot with nothing to say trying to start shit.

Kill yourself. 

9 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

This post is incomprehensibly stupid because you've not at all elaborated on how what I said was...

Calling someone or what they've said stupid doesn't make it so, that's not an argument. It's the guise of an idiot with nothing to say trying to start shit.

Kill yourself. 

Your post was stupid.  You went on some rant shoehorning your political bias into something that has nothing to do with politics.  Simply put the game bombed because it was an unfinished mess and is continuing EA's formula for games and gamers are fed up.  Also your mom is a whore

Just now, lostfool said:

Your post was stupid.  You went on some rant shoehorning your political bias into something that has nothing to do with politics.  Simply put the game bombed because it was an unfinished mess and is continuing EA's formula for games and gamers are fed up.  Also your mom is a whore

It wasn't shoehorned in, it's a reality of the society this development lives amongst. They are from Sweden, they are being taken over by leftists and insanity and it's showing in their work. Now, are they responsible for this releasing like this, was it their idea? Or was this EA executives calling for this, there's a big difference. 

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Things were so much better when the AA market was the forefront of gaming. 

Yeah if you take a look around the gaming market now, and look at the annual games put out, Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, etc. And then the sports titles:

FIFA, NBA 2K, Madden and all the extra shit that is sold on top of the game - and in many cases required - good luck playing Madden or 2K19 online without having spent additional money; you come to realization that there are sooo many game titles coming out that if you're able to avoid them you'll be better off.

Take NBA 2K19 for example, you need to, (conservative estimate) spend about $40 to get your player into the mid 80's in terms of skill in order to play online. And you'll still need to put several hours into the games competitive modes and grind out. Thus a portion of the community shells out even more ($60-$100+) in order to rapidly boost their character and therefor gain an advantage out on the court.

Same goes for AC Odyssey. Sure you're not 'forced' to buy additional items or XP; but it will shave off around 15 hours of grinding so you can actually equip the gear you acquire from the missions you've completed.

• Upvote 1

Also you rarely fond innovation in AAA games. Massive budgets and corporate oversight really stifle designers exploring new ideas. This gen we have for the most part been playing the same games as the last generation (your CoDs, Ass Creeds,  generic Ubisoft open world games) but with improved visuals.

The 5th, 6th, and to a lesser extent the 7th gen all improved and innovated over the preceding generation. What are we playing in the 8th gen that we weren't playing in the 7th? I can only really think of battle royale.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
37 minutes ago, kaz said:

just bought it for 30€, probably cheapest launch game I bought. thanks feminism. 

It's only just received it's first patch the other week, and yeah already down to $30 (Well $40 CAD - same difference) here, which is amazing; I'll look at picking it up in the spring sometime.

Contrast that with Battlefield 1 and it wasn't this cheap until Christmas of 2017, over year later.