How Russian agents have been amplifying tribalism in the US for the past decade

Just now, Goukosan said:

and what was the general consensus from all the experts in that same article? 

"But generally we heard from experts that although Clinton wants to make it easier for many undocumented immigrants to obtain legal status, that’s not the same as getting rid of enforcement entirely and allowing open borders." 

Our ruling

Trump said that Clinton "wants to have open borders."

"We rate this statement Mostly False." 

:cmpunk1:

That's not what I asked you.

i asked you to respond to what I wrote, which is: 

1) When have you ever seen the phrase "open borders" used in an energy context?

2) Why would she repeat the same exact concept in two different terms? 

Argument from authority is a fallacy. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority 

You are citing experts blindly. I am citing and evaluating what they SAY. You are arguing from a fallacy, and I am arguing on the basis of reasoning. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When? In what magnitude?   Where? Just within its boarders, but the whole country?   What? A microwave nuke or atomic bomb?   Who? Is Russia even “Russia” when in another

We could achieve the same effect by just sanctioning Russian oligarchs into the ground until they turn on Putin.  If we didn't have Putin's cock holster for a president, anyway.

Bunch of nothing, yet again.

5 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

That's not what I asked you.

i asked you to respond to what I wrote, which is: 

1) When have you ever seen the phrase "open borders" used in an energy context?

2) Why would she repeat the same exact concept in two different terms? 

Argument from authority is a fallacy. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority 

You are citing experts blindly. I am citing and evaluating what they SAY. You are arguing from a fallacy, and I am arguing on the basis of reasoning. 

Oh, so the Majority kf experts agree that Trump's claim was false... now it's "That's not what I asked you :awww:

Show me in that speech about energy and trade that she to the banks that she spoke about immigration at all. :cmpunk2:

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

Oh, so the Majority kf experts agree that Trump's claim was false... now it's "That's not what I asked you :awww:

Show me in that speech about energy and trade that she to the banks that she spoke about immigration at all. :cmpunk2:

So you really won't respond. :D 

It's because you have no good answer. :D 

Trying to pull the wool over peoples' eyes to make your political faction look better is sad. 

This is comical. You've been exposed. Trying to cover up the truth is poisonous. 

1 minute ago, SheepKilla said:

So you really won't respond. :D 

It's because you have no good answer. :D 

Trying to pull the wool over peoples' eyes to make your political faction look better is sad. 

This is comical. You've been exposed. Trying to cover up the truth is poisonous. 

Oh but I did respond. 

"But generally we heard from experts that although Clinton wants to make it easier for many undocumented immigrants to obtain legal status, that’s not the same as getting rid of enforcement entirely and allowing open borders." 

No where in the speech does immigration or immigrants come up... the entire speech spoke about trading with countries and improving trade and energy. 

Fox news has you believing that only immigrants come across borders. 

I wonder if your dense ass thinks that the tariffs on trade that Trump implemented has something to do with people anf illegal immigrants and not goods, services and trade. 

since you know.... any talk about boarders no matter the context must be referring to illegal immigrants according to your logic. :grimaceleft:

Did you miss this?

"Argument from authority is a fallacy. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority "

You are basing your entire argument on a FALLACY. 

There's so many holes in your thinking that it's not even funny. 

To top it off, those experts you just cited are referring to Hillary's KNOWN positions. The whole point of the Wikileaks transcript is that she is revealing something she wouldn't reveal in public about her true beliefs. She CAN'T say openly what she really feels about open borders, because that would lead to massive backlash. 

11 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

Did you miss this?

"Argument from authority is a fallacy. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority "

You are basing your entire argument on a FALLACY. 

There's so many holes in your thinking that it's not even funny. 

To top it off, those experts you just cited are referring to Hillary's KNOWN positions. The whole point of the Wikileaks transcript is that she is revealing something she wouldn't reveal in public about her true beliefs. She CAN'T say openly what she really feels about open borders, because that would lead to massive backlash. 

Actually the experts are referring to the leaks as well.... and they said "that’s not the same as getting rid of enforcement entirely and allowing open borders.":bena:

Im still waiting for the excerpt from the speech that talks about immigration and illegal immigrants.... since its so obviously about immigration, open boarders and abolishing border enforcement entirely....lmfao. :cmpunk1:

3 hours ago, SheepKilla said:

Hilary wanted to totally open our borders. 

Our culture would not be the same culture in 10 years if anyone just came over. 

I'm not really a racist, but do you guys seriously think that's a good idea? If you mix everything, you don't magically get a "best" of all the elements. Instead you get a hodge-podge mess. 

Just trying to understand the mindset. 

Nah, she didn't. Hillary is a centrist. 

She would've been the same as Obama on immigration. Slightly left of Canada. 

Edited by Vini

And by the way other than this wall idea and slightly higher detainments Trump is the same as Hillary and Obama on immigration as well. 

America doesn't have an immigration problem. It's just political pandering one way or another. The wall would be mostly symbolic.

Edited by Vini
7 minutes ago, Vini said:

America doesn't have an immigration problem.  

"Pew estimated the total population of illegal citizens to be 11.1 million in 2014, or approximately 3 percent of the U.S. population."

So in 2014, 3% of the population was an illegal citizen. 

Can you explain how 11 million people here illegally isn't a problem? 

15 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

"Pew estimated the total population of illegal citizens to be 11.1 million in 2014, or approximately 3 percent of the U.S. population."

So in 2014, 3% of the population was an illegal citizen. 

Can you explain how 11 million people here illegally isn't a problem? 

Every country has illegal immigrants, especially if you're gonna have a prosperous country then you're gonna have illegal immigrants. It's not a bug it's a feature. 

US also has the second highest illegal migrant work to unemployment ratio, most of these people are working and driving the economy.

Question is what is the amount you're going to allow and regulate. Keeping it under 3% seems reasonable. But if you consider anything above 0% a problem you're never going to solve it.

Edited by Vini
16 minutes ago, Vini said:

Every country has illegal immigrants, especially if you're gonna have a prosperous country then you're gonna have illegal immigrants. It's not a bug it's a feature. 

US also has the second highest illegal migrant work to unemployment ratio, most of these people are working and driving the economy.

Question is what is the amount you're going to allow and regulate. Keeping it under 3% seems reasonable. But if you consider anything above 0% a problem you're never going to solve it.

3% at this scale is not "oh, it's a minor problem." That's 11 million people. Obviously we can't have 0% but it's a massive problem.  

Agree to disagree. 

Europe has a massive immigration problem but not because of sheer numbers it's because of failure of integration. 

We don't have any integration problems, most of the illegals are working their asses of. 

3% of 300 million seems like a big number.

If that percentage grows I agree that it can become a bigger issue. But all things considered I think we're fine where we stand.

Income inequality and eventual automation of jobs are a million times more problematic than illegal immigration in the US. 

Edited by Vini