CES is this coming week. Nvidia giving their Keynote later tonight

15 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Expecting a $250 better than GTX1080 gpu... from AMD :kaz: 

I don't expect fuck all from AMD, it's just rumor. I can't wait to see all of the hurt come out of Intel when AMD announces Ryzen 3000 series for desktop on the 8th. :juggle: 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I Called it too          

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Bodycount N said:

imagine how sad your life is that you're hyping up an NVIDIA keynote :rofl: 

POC Gaymers :rofl: 

Says the Nintendo direct fag :tom: 

reggie-what-img.900x.jpg

Shut the fuck up you clown ass motherfucker.  Take Nintendo's D-erect and shove it up your flabby cottage cheese wrinkly ass bitch tits :kaz: 

5 hours ago, Carlos Vela said:

I Called it too

8E759311-E41A-496F-B61F-1ECA7A43CEA9.jpeg

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeet,

I told Remij about Gsync eventually coming to the HDMI standard probably over a year ago.

Except my hope was that there be an upgraded HDMI standard that allows the Variable Refresh Rate to be almost as capable as Gsync.

It was also one of my reasons for not buying a 4K tv about 18-24 months ago because I expected other standards might be updated within the next 3-4 years. HDR immediately came in after 2016, and now hopefully HDMI will be updated.

It doesn't really force Nvidia's hand in anything.  They are still going to have a Gsync standard and will continue to sell them.  They're just expanding the supported monitors to those that meet their criteria using the open VESA standard.  They aren't adopting the entire standard.  Not yet anyway.

This isn't Nvidia giving in... or dropping gsync.  Gsync is still factually better and worth the certification to some people... but there's going to be people who are satisfied with HDMI VRR.. so it's a good move on their part.

Are these driver supported monitors supporting this over Displayport or only HDMI only?

Just now, Remij_ said:

You're an idiot.  Seriously.  They literally JUST ANNOUNCED a new Gsync monitor :hest: 

And? HDMI 2.1 just made NVIDIA's rip off technology irrelevant. Literally no one gives a fuck except for NVIDIA shills.

Just now, Carlos Vela said:

Doesn’t force their hand? 

This means their GPu’s will say they work with FreeSync/VRR Displays (TV’s and Monitors)

What they’d truly prefer is for the TV’s to say “works with gsync” while getting a royalty fee

This means they can say these monitors are Gsync certified.... and that on anything else your mileage will vary and they are NOT supported.

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

And? HDMI 2.1 just made NVIDIA's rip off technology irrelevant. Literally no one gives a fuck except for NVIDIA shills.

No... trust me... people care about Gsync. HDMI 2.1 hasn't made anything irrelevant lmao.  And wash your filthy mouth fuckhead.  Nvidia created and marketed the technology.  Freesync is garbo compared to gsync on so many levels.  Of course you're happy to settle for less because it's cheaper :mj: 

Budgetnux3 :kaz: 

Just now, Remij_ said:

No... trust me... people care about Gsync.  And wash your filthy mouth fuckhead.  Nvidia created and marketed the technology.  Freesync is garbo compared to gsync on so many levels.  Of course you're happy to settle for less because it's cheaper :mj: 

Budgetnux3 :kaz: 

No one cares about G-SYNC. Get over it. FreeSync AKA Adaptive Sync wins again. :glad: Less and less manufacturers will be adopting that rip off from here on out. :juggle:

Edited by lynux3
Just now, lynux3 said:

No one cares abou G-SYNC. Get over it. FreeSync AKA Adaptive Sync wins again. :glad:

Everyone cares about Gsync, because everyone owns Nvidia GPUS... get the fuck outta here clown :kaz: 

Remember when you said a while ago that G-SYNC and FreeSync were completely different? Yet somehow NVIDIA is able to "certify" that FreeSync 2 monitors are G-SYNC "compatible" despite them... being... different. :thinkingface: Oh boy how wrong you were per usual. They are essentially the same except one is hardware accelerated mostly, proprietary and the other completely software with the proper hardware of course. Now the industry is forcing their hand. :lul: It's been a bad quarter for NVIDIA. Not only is their stock tumbling like a mother fucker they just lost their monitor sales cash cow. Thank you HDMI 2.1. :bow:

Edited by lynux3
13 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

This means they can say these monitors are Gsync certified.... and that on anything else your mileage will vary and they are NOT supported.

For now,  just wait until HDMI 2.1 Displays are the norm.

This is just the beginning for ”GSYNC”  to work on every HDMI 2.1 Display 

but its no longer “gsync “at that point..  it’s just them playing nice with mass adoptation 

Just now, Carlos Vela said:

For now,  just wait until HDMI 2.1 Displays are the norm.

This is just the beginning for ”GSYNC”  to work on every HDMI 2.1 Display 

but its no longer “gsync “at that point..  it’s just them playing nice with mass adoptation 

This. NVIDIA has been holding out as long as possible fucking consumers with proprietary garbage just to make an extra buck. Fuck NOVIDEO. :tom: