• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TCHBO

It's really the only damage control option they can come up with     

It's strange that they targeted 60 FPS to begin with, a game like this seems like it would be fine at 30 FPS because 90% of the appeal is the way it looks. Not only that if it were at 30 FPS they could have cranked up the resolution considerably, the Pro could probably be at 1440p to 1620p and the X at 1800p to 2160p. 

Weird decisions all around, the Japanese are kind of retarded when it comes to configuring their game targets and as of late with so many Japanese releases it's becoming more and more apparent. 

26 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It's strange that they targeted 60 FPS to begin with, a game like this seems like it would be fine at 30 FPS because 90% of the appeal is the way it looks. Not only that if it were at 30 FPS they could have cranked up the resolution considerably, the Pro could probably be at 1440p to 1620p and the X at 1800p to 2160p. 

Weird decisions all around, the Japanese are kind of retarded when it comes to configuring their game targets and as of late with so many Japanese releases it's becoming more and more apparent. 

This game has a complexly fast or rabid fighting system should you want it, so no. 

Since jonb obviously doesn't want a 'mess' and cares most about performance I guess he is defs playing on the PS4 Pro:

Dip into the console's front end and select the 1080p output resolution and the Pro drops its native 1296p output in favour of standard full HD - 1920x1080. Everything else about the presentation remains the same, but the frame-rate boost you get is a game-changer. The performance range is in the same 50-60fps window as Xbox One X, but the difference is that the Pro locks to the top end much more consistently. In theory, an Xbox One X version running on a FreeSync display may deliver a smoother, higher resolution presentation overall, but for standard screens, I think it's the PS4 Pro version that runs and plays best.

:hest:

9 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Since jonb obviously doesn't want a 'mess' and cares most about performance I guess he is defs playing on the PS4 Pro:

Dip into the console's front end and select the 1080p output resolution and the Pro drops its native 1296p output in favour of standard full HD - 1920x1080. Everything else about the presentation remains the same, but the frame-rate boost you get is a game-changer. The performance range is in the same 50-60fps window as Xbox One X, but the difference is that the Pro locks to the top end much more consistently. In theory, an Xbox One X version running on a FreeSync display may deliver a smoother, higher resolution presentation overall, but for standard screens, I think it's the PS4 Pro version that runs and plays best.

:hest:

Yeah at almost half the resolution, the IQ hit isn't worth a few frames difference especially on a product aimed for high resolution displays. Even more so when you consider the aesthetic design of the game and its CGI level appearance which benefits greatly at a higher resolution.

Even in that statement it says for "standard screens", these systems are not intended for standard screens, most people don't buy them for standard screens, and that shouldn't be your only competent option on a $400 console intended for 4K televisions.

Edited by DynamiteCop!

"However, there is a further dimension to the story and actually, as a Kingdom Hearts fan, it's the PS4 Pro version I'll be playing through to completion."

"Kingdom Hearts 3 is best played at 60fps, and it's PS4 Pro with its 1080p output mode that delivers the most fluid experience."

thread backfire :sabu:

the metldown on resetera 

"Damn. I bought the X version last night, then see this DF analysis today. Does Microsoft offer refunds on digital purchases via the Store on the Xbone?"

"I bought it on One X thinking it would clearly be the best option, now I'm stuck with this juddery shit.

I swear to fucking god I'll just stop buying games before they come out and DF does their analysis."

"Never preordering a game for Xbox again, buying ace combat 7, RE2, and KH3 was so hard. I screwed up buying 2 if those on the xbox.. "

"Truth. I am absolutely disgusted, this game runs like shit on my X. "

"The frame rate has been inconsistent as all hell on the X at the default setting. I would gladly bump down the resolution to get a smoother experience if I could."

"It stutters constantly, it's frankly unbearable to me as I am extremely sensitive to it. If the goddamn 30 fps mode worked at least, but as stated in the video it just doesn't."

:rofl:

Edited by Quad Damage
45 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Yeah at almost half the resolution, the IQ hit isn't worth a few frames difference especially on a product aimed for high resolution displays. Even more so when you consider the aesthetic design of the game and its CGI level appearance which benefits greatly at a higher resolution.

Even in that statement it says for "standard screens", these systems are not intended for standard screens, most people don't buy them for standard screens, and that shouldn't be your only competent option on a $400 console intended for 4K televisions.

LMAO, got you running in circles around your own statements.

You make more DF threads than anyone here and now want to argue against their opinion on which is the best version to play the game (an opinion to run to for nearly every multiplat game, so feel free to void their opinion for all your future threads):

"However, there is a further dimension to the story and actually, as a Kingdom Hearts fan, it's the PS4 Pro version I'll be playing through to completion."

"Kingdom Hearts 3 is best played at 60fps, and it's PS4 Pro with its 1080p output mode that delivers the most fluid experience."

You also made this thread over 'a few frames' difference and called Pro version a mess because of it but now 'it's not worth it over a few frames difference'? :D 

Ultimate thread backfire. 

15 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

the metldown on resetera 

"Damn. I bought the X version last night, then see this DF analysis today. Does Microsoft offer refunds on digital purchases via the Store on the Xbone?"

"I bought it on One X thinking it would clearly be the best option, now I'm stuck with this juddery shit.

I swear to fucking god I'll just stop buying games before they come out and DF does their analysis."

"Never preordering a game for Xbox again, buying ace combat 7, RE2, and KH3 was so hard. I screwed up buying 2 if those on the xbox.. "

"The frame rate has been inconsistent as all hell on the X at the default setting. I would gladly bump down the resolution to get a smoother experience if I could."

"It stutters constantly, it's frankly unbearable to me as I am extremely sensitive to it. If the goddamn 30 fps mode worked at least, but as stated in the video it just doesn't."

:dead:

Best on X  :grimace1:

26 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

the metldown on resetera 

That's a lot of work you did , good job . How about you post impressions for 1080p mode on Pro ?

Just now, Jon2B said:

That's a lot of work you did , good job . How about you post impressions for 1080p mode on Pro ?

:D The ways you continually run away from the topic at hand and make up some new thing is quite amazing. 

So I guess you can't comment on any DF threads or anything in the future is you haven't played said game? What's even the point of DF threads then since their whole point is the give us technical impressions before anyone plays them. 

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

:D The ways you continually run away from the topic at hand and make up some new thing is quite amazing. 

So I guess you can't comment on any DF threads or anything in the future is you haven't played said game? What's even the point of DF threads then since their whole point is the give us technical impressions before anyone plays them. 

What an I running away from ?

33 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

LMAO, got you running in circles around your own statements.

You make more DF threads than anyone here and now want to argue against their opinion on which is the best version to play the game (an opinion to run to for nearly every multiplat game, so feel free to void their opinion for all your future threads):

You also made this thread over 'a few frames' difference and called Pro version a mess because of it but now 'it's not worth it over a few frames difference'? :D 

Ultimate thread backfire. 

:dead:

Best on X  :grimace1:

You'd think so but you'd be an idiot for it. Let's see, so it was about a 20% higher framerate on the X at 1440p vs. 1296p on the Pro. 

That's a mess by any conceivable standard, so with the Pro at 1080p where are things now?

Well the Pro has about a 5% FPS advantage over the X but now it's disadvantaged by a 76% higher resolution on the X. The sacrifice outweighs the gain.

Congratulations on being a fucking idiot :tom:

Edited by DynamiteCop!
1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You'd think so but you'd be an idiot for it. Let's see, so it was about a 20% higher framerate on the X at 1440p vs. 1296p on the Pro. 

That's a mess by any conceivable standard, so with the Pro at 1080p where are things now?

Well the Pro has about a 5% FPS advantage over the X but now it's disadvantaged by a 76% higher resolution on the X.

Congratulations on being a fucking idiot :tom:

It's your own source saying it mate. Pretty much the source for most of the threads you make :D

KH3 is best played on Pro. 

:leo: