It appears Kingdom Hearts III is a mess on PS4 Pro

7 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

This is a thread about best version of KH3 and specifically performance wise (since Dyno made such a big deal about it) not if Quad has or is going to play KH3 on the Pro

Xbox performs better than Pro lmao . X is much higher resolution and performs better .

The only way pro performs better is if you lock it 1080p . You're claiming a win on that.  Lmao .

Idk why basic questions like what are you buying next , what are you playing , do you own , etc are such tough questions here :D

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TCHBO

It's really the only damage control option they can come up with     

1 minute ago, Jon2B said:

Xbox performs better than Pro lmao . X is much higher resolution and performs better .

The only way pro performs better is if you lock it 1080p . You're claiming a win on that.  Lmao .

Idk why basic questions like what are you buying next , what are you playing , do you own , etc are such tough questions here :D

The DF guy literally says he's going to continue playing the game on the Pro because it is best played that way. Meaning for KH3 overall performance > resolution. 

Can't pick and choose when to agree and disagree with DF :wrists:

Because you always bring them up to get out of a corner and when they have nothing to do with the thread.

"NPD thread'

'ZOMG WHAT ARE YOU PLAYING IN THE NEXT 2 MONTHS'

11 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

"However, there is a further dimension to the story and actually, as a Kingdom Hearts fan, it's the PS4 Pro version I'll be playing through to completion."

"Kingdom Hearts 3 is best played at 60fps, and it's PS4 Pro with its 1080p output mode that delivers the most fluid experience."

It's your own source saying it mate. Pretty much the source for most of the threads you make :D

KH3 is best played on Pro. 

:leo:

quoting for the new page :hest: 

56 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

"However, there is a further dimension to the story and actually, as a Kingdom Hearts fan, it's the PS4 Pro version I'll be playing through to completion."

"Kingdom Hearts 3 is best played at 60fps, and it's PS4 Pro with its 1080p output mode that delivers the most fluid experience."

It's your own source saying it mate. Pretty much the source for most of the threads you make :D

KH3 is best played on Pro. 

:leo:

You guys make this too easy. First off I don't care what John personally does, that's his prerogative. He chose Resident Evil 2 on the Pro even though it performs worse at the same resolution and arguably looks worse and is more distracting in motion due to the all of the visual artifacts and specular effects not having AA applied to them. I look at what is in front of me and make the most intelligent decision possible based upon what actually makes  the most sense.

Kingdom Heart III's native render mode on the Pro is not good, it's 2304x1296 and its performance is all over the place. The X's native render moder bodes about a 20% framerate advantage while also rendering at a 23% higher resolution. It's close enough to and at 60 FPS in most cases to where it's not really any kind of a problem. So, what happens with the Pro?

Well forcing the system to 1080p fixes the framerate problem and brings it into the X's territory and maybe outperforms it by 5% or so by holding the top end better, that's fantastic if that's the long and short of it but it's not. The X now has a 78% resolution advantage, so you've got these two 4K television oriented systems and one is now operating at the standards of what has been generally expected for the last four years on the base PlayStation 4. To add insult to injury they specifically denote but for standard screens, I think it's the PS4 Pro version that runs and plays best. In case you're not able to keep up and don't understand all the technical lingo that means a 1080p television. 

Uh yeah... I don't own one of those anymore, and I'd confidently say that the lions share of enhanced console owners don't either, they are aimed at 4K television owners, that is their market. So a small performance difference for a 78% gain in resolution dramatically increasing IQ or a 5% performance advantage for a 43% lower resolution.... It seems pretty obvious what the most intelligent decision is and it's not playing at 1080p. 

Oh and to make matters worse if you want flip flop between this game and other games you have to repeatedly change the system settings whereas on the other side you don't touch shit and just play the game...

:cmpunk2:

Edited by DynamiteCop!
1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

To add insult to injury they specifically denote but for standard screens, I think it's the PS4 Pro version that runs and plays best. In case you're not able to keep up and don't understand all the technical lingo that means a 1080p television. 

No it doesn't dumbass, he's talking about freesync and non freesync tvs. 'Standard tv' means tvs without freesync, including many 4KTVs. Learn to read. 

But happy to hear you don't care about John's opinion, excellent standard moving forward when you post your next DF thread.

15 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

No it doesn't dumbass, he's talking about freesync and non freesync tvs. 'Standard tv' means tvs without freesync, including many 4KTVs. Learn to read. 

But happy to hear you don't care about John's opinion, excellent standard moving forward when you post your next DF thread.

Regardless it doesn't make a difference, even if the aforementioned isn't what they meant it's still reality. 1440p or 1080p on a 4K tv with similar performance, it's a no brainer.

Edited by DynamiteCop!
7 hours ago, Quad Damage said:

the metldown on resetera 

"Damn. I bought the X version last night, then see this DF analysis today. Does Microsoft offer refunds on digital purchases via the Store on the Xbone?"

"I bought it on One X thinking it would clearly be the best option, now I'm stuck with this juddery shit.

I swear to fucking god I'll just stop buying games before they come out and DF does their analysis."

"Never preordering a game for Xbox again, buying ace combat 7, RE2, and KH3 was so hard. I screwed up buying 2 if those on the xbox.. "

"Truth. I am absolutely disgusted, this game runs like shit on my X. "

"The frame rate has been inconsistent as all hell on the X at the default setting. I would gladly bump down the resolution to get a smoother experience if I could."

"It stutters constantly, it's frankly unbearable to me as I am extremely sensitive to it. If the goddamn 30 fps mode worked at least, but as stated in the video it just doesn't."

:rofl:

:deadsuge:

Clang Clang

More satisfied customers :kaz: 

Wait a minute, this ENTIRE THREAD BACKFIRED and now Digital Foundry has concluded that the game is best played on a PS4pro????????

:lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl:

And now lemmings are trying to tell us what info they want to use from Digital Foundry, and which info they want to dismiss and pretend its not there?

:lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl:

This is Vintage Dynocrap. The universe somehow bends in away to make him fail.