Anthem is better on Pro

• Not quite "Next-gen today" but still doing a lot with its visual tech.
  • Unexpected loading times, such as entering and exiting a corridor area.
  • Visual parity save for some LODs.
  • 1800p checkerboarding seems to be on all 3 platforms but requires more investigation by DF, including PC.
  • Framerate drops across both platforms. Technically unlocked but hovers slightly above and more often below 30fps. Often into mid 20's on X.
  • Pro runs slightly better than X in like comparisons, including during missions and combat.
  • Frame timing issues across both platforms.
  • 1080p output on pro alleviates some problems (40-50fps) but still no 30fps cap. "Hints" at 60fps ceiling in very minimalistic areas but isn't really relevant to overall gameplay.
  • Anthem offers an upgraded experience for PC users, to come in a later video.

Edited by Team 2019
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Every Single Game this Year Runs Better on PS4 Pro     It's a monster It's a mon-mon... monster It's a monster     It's a monster It's a mon-mon... mo

The Resetera lemmings are livid LMAO

learn to read.    Runs better.    Runs.    R U N S  

I wouldn't take too much away from that video as he noted, it's not release code.

Also the X is very clearly rendering at a much higher resolution than the Pro, not sure what in the hell Richard is talking about with that 1800p comment but he did say they didn't do exact pixel counts or something.

This video says it all, the clarity difference is immediately apparent. The Pro seems to be in between the base systems and the X in terms of rendering resolution. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

DynamiteCop... X is more powerful than Pro..... but not every single game will run better on X. 

You also have a habit of only believing DF when it fits your Narrative and trying to discredit them when they don't. 

Facts talk, bullshit walks. The visual disparity between the X and the Pro is on level with Battlefront II, also the X has the same texture filtering benefit and parallax occlusion mapping which the Pro got fucked on.. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Facts talk, bullshit walks. 

So you're proving my 2nd point and only believing DF when it suits you :mickey:

Pro runs slightly better than X in like comparisons, including during missions and combat.

2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

So you're proving my 2nd point and only believing DF when it suits you :mickey:

Pro runs slightly better than X in like comparisons, including during missions and combat.

This has nothing to do with belief, you can see it. Clearly, there's a staunch difference in IQ. Also you're trying to compare performance for unreleased beta code for what likely amounts to a network test..

Edited by DynamiteCop!

Really impressive how bad MS is at hardware. Now I really feel sorry for all of you guys who got swindled by the One X. This game was marketed with Xbone, too, this was their goddamned closer at E3. :rofl: They wanted to pretend this was exclusive so badly.

I can't help but feel responsible, I have this huge shame and guilt for hyping Boner X before launch. i should have known, even with a raw power advantage on paper, the Xcuckolds who work at MS currently cannot win no matter what, they are inept and know nothing about games.

Accept my apology, guys. I know it doesn't mean much because I'm sitting here enjoying the best experiences possible ON PS4 Pro, especially in this current year full of so many huge new releases. It must suck to be an Xboner X owner.

Curse you MS, curse you and your inferior products.

Edited by Bodycount N
Just now, Goukosan said:

So next time DF says X version of any game is superior, we can all go get random videos on YouTube... find sections where pro runs better and then proclaim Pro version as superior :loldance:

Are you on drugs? Do you not have functioning eyeballs? Oh let me guess, you're viewing this on a phone. The IQ difference is jarring.

You guys are getting super retarded lately.

33073949388_4239eb7403_o.png

39984936703_d3b4e27948_o.png

46897397342_e2dc0a78a3_o.png

33073946088_fd3a798c63_o.png

Are you on drugs? Do you not have functioning eyeballs? Oh let me guess, you're viewing this on a phone. The IQ difference is jarring.

You guys are getting super retarded lately.

33073949388_4239eb7403_o.png

39984936703_d3b4e27948_o.png

46897397342_e2dc0a78a3_o.png

33073946088_fd3a798c63_o.png

learn to read. 

Runs better. 

Runs. 

R

U

N

S

• Haha 1

And? It's clearly unoptimized beta code. What are you expecting lol? They didn't even bother to lock the Pro's framerate for crying out loud. 

Bro.. stop spinning.   

The Demo runs better on Pro, that's a fact. When the final game is out that could possibly change. 

But at this moment... it runs better in pro. 

Boner X has to be cursed. :rofl: 

AC7 - inferior

RE2 - equal

KH3 - inferior

Anthem - inferior

if you have a boner X, i urge you, please sell it ASAP. you'll make back at least 90% of your money, now. This time next year, Boner X's will be firesaled. it's another failed product in the marketplace, like OG Xbone.

GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN GUYS

Just now, Goukosan said:

Bro.. stop spinning.   

The Demo runs better on Pro, that's a fact. When the final game is out that could possibly change. 

But at this moment... it runs better in pro. 

It's not spin, you guys get so wound up on crazy shit. They're even talking about the PC version having reconstruction in it, this was clearly a development slice just thrown out into the wild with some locked mission parameters.