Two years one, I'm still recovering from Breath of the Wild

https://www.cnet.com/news/two-years-on-im-still-recovering-from-breath-of-the-wild/

This really sums up what sets Nintendo titles apart.  They're works of art and not just great games.  They're experiences that transcend their medium.  We fall in love with them and hold on to them like a loved one. 

What a truly godlike game.  I can't wait for the follow-up.

Edited by teh_4th

why does everyone praise this game always 

...But give NO specifics? 

No "the story was amazing," no "that one level was amazing," no "that bossfight was amazing," etc. Basically no specifics, just 'this is one of the best games ever' ? 

12 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

No "the story was amazing," no "that one level was amazing," no "that bossfight was amazing," etc. Basically no specifics, just 'this is one of the best games ever' ? 

The best open world designed ever in terms of exploration, and how natural it feels. Compare it to any AAA world open game this gen for reference.

56 minutes ago, McWicked said:

BotW is going to be one of those games where people do a replay 5, 10, 15 years down the line.

Eh, maybe.

I absolutely loved BotW for like 70 hours. Never beat it though and tried to get back into my playthrough a bunch of times without much luck. 

Started a new playthrough recently while I was on a flight/away...played for about 10 hours or so and the magic just wasn't there tbh. The game was amazing (for me at least) largely because of the sense of discovery and wonder. All of that is unfortunately gone on a subsequent playthrough. 

Edited by Casual
1 hour ago, SheepKilla said:

It's the entire experience.  You can literally do what you want whenever you want how you want.  There is no hand holding, just your imagination.

3 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

That awkward moment when you side with your enemies in politics against your friends in politics b/c ur both sheep :benio:

I'mma borrow this quote when I need to call Deeno a Hitler sympathizer, if you don't mind. :ben: 

• Haha 1