New Shenmue 3 trailer

7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah, wtf is up with that model. It looks like it belongs in an entirely different game, stylistically it seems completely out of place.

It's a caricature of a rough and tough beat em up kind of guy.

You know.. kinda like Hugo from SF.

3148880-street-fighter-x-tekken-hugo_999

This is what I said on Gaf and agreed with a guy who said it looks "fan made".

That's exactly what I thought the whole time, I love the first two games and I mean love as in I've beat the first probably 15 times and the second 8 or 9. 

That's not Ryo... That's not Lan Di... That's not Shenhua.. 

I've have no connection to whoever the people are in that trailer, and the art direction is silly and extremely distracting with its cartoon looking nature. The game may end up being great but they made some easily avoidable mistakes in this game and it's really bothering me.

Here's to hoping people mod the hell out of the game on PC and actually produce character models that actually look right and environment reshades that bring back the gritty look of the first two games.

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

This is what I said on Gaf and agreed with a guy who said it looks "fan made".

That's exactly what I thought the whole time, I love the first two games and I mean love as in I've beat the first probably 15 times and the second 8 or 9. 

That's not Ryo... That's not Lan Di... That's not Shenhua.. 

I've have no connection to whoever the people are in that trailer, and the art direction is silly and extremely distracting with its cartoon looking nature. The game may end up being great but they made some easily avoidable mistakes in this game and it's really bothering me.

Here's to hoping people mod the hell out of the game on PC and actually produce character models that actually look right and environment reshades that bring back the gritty look of the first two games.

You're greatly exaggerating..

4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I'm not though, they really missed the mark on character design and environmental representation. 

I really don't agree.  I think they're fine.  In fact... I'd say they are more in line with the originals than I would have expected them to be.. after all this time.  The Dreamcast/Sega visual look of that generation is a hard to thing to extrapolate into a modern game engine.

Does it look like a budget game?  Of course... it IS a budget game.  That's not the same thing as "completely missing the mark"..

But hey, you're free to have that opinion.

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

181568-char_landi_shenmue.jpg

543641-A12.jpg

3d9c563069dde03f398acade99dd9f05.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Shenmue_Set2_284.jpg

Shenhua-images.jpg

I mean look at this... This is what Ryo SHOULD look like...

f7IHy5F.jpg

And this is what he looks like...

Ryo.png

They got it all wrong...

LOL

I think you made this post trying to prove your point... but you ended up proving mine instead :francis: