RemijTX confirmed a total flop

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It's all relative to the surface below it. 

No.. it's not.

47345496272_9d24105d36_o.png

Nothing is accurate at all there.  How can you be so blind as to not see this when it's in motion? It's all over this scene :D 

If there's any justice in this world, Crytek will release this same demo running on RTX with hardware accelerated support.. the difference in quality and performance will be quite apparent.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm talking about you trying to justify your purchase.  I told your clown ass to skip this generation and what did you do? You bent right over and let NVIDIA stick that 2080 Ti right up your ass.  

RTX was a massive flop.

'Member when Deeno rage quit the forum?   

7 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

No.. it's not.

47345496272_9d24105d36_o.png

Nothing is accurate at all there.  How can you be so blind as to not see this when it's in motion? It's all over this scene :D 

If there's any justice in this world, Crytek will release this same demo running on RTX with hardware accelerated support.. the difference in quality and performance will be quite apparent.

Watch the video, when that light source passes behind the shell entirely there's some kind of visual anomaly which obscures its reflection. It's obviously not a perfect implementation yet but this is nonetheless impressive and I know you were not expecting anything like this, no one was. 

That's also not likely to happen and if this is any indication Ray Tracing is probably going to be adopted at a compute level rather than at a dedicated hardware level making the RTX line of cards a market anomaly and failed experiment. 

If it can be done with compute as seen in this demo and it's effective enough no one will again bother with Nvidia's proprietary hardware. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
17 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Watch the video, when that light source passes behind the shell entirely there's some kind of visual anomaly which obscures its reflection. It's obviously not a perfect implementation yet but this is nonetheless impressive and I know you were not expecting anything like this, no one was. 

That's also not likely to happen and if this is any indication Ray Tracing is probably going to be adopted at a compute level rather than at a dedicated hardware level making the RTX line of cards a market anomaly and failed experiment. 

If it can be done with compute as seen in this demo and it's effective enough no one will again bother with Nvidia's proprietary hardware. 

Uh, I agree it's impressive... but I'll stop you short from claiming that I wasn't expecting something like this...

but no.. it's not accurate man.  It's extremely obvious.

And no... AMD is coming with their own hardware based solution... which will be exposed through DXR and Vulkan.

They will not be able to compete in performance unless they do. lol  Man I hope so badly they release this demo to the public. lol

its a rain-slicked street. you shouldn't need a puddle of water to get a reflection, there should be a blurred reflection on the slicked surface, and then a clear crisp reflection in the water puddle when the camera lines up properly with it.

That we're at the point where we have to zoom in 20x  to see if the bullet casings are properly reflected in the puddles tells me that we've reached a saturation point in graphics.  They'll get better, but who gives a shit?

19 minutes ago, McWicked said:

That we're at the point where we have to zoom in 20x  to see if the bullet casings are properly reflected in the puddles tells me that we've reached a saturation point in graphics.  They'll get better, but who gives a shit?

We don't have to.  It's quite obvious.

And that's not zoomed in at all... that's a snip from the trailer running in fullscreen. :francis: 

There were bound to be alternative ray tracing hack downloadsolutions that aren't as good or intensive as the real thing and dont need acceleration hardware, and this seems to apply only to reflections.

It's a solution that's "good" enough. I don't see why people are bitching about about RTX when it's amazing hardware that does RT BETTER. You're paying a premium for a premium experience.

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

There were bound to be alternative ray tracing hack downloadsolutions that aren't as good or intensive as the real thing and dont need acceleration hardware, and this seems to apply only to reflections.

It's a solution that's "good" enough. I don't see why people are bitching about about RTX when it's amazing hardware that does RT BETTER. You're paying a premium for a premium experience.

It's also going to be doing more..  There's more to ray tracing than just reflections.  There's a reason why they showed off this very specific reflections demo.  Same with why Nvidia did it as well.  It's extremely obvious.. in what it's doing.  Where as the things that are really going to make games look realistic and give a realistic appearance to materials is going to appear less obvious... at least until people get used to seeing things correctly and then they are suddenly shown "traditional" raster graphics again... then they will say... what the fuck that looks wrong :D