Phil Harrison: Stadia starts an "inevitable and one-way shift" away from consoles | gameindustry.biz

Companies (well, not MS) buy games. They all do it. You have to start somewhere to compete with Steam. 

Should they have just shit out a Windows 10 store rip off and be just as irrelevant ?? Let Steam continue to shit slap everyone and not even try to improve on things?

Epic store is setting itself up to be my main storefront on PC. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Epic is aggressive as fuck and I love it Even the Lemming king Crapgamer agrees.  

I said this a long time ago now.  Consoles will become unnecessary.  They have another generation left.. maybe 2.  Then it's done.    I said that developers will develop ONE version of their

Sounds like inevitability 

1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

Companies (well, not MS) buy games. They all do it. You have to start somewhere to compete with Steam. 

Should they have just shit out a Windows 10 store rip off and be just as irrelevant ?? Let Steam continue to shit slap everyone and not even try to improve on things?

Epic store is setting itself up to be my main storefront on PC. 

They could have presented a better platform and value proposition that was in the scope of being forward consumer and developer.

They decided to do none of that.

To your last sentence, RIP you.  

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

They could have presented a better platform and value proposition that was in the scope of being forward consumer and developer.

Yes we all know ES should have been as feature ready as Steam, DAY ONE. 

RIP Me? RIP you waiting a year to play all these games on Steam a year later :D  

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I'm pretty sure when you are a game developer...........who develops games................as a BUSINESS...........to make money.

A store front that PAYS YOU MORE MONEY suitably meets the definition of being "better."

You seem to think we should care about whether we open up the Steam icon or the Epic Game Store icon and click the game to play it........you seem to think there's some huge difference in the experience that we need to be appreciating.

You're an idiot. You're trying to be a fanboy of a DIGITAL STORE????????????

Tell me, is the data "better quality" on steam than it is on Epic Game Store or something?:drake:

Edited by jehurey
1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

Yes we all know ES should have been as feature ready as Steam, DAY ONE. 

RIP Me? RIP you waiting a year to play all these games on Steam a year later :D  

I'm a PC gamer, I'm used to getting ports years later.

:lawl:

Edited by DynamiteCop!

Google won't be able to get exclusives for shit just because EPIC can, different situations entirely.

the client war is not like the console war at all. a console exclusive locks a piece of software to a $400 box. You need that fucking box

This client war shit is the absolute gayest thing i've seen in years. It's a fucking CLIENT for your PC, who gives a shit if epic has 'exclusives' or steam has 'exclusives' 

They're not fucking exclusives. :D You lazy ass hermits just don't want to download two apps. 

Epic is able to get 'exclusives' because it affects devs in NO WAY to put their game 'exclusively' on there.  Nobody is locked out of shit, just download the damned app. 

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

Google won't be able to get exclusives for shit just because EPIC can, different situations entirely.

the client war is not like the console war at all. a console exclusive locks a piece of software to a $400 box. You need that fucking box

This client war shit is the absolute gayest thing i've seen in years. It's a fucking CLIENT for your PC, who gives a shit if epic has 'exclusives' or steam has 'exclusives' 

They're not fucking exclusives. :D You lazy ass hermits just don't want to download two apps. 

Epic is able to get 'exclusives' because it affects devs in NO WAY to put their game 'exclusively' on there.  Nobody is locked out of shit, just download the damned app. 

I don't know anyone who cares about that shit but sounds like you do even tho it doesn't even affect you. 

Edited by kaz
4 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I'm a PC gamer, I'm used to getting ports years later.

:lawl:

You're not a PC gamer.. you're a bitch ass console scrub.  Trying to pretend you give a damn about PC gaming when your bitch ass was all too happy to shit on it and say it was dying while praising consoles... fuck off :hest: 

16 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

You're not a PC gamer.. you're a bitch ass console scrub.  Trying to pretend you give a damn about PC gaming when your bitch ass was all too happy to shit on it and say it was dying while praising consoles... fuck off :hest: 

I have league records for online competition that I took part in for the better part of a decade, pictures from lans I used to go from 15+ years ago, I was running liquid loops with air-conditioners and peltier's before you even knew PC's existed beyond Dell, I pre-date basically every person on Steam, my WON ID was lower than an area code. 

"not a PC gamer"

Who the fuck are you? You're some post Half-Life 2 wannabe. You're like the Resident Evil 4 inductee of PC gaming. :lawl:

Edited by DynamiteCop!
9 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I have league records for online competition that I took part in for the better part of a decade, pictures from lans I used to go from 15+ years ago, I was running liquid loops with air-conditioners and peltier's before you even knew PC's existed beyond Dell, I pre-date basically every person on Steam, my WON ID was lower than an area code. 

"not a PC gamer"

Who the fuck are you? You're some post Half-Life 2 wannabe. You're like the Resident Evil 4 inductee of PC gaming. :lawl:

Nobody cares that you played PC years ago... you're NOT a PC gamer now... you're a cucksole fuck.  You've constantly hated on PC on this forum... and now you pretend that you care what happens to it.  Acting all self righteous.. ROFL Go fuck yourself... run along and play xbox on your couch scrub :tom: 

Just now, Remij_ said:

Nobody cares that you played PC years ago... you're NOT a PC gamer now... you're a cucksole fuck.  You've constantly hated on PC on this forum... and now you pretend that you care what happens to it.  Acting all self righteous.. ROFL Go fuck yourself... run along and play xbox on your couch scrub :tom: 

Fraud