Digital Foundry - Assassin's Creed 3: Remastered - PS4/PS4 Pro vs PS3 Graphics Comparison + Frame-Rate Test!

Summary:
- PS4 and PRO this time.
- Next time: Xbox, Xbox X and Nintendo Switch
- Comparison between PS3 and PS4 remaster
- Base PS4 runs at native 1920x1080
- PRO runs at native 4k
- Both PS4 and PRO runs at 30 frames per second
- Some little dips, but not severe
- No 4k textures in this remaster
- If PRO FULL HD TV users want 1080p downsample they need to manually active the option in PS4 menu 'supersample'

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

On X?

On a friend's One S. I forgot it has One X enhancements. :ooh: But the controller sucks. :feelsbadman: I'll see if I can borrow the game from him and see how it is. I only have the PS3 version. :smug:

1 hour ago, lynux3 said:

On a friend's One S. I forgot it has One X enhancements. :ooh: But the controller sucks. :feelsbadman: I'll see if I can borrow the game from him and see how it is. I only have the PS3 version. :smug:

Just play the PC version you fucking scrub.. you'll get like 100+fps at 4K  :cosby2: 

I mean now that true big-ass open-world Assassin's Creed games exist with Origin and Odyssey, AssCreed 3 feels like playing Ocarina of Time after playing Breath of the Wild.

Its still open world, and it was pretty for its time, but its a condensed version of the same ideas.

That was the one game in my backlog that I couldn't just let go, I had to finish it even if I had to restart the game 4 years later. Finally finished it and the DLC back in Sept 2016. I couldn't move forward with playing the new AssCreed games unless I got past 3.

That Frontier map was really good, I don't know if current AC games have as much verticality as that map.

Judging from the video it certainly doesn't look quite as sharp as native 4K.

Another instance of DF being wrong.  They can't pixel count temporally anti-aliased images to save their life  :shrug: 

On 2019-03-31 at 5:59 PM, DynamiteCop! said:

According to VGTech it's 2720x1530 on PS4 Pro and 3200x1800 on Xbox One X. 

I don't know, that doesn't seem right. That's resolution the X is pulling on Origins and Odyssey.

Surprise surprise... DF released a new video and finds.... exactly those resolutions..  :reg: 

11 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Surprise surprise... DF released a new video and finds.... exactly those resolutions..  :reg: 

I wasn't saying his finding don't seem right, those resolutions in general don't seem right on what should be a dramatically less demanding game. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

I wasn't saying his finding don't seem right, those resolutions in general don't seem right on what should be a dramatically less demanding game. 

Eh, you kinda were..

But regardless.. I'm not trying to "win" anything here.  I'm simply bringing up that DF was wrong again.. and VG Tech was right. :shrug: 

Tale a look at the Switch version being played as recently as last week at PAX.  It looks solid, and it does have the same water-reflections as the console versions, so its the remastered version.

If this can run on Switch this well, that game is every bit as big as GTA5. Bethesda and Rockstar should get a move-on to make ports.

Edited by jehurey