Hellblade Switch Analysis

• Dynamic resolution 
  • Maximum resolution of 720p, bottom end 576p when docked, 400p in handheld. Docked tends to generally run lower than 720p.
  • Uses TAA to clean up jagged edges but further blurs the already extremely low resolution
  • 30 FPS which can drop into the low 20's with horrible frame pacing (think FromSoftware bad)
  • Low resolution textures
  • Reduced foliage
  • Reduced environmental assets
  • Reduced environmental geometry
  • Reduced reflections
  • Reduced shadows
  • Removed ambient occlusion
  • Possibly removed global illumination model present on every other platform (evidence of this)
  • Reduced LoD on distant objects and draw in
  • FMV's in place of real time cutscenes
  • Possible audio glitches causing cutting in and out

:tom:

Edited by Nya`

DynamiteCop with this spin.....Digital foundry said it's impressive on Switch... just like I said :bate:

"Even we had to do a double-take with this one! Just how did developer GLOC manage to make Hellblade on Switch look so close to the PS4 version of the game? John and Rich - with an assist from Tom - get to grips with the port and how it manages to deliver its sometimes remarkable visuals."

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

DynamiteCop with this spin.....Digital foundry said it's impressive on Switch... just like I said :bate:

"Even we had to do a double-take with this one! Just how did developer GLOC manage to make Hellblade on Switch look so close to the PS4 version of the game? John and Rich - with an assist from Tom - get to grips with the port and how it manages to deliver its sometimes remarkable visuals."

Lol give me a break, he even had to rationalize why he's so soft on the Switch when he's hard on other platforms. No exceptions, it's a dumpster fire. 

1 minute ago, Nya` said:

Lol give me a break, he even had to rationalize why he's so soft on the Switch when he's hard on other platforms. No exceptions, it's a dumpster fire. 

within the first minute they Say "its impressive for the Switch"... 

As always context escapes you :mj:

Dang, Digital Foundry is sounding pretty amazed here.

Last year, they thought that Doom and Wolfenstein New Colossus was the max, and now we have the Switch achieving even more impressive ports.

Hope they get their hands on the AssCreed 3 remastered port for Switch to do an analysis.

5 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

within the first minute they Say "its impressive for the Switch"... 

As always context escapes you :mj:

It's impressive for the Switch because it's such a PoS, that doesn't change the fact the game is absolute trash on the platform or the fact that the platform itself is computational trash. 

DumpsterFire2.jpg

Edited by Nya`
4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Dang, Digital Foundry is sounding pretty amazed here.

Last year, they thought that Doom and Wolfenstein New Colossus was the max, and now we have the Switch achieving even more impressive ports.

Hope they get their hands on the AssCreed 3 remastered port for Switch to do an analysis.

AssCreed 3 remake will be trash :scust:

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Nya` said:

It's impressive for the Switch because it's such a PoS, that doesn't change the fact the game is absolute trash on the platform. 

DumpsterFire2.jpg

Even in the video the explain the context of what I was saying.... and you still don't get the context :mj:

Even in the video the explain the context of what I was saying.... and you still don't get the context :mj:

Nobody cares about the context except people like you who are drawing the short stick, people care about reality and practical results. Your "context" conforms to neither.

Just now, Nya` said:

Nobody cares about the context except people like you who are drawing the short stick, people care about reality and practical results. Your "context" conforms to neither.

no body cares about context?.... that explains why you're so dense when it comes to a ton of shit....:mj:

Context makes a huge difference... with literally EVERYTHING in life :mjpls:

Turns out only the PS4 pro and Xbox1 X have no frame pacing or Frame rate issues etc. 

Switch, Base XB1 and PS4 all have slight Frame of pacing and slight frame rate issues in spots but all stay at 30fps most of the time. 

Impressive for Switch :cmpunk1:

Turns out only the PS4 pro and Xbox1 X have no frame pacing or Frame rate issues etc. 

Switch, Base XB1 and PS4 all have slight Frame of pacing and slight frame rate issues in spots but all stay at 30fps most of the time. 

Impressive for Switch :cmpunk1:

Ugh no, the PlayStation 4 has an uncapped framerate, the Xbox One version is a locked 30 FPS with no frame pacing problems. Nice try though.

8 minutes ago, Nya` said:

Ugh no, the PlayStation 4 has an uncapped framerate, the Xbox One version is a locked 30 FPS with no frame pacing problems. Nice try though.

Did you watch the ENTIRE DF video?  The last few minutes talks about the frame pacing and framerate issues on base systems:mjpls:

I mean.. if you post a video at least watch it in full before you comment on it:cmpunk1:

5 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Did you watch the ENTIRE DF video?  The last few minutes talks about the frame pacing and framerate issues on base systems:mjpls:

I mean.. if you post a video at least watch it in full before you comment on it:cmpunk1:

but that would mean he's looking for context.

and what type of person would want that?:lemming:

I don't need to watch or listen to what I already know and was already known. They analyzed these games previous and Richard got confused mistaking the PS4 version which has an uncapped framerate with the Xbox version which was released later and locked to 30. 

An upcapped framerate doesn't equal bad frame pacing, and the Xbox One version is as straight line in terms of pacing as it gets...

Nice try though, you know trying to tear everything down around you to make yourself feel better about this mess... :hest:

10 minutes ago, Nya` said:

I don't need to watch or listen to what I already know and was already known. They analyzed these games previous and Richard got confused mistaking the PS4 version which has an uncapped framerate with the Xbox version which was released later and locked to 30. 

Ahhh so you Did not watch the entire video... yet somehow you typed up a summary of the findings? :ufdup:

Not only that... when I pointed out what they said about the base versions... you said that they didn't say that WITHOUT ACTUALLY WATCHING THE VIDEO? 

If you actually watched the entire video you would have heard where they said they went back and checked the other versions and that's when they realized that only the Pro and X don't have frame pacing issues. 

Bro..you are so disingenuous with everything that you do... now you're saying you don't have to watch and listen to the video you posted as proof of what they said? :sabu:

Edited by Goukosan
3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Ahhh so you Did not watch the entire video... yet somehow you typed up a summary of the findings? :ufdup:

Not only that... when I pointed out what they said about the base versions... you said that they didn't say that WITHOUT ACTUALLY WATCHING THE VIDEO? 

If you actually watched the entire video you would have heard where they said they went back and checked the other versions and that's when they realized that only the Pro and X don't have frame pacing issues. 

Bro..you are so disingenuous with everything that you do... now you're saying you don't have to watch and listen to the video you posted as proof of what they said? :sabu:

Dude, I already watched it but I wouldn't have needed to to know that's not correct which is why I was able to cite this to you so easily and accurately. It's preexisting information and knowledge I already possessed. 

Neither the Xbox One nor the PS4 have bad frame pacing, Switch is the only version where this is fucked.

34 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

This is wrong.

Edited by Nya`