Looks like the next Xbox is gonna beat up ps5

12 minutes ago, Voidler said:

Remember when lemmings were convinced Xbox One would be Moreno powerful than PS4? And Sony came and smacked them around :mj:

Yeah, Sony is 1:4 so I'd say the odds are in Microsoft's favor. 

Edited by Nya`
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dude this sounds like the biggest load of fan fiction bullshit. Nobody with a working brain believes any of this. The best is that its more expensive, and has higher clocks and more ram. Thats it. Lem

24 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I still maintain that no matter if MS develops something more powerful or not, it's not going to be able to do anything the PS5 wont be able to do from a computational standpoint.  The CPU will almost certainly be comparable between them, and MS' machine will not be so far advanced that it would make developers consider focusing special treatment to it.

The absolute best play for MS is to yes, be more powerful, but they need to have better features and "special sauce" type shit to differentiate the console.

Sony's little announcement of PS5's super fast storage is the type of thing I'm talking about.  Minimal load times (and who knows what other kinds of features that bandwidth technology might provide) is a great selling feature for a console... especially if one has it and the other one doesn't.  It seems they will be able to load PS4 BC games completely into memory and have load times which are almost non existent.  Maybe that bandwidth will improve features which they plan to add to the Dash and allow things never possible before on console. 

That's what I find most exciting about the PS5 info so far.  The SSD, which is presumably connected via PCIe4.0 or possibly even 5.0, combined with an extremely powerful CPU, will allow for truly seamless gameplay and next gen worlds/environments never before possible.  I know I sound like a broken record, but this new CPU baseline, plus Navi's assured 'mesh shader' equivalent is going to allow for stupidly rich worlds with way more objects populating them.

MS is assuredly going with an SSD as well, and thus the baseline will be established.  The best thing, is that games will actually be properly coded for 8 cores (16 threads) which means that were really going to start seeing our CPUs being pushed properly.  4 core CPUs are going to have a hard time with future high end games.. so people WILL be forced to upgrade. 

Ryzen 3000 is coming in the summer.. as well as PCIe4.0 motherboards.  It's actually fucking exciting.. because the baseline is about to get another bump up.  I can't wait to see what MS has cooking at E3.  7 more weeks :glad: 

Are these new cpus gonna make me need a new cpu for my PC?

3 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Are these new cpus gonna make me need a new cpu for my PC?

It's hard to say yet.  You have a 6 core (12 thread) CPU.  They should fare fairly well so I don't think you'll really have to worry for a while yet.

Either this year or next year I'm definitely going to have to upgrade my 6700K.  The Ryzen 3000 with a new PCIe4.0 motherboard later this summer is going to be awfully tempting.

9 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It's hard to say yet.  You have a 6 core (12 thread) CPU.  They should fare fairly well so I don't think you'll really have to worry for a while yet.

Either this year or next year I'm definitely going to have to upgrade my 6700K.  The Ryzen 3000 with a new PCIe4.0 motherboard later this summer is going to be awfully tempting.

I'm gonna try to get a decade out of this 2600k, I honestly don't think I've seen a more impressive CPU than this in my entire life. 

7 minutes ago, Nya` said:

I'm gonna try to get a decade out of this 2600k, I honestly don't think I've seen a more impressive CPU than this in my entire life. 

Yea the 2600K was the CPU equivalent of the ATI 9700pro.  Godly processor.  You really can't ask for much more from a single PC based purchase.  Since then, gain's have been incredibly small in comparison year over year.

1 hour ago, Voidler said:

Remember when lemmings were convinced Xbox One would be Moreno powerful than PS4? And Sony came and smacked them around :mj:

Like it was yesterday. :mj: After the Xbox 360 being weaker than the PS3, lemmings were certain the Xbox One would be back on top... and then their Heops & Dreams™ came crashing down in the form of a ~500GFLOPs power difference. :kaz: 

Sony: 2

Microsoft: 1

:juggle: 

Edited by lynux3
1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

Like it was yesterday. :mj: After the Xbox 360 being weaker than the PS3, lemmings were certain the Xbox One would be back on top... and then their Heops & Dreams™ came crashing down in the form of a ~500GFLOPs power difference. :kaz: 

Sony: 2

Microsoft: 1

:juggle: 

Consoles Name GPU Name Fab Clock GFlops

XBOX 360 ATI R500 Xenos 90/65/45nm 500 MHz 240
PlayStation 3 RSX (NVIDIA G70) 90/65/45nm 550 MHz 228.8

1 minute ago, Nya` said:
Consoles Name GPU Name Fab Clock GFlops

XBOX 360 ATI R500 Xenos 90/65/45nm 500 MHz 240
PlayStation 3 RSX (NVIDIA G70) 90/65/45nm 550 MHz 228.8

PS3 > 360

With Cell doing graphics work exclusive games looked better than anything 360 could produce.

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

PS3 > 360

With Cell doing graphics work exclusive games looked better than anything 360 could produce.

Halo 4 says otherwise, also don't confuse better artists with better hardware. With your logic the Pro is more powerful than the Xbox One X based upon exclusives. It's not the hardware power, it's how you leverage it.

The 360 had a better and more capable GPU and it showed. 

Edited by Nya`
4 minutes ago, Nya` said:

Two dumb posts in a row, care for the hat trick?

There's nothing dumb about Halo 4 looking like shit.

There's only one console that Microsoft has released that was more powerful than a PlayStation, and that was the abysmal original Xbox.

Continue damage control?

1280x-1

Looks real good, "For Xbox". :mj: 

3 hours ago, Nya` said:

Depends on the GPU architecture, if it's Arcturus the rest of the system may be pretty similar but the GPU side of things probably wouldn't be. Sony could already be finalized, hell they probably are. Microsoft may be doing a later build and squeezing in before the end of the year. 

You're a dumbass. :D You actually believe this non-sense?

23 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

There's nothing dumb about Halo 4 looking like shit.

There's only one console that Microsoft has released that was more powerful than a PlayStation, and that was the abysmal original Xbox.

Continue damage control?

1280x-1

Looks real good, "For Xbox". :mj: 

Wrong, the original was more powerful, the 360 was more powerful, and the Xbox One X is more powerful. Sony is 1:4 against Xbox. Don't confuse the PlayStation 3's CPU with its GPU, the RSX was inferior to Xenos ever so slightly, one of its biggest advantages was a unified shader which RSX didn't even have, and was the way forward for PC hardware henceforth. 

"That mere 10% clock
speed that RSX has on Xenos is easily countered by the unified shader
architecture that we've implemented.

"Rather than separate pixel and vertex pipelines, we've created a single
unified pipeline that can do both. Providing developers throw instructions
at our architecture in the right way, Xenos can run at 100% efficiency all
the time, rather than having some pipeline instructions waiting for others.
For comparison, most high-end PC chips run at 50-60% typical efficiency. The
super cool point is that 'in the right way' just means 'give us plenty of
work to do'. The hardware manages itself."

In terms of Halo 4 It looks great in general, it still holds up even now in a lot of ways.

halo_4_screen.jpg

e32012_halo4_campaign7.jpg

halo.jpg

Edited by Nya`