6 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

GCN strikes again. :scared:

Glad this will be the last of GCN. :puke:

You know, Richard leadbetter from Digital Foundry said a while back that there were going to be lots of rumors coming out regarding the consoles and that you shouldn't believe them or put too much faith in them.  I absolutely believe that Richard has a VERY good idea what MS will be using and more specifically what Navi actually is capable of.  I'm also pretty sure he knew that these extremely high spec guesses would flood the market.. which is why he wants to lower peoples expectations.

In the recent videos discussing the PS5 announcements that Sony made with Wired and the Gonzalo chip speculation, if you watch that video, I believe he's dropping hard hints.  He tells us to always expect something slower than what we think it could be.. he stresses that 1.8GHz would be pushing the highest of clock speeds he would possibly expect, so he's "suspicious" about that, and to treat the information with CAUTION.

When he talks about the different configurations the GPU could take, he basically outwardly points out that 60CUs to reach 13.8TF is what you find in top end $700 PC cards... again, imo telling people to temper expectations.  He then says, be prepared for disappointment.

There's tons of stuff which, to me, screams "expect to be disappointed IF you are expecting huge numbers"...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't think they are special.  The same can be said for any architecture.  Vulkan has had way more optimizations for AMDs hardware.  If you look DX11 on the 2080ti it performs much better than Vulka

I'm sure Navi will be fine. People were upset about Bonaire when PS4 was launching and look how that all turned out.   Non-sense for sure. He definitely acts like Microsoft is the best in

Lynn wants his OS to function how Sony wants it to, not whats better for him. It will always be the best because its best for Sony.   CUCK

1 hour ago, lynux3 said:

Alright, so it's not 1:1, but it's still a hopped up Polaris GPU which is either based on the RX 480 or the 580. :shrug:  Doesn't even really matter. The most significant change to Xbox One X is that they looked at Sony's base PS4 solution and said, "fuck, we got out engineered like a mother fucker." So bad they completely dropped Kinect, eSRAM and DDR3... a stupid move to begin with.

Either way, desktop Navi isn't looking too hot based on these rumors. Comparing the Pro to the next PlayStation 5 is just grasping for straws. PS4 Pro served as a step towards 4K support/output... not to try to sweep base PS4 under the rug like Microsoft wishes they could do with the original Xbox One and S.

The point is Sony largely went off the shelf with their most recent feat of engineering whereas Microsoft did not, and in Microsoft's case the same engineers responsible for the wizardry which is the X are also designing Microsoft's next system(s).

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

Sony got it right with base PS4 out the gate. 

Base XB1 was a huge misstep by MS.... are you denying this? :mjpls:

Sure it was, but who came out with a mid-gen upgrade first? Oh that would be Sony... Unless of course you fall in line with my reasoning that the X actually spawned the existence of the Pro.

I think because VEGA 56, VEGA 64 are special, they are more powerful than we think. Did you see how when software are programmed with Vulkan API support the VEGA 64 outclasses the RTX 2080 Ti and the VEGA 56 is right behind it?  

Edited by The Mother Fucker
6 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

I think because VEGA 56, VEGA 64 are special, they are more powerful then we think. Did you see how when software are programmed with Vulkan API support the VEGA 64 outclasses the RTX 2080 Ti and the VEGA 56 is right behind it?  

I don't think they are special.  The same can be said for any architecture.  Vulkan has had way more optimizations for AMDs hardware.  If you look DX11 on the 2080ti it performs much better than Vulkan does on the 2080ti... suggesting that the Vulkan implementation has not been optimized for Nvidia GPUs for this game.  I mean, Vulkan's average fps is the same as DX11's min fps.

That's not to say that AMD's architecture doesn't have some legit advantages depending on how games are programmed, but this shows you how much overhead there is with these GPUs... and it's not an AMD specific thing.  They are all far more capable than what's being displayed in many games/engines... Some games favor Nvidia heavily... some favor AMD heavily.

DX12(DXR) and Vulkan will soon completely replace DX11.. and once they push all their effort into supporting and improving mainly those 2 APIs in their drivers and developers leave behind DX11.. then we're going to see even better performance out of the GPUs we already have.  DX12 has been getting a lot better lately, and in recent games performs better than DX11 I've noticed.

Now that there's the push for ray tracing adoption, Nvidia bringing DXR support to their 10 series cards, as well as MS bringing support to the next Xbox.. DXR is going to get a lot of attention.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

I think because VEGA 56, VEGA 64 are special, they are more powerful than we think. Did you see how when software are programmed with Vulkan API support the VEGA 64 outclasses the RTX 2080 Ti and the VEGA 56 is right behind it?  

Vulkan is a beast, especially on AMD's instruction set. The fact is that everything mostly caters towards NVIDIA so AMD's offerings are artificially fucked up. I think this is why Remij said that AMD is looking to move toward what NVIDIA has been doing with their architecture for their next gen offering.

Edit: Additionally, it doesn't help that AMD's driver team isn't even close to NVIDIA's team.

Edited by lynux3
31 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Pity. Guess Ryzen and SSDs are the real next gen jump

I'm sure Navi will be fine. People were upset about Bonaire when PS4 was launching and look how that all turned out.

30 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Dynamite is posting a load of non sense, the X cost 100 more, came out a year later, and the Pro was a much lower priority system than the X to MS since they already had the power advantage.

Non-sense for sure. He definitely acts like Microsoft is the best in the business when it comes to hardware design... Xbox? Literally off the shelf shit and oversized. Xbox 360? Red Ring of Death. Xbox One? DDR3, eSRAM and oversized garbage. Xbox One X, inspired by PS4's overall design, is their only decent piece of hardware, but still stuck with Xbox One's terrible OS. Xbox One easily has the worst OS of any console ever made.

• Upvote 1

ssd's is a good start for both. i used my ssd in my ps4 for a bit and was amazed at the response time.

you should also be allowed to upgrade it on your own like ps4 does.

8 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

No. It's not. It's complete and utter trash.

No it's not.  It's the easiest and fastest to use .

Guide button destroys ps4 

6 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

No it's not.  It's the easiest and fastest to use .

Guide button destroys ps4 

Yes it is. It's a cluster fuck, laggy and unintuitive piece of shit.

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

Yes it is. It's a cluster fuck, laggy and unintuitive piece of shit.

No it's not.  Guide button basically shrinks the whole os into a fast blades based os . It's extremely snappy and easy to use .

The only laggy part is the store . That's laggy on ps4 too . And ps4 bombs you with full screen ads 

31 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

No. It's not. It's complete and utter trash.

It's far more intuitive and has a much larger range of configuration now which makes accessing any point of the OS or application nearly instantaneous with just a few button presses. PS4's UI appears better on the surface because it's 'clean' and less complex but in reality it's poorly laid out and takes longer to get to or do anything.

Simplicity doesn't equal superiority and complexity doesn't equal convolution.

5 hours ago, Handsome Horse said:

the 360 blades was perfection. too bad ms had to slide down hill faster than a car with gamedrunk's ex in tow

the blades just got dated fast, but the NXE was still by far their best implementation, and even though they watered it down a few years with another new OS update, the 360 OS is still my favorite by a mile over the PoS Xbox One interface.    They fucked up that console from the start.  When they should have just made it very much like the 360 just more power under the hood.  There was no need to start changing things around.