So who's going to buy games for a streaming platform?

It's a bad idea . Hopefully ms and Sony do it better.

I wouldn't pay full price for a streamed game either.  It's always going to be inferior 

11 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

It's nice to have an option to buy. But Stadia will get a Gamepass like system when more games come out.

Their only subscription option only includes some games and no one knows what they are except Destiny 2. So you still have to buy games with or without the subscription. Should have a price tier that includes all the games imo. 

1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

I wouldn't pay full price for a streamed game either.  It's always going to be inferior 

Now Microsoft could have an ace up their sleeve, and if they can afford it it would absolutely kill any competition out of the gate.

You can stream a digital game you have purchased, like a normal digital purchase but it grants you streaming rights for that title. They would obliterate the market. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!

That's what I'm hoping for . Buy a game on the next xbox , also have the ability to stream it on your PC,  or phone,  whatever. 

That would eliminate the need to upgrade my PC,  if the tech is good enough .

• Upvote 1
Just now, JONBpc said:

That's what I'm hoping for . Buy a game on the next xbox , also have the ability to stream it on your PC,  or phone,  whatever. 

That would eliminate the need to upgrade my PC,  if the tech is good enough .

Even if it was like $20 more it would be a great deal, so $79.99, you'd have a copy you own outright and can play with no need to eat up bandwidth and also have the ability to stream it anywhere and everywhere. 

3 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

They are already doing it better. You get access to the entire catalog with a subscription, you can choose to play it on PC or on console, streaming or download it's up to you. Just have to improve the content.

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Even if it was like $20 more it would be a great deal, so $79.99, you'd have a copy you own outright and can play with no need to eat up bandwidth and also have the ability to stream it anywhere and everywhere. 

Yeah that would be a good option as well, adding value to the copy you purchase. 

Buying games on stadia is definitely a bad idea, and I don’t think that method is going to be very popular. At least with platforms like steam you can still play a lot of games offline, but if google’s systems go down then your library of games is basically worth nothing. That’s not even including the fact that they can probably permanently remove games in an instant.

Edited by Twinblade