Matt Booty says he thinks Scarlett will be the most powerful console on the market

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

What people? How could you even surmise this without a forum? Anecdotes from a few friends lol? 

Eh, looking at MGS2, 3, God of War 2 at the time.  There were some technically amazing looking games on PS2.  It's not hard to believe that people would think PS2 was more powerful than GCN, especially in the beginning.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GameCube was a purple lunchbox while PS2 was used by Saddam to launch missiles. What did the average casual think was more powerful?

Some sheep thought switch was as powerful as xb1 lol lol 

Those flying games of the era always looked good because they were just models on basic ass textured backgrounds that looked good from afar. It was the same deal on the Ace Combat games   GC

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Eh, looking at MGS2, 3, God of War 2 at the time.  There were some technically amazing looking games on PS2.  It's not hard to believe that people would think PS2 was more powerful than GCN, especially in the beginning.

I call bullshit, I knew the PlayStation 2 had aliasing problems the Dreamcast didn't even like 9 months before it came out. There was no confusion flying around, I mean the GC launched with Rogue Leader for crying out loud which was one of the most technically impressive games of the generation.  

People knew where it stood in the pecking order. 

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

A GC launch game (Rouge Leader) ended that from the Jump.   Only delusional people argued that. 

Edited by Goukosan
4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I call bullshit, I knew the PlayStation 2 had aliasing problems the Dreamcast didn't even like 9 months before it came out. There was no confusion flying around, I mean the GC launched with Rogue Leader for crying out loud which was one of the most technically impressive games of the generation.  

People knew where it stood in the pecking order. 

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

A GC launch game (Rouge Leader) ended that from the Jump.   Only delusional people argued that. 

Yea, but none of that means shit when your games generally look like shit. :| 

MGS2 and 3 look better than most everything on GCN.. who the fuck you idiots think you're kidding? :| 

9 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Yea, but none of that means shit when your games generally look like shit. :| 

MGS2 and 3 look better than most everything on GCN.. who the fuck you idiots think you're kidding? :| 

a GC launch game looks better than both those two games for crying out loud :rofls:

Just off the top of my head. 

RE-make

RE4

Metroid Prime 

MGS Twin Snakes

Rouge Leader

Star Fox Adventures

Soul Caliber II

all looked better 

Edited by Goukosan
4 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

a GC launch game looks better both those two games for crying out loud :rofls:

Just off the top of my head. 

RE-make

RE4

Metroid Prime 

MGS Twin Snakes

Rouge Leader

Star Fox Adventures

all looked better 

:mj: 

No.  Absolutely none of those games outside of RE4 look better than MGS3... or Silent Hill 3, or Gran Turismo 4 or Shadow of the Colossus or Tekken 5...

Certainly nothing that demonstrates that GCN was significantly more powerful...  PS2 was getting the impressive looking games.. while GCN got shit 3rd party support and Nintendo games... come the fuck on :tom: 

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

:mj: 

No.  Absolutely none of those games outside of RE4 look better than MGS3... or Silent Hill 3, or Gran Turismo 4 or Shadow of the Colossus or Tekken 5...

Certainly nothing that demonstrates that GCN was significantly more powerful...  PS2 was getting the impressive looking games.. while GCN got shit 3rd party support and Nintendo games... come the fuck on :tom: 

Metroid Prime at launch was leagues better looking than anything on PS2 and it ran at a locked 60fps on top of that too.

All you are doing is proving Aza's point that some people actually believed the PS2 was stronger..... even though a freaking launch game on GCN ended up looking better than the PS2's entire library :rofls:

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

GameCube was a purple lunchbox while PS2 was used by Saddam to launch missiles. What did the average casual think was more powerful?

some casuals actually believed PS2 was more powerful than Xbox too :rofls:

4 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Metroid Prime at launch was leagues better looking than anything on PS2 and it ran at a locked 60fps on top of that too.

All you are doing is proving Aza's point that some people actually believed the PS2 was stronger..... even though a freaking launch game on GCN ended up looking better than the PS2's entire library :rofls:

No.  MGS2 was infinitely more impressive than Rogue LOLer... what the fuck.. rofl.

It's not Aza's point... It's my point as well... because it had much better games visually. 

Just now, Remij_ said:

No.  MGS2 was infinitely more impressive than Rogue LOLer... what the fuck.. rofl.

It's not Aza's point... It's my point as well... because it had much better games visually. 

:rofls:

Bro... Rouge Squadron did things at launch that was leagues ahead of PS2... you can't be serious right now. 

Watch DFs retro video on it.... they talk about Rouge from 18.37

Some key points form the video. 

"Now this is a technical tour de force" 

1) At the time on a CRT television the visuals were SHOCKINGLY FILM LIKE,............ high quality textures and assets on all vehicles.

2) Incredibly high Triangle count for it's time (highest of the gen until RE4)* 

3) Full Self shadowing on ALL objects.  

4) Ambient lighting on lasers. 

5) High Quality bump mapping (Something the PS2 lacked) 

6) 8 texture layers in 16 stages in one pass (something PS2 couldn't dream of doing)

7) Programmable Shader effects - Volumetric fog. 

8) All at 60fps. 

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

Bro... Rouge Squadron did things at launch that was leagues ahead of PS2... you can't be serious right now. 

Watch DFs retro video on it.... they talk about Rouge from 18.37

Some key points form the video. 

"Now this is a technical tour de force" 

1) At the time on a CRT television the visuals were SHOCKINGLY FILM LIKE,............ high quality textures and assets on all vehicles.

2) Incredibly high Triangle count for it's time (highest of the gen until RE4)* 

3) Full Self shadowing on ALL objects.  

4) Ambient lighting on lasers. 

5) High Quality bump mapping (Something the PS2 lacked) 

6) 8 texture layers in 16 stages in one pass (something PS2 couldn't dream of doing)

7) Programmable Shader effects - Volumetric fog. 

8) All at 60fps. 

I don't have to watch shit breh. :tom: 

6 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Last week they were like "Don't believe rumors guys"  :awww:

This week. 

OMG this Xbox positive rumor is true!!!! :adhd:

For real. It's pathetic. :rofls: