NPD hardware results - May 2019. Xbox lowest in 5 years.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can talk about end of console cycle and all that but with the services and offers MS has been doing they certainly would have hoped to see some uptick in performance. This is absolutely nothing li

Exactly.... Nex gen is 16 months away and Xbox1 is already doing 86k.... it's going to get even worse....waaaaaay worse between now and Holiday 2020.   It's ironic that the fate DynamiteCop

YoY dawg!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

MS had high hopes for X. Thing flopped hard. I actually expected better.

X didn't make a difference in the long run.  MS literally got a boost for one Holiday season and that was it. 

3 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

It's goal was to revive sales from the One disaster, and close the gap between PS4 at least to some extent. It's running at a 150 discount. It clearly failed to achieve its strategic sales effect.

This is one of the most outright falsest lies I've ever seen you spread around here. 

2 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Okay what was the expected strategic sales goal of the X.

To provide an Xbox One console for the 4K market, it was stated from day one that the S was going continue to sell more and this was for the premium customer. 

6 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

To provide an Xbox One console for the 4K market, it was stated from day one that the S was going continue to sell more and this was for the premium customer. 

You expected X to dominate the market. 

When we told you Base XB1 will sell more you argued with us for months :monkas:

4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

So what if it is a 4K solution. Sony stated these console revisions are made for console sales first and foremost so people don't abandon consoles as PCs evolve. Their goal is first and foremost sales increase, or at least softing of the natural console sales cycle. It's exactly the same for MS, except they wanted to also close the gap with their more powerful approach. Sales are the goal. Period. Not some check box feature set.

Just now, Goukosan said:

You expected X to dominate the market. 

When we told you Base XB1 will sell more you argued with us for months :monkas:

No I didn't, I said based upon what was coming out that the X looked to be selling better than it for a time. 

What I think has no bearing on its explicit intention. 

27 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

So what if it is a 4K solution. Sony stated these console revisions are made for console sales first and foremost so people don't abandon consoles as PCs evolve. Their goal is first and foremost sales increase, or at least softing of the natural console sales cycle. It's exactly the same for MS, except they wanted to also close the gap with their more powerful approach. Sales are the goal. Period. Not some check box feature set.

How does it feel to be raped by your god? They created this shit for 4K TV's as well, it's the same trajectory Microsoft had mapped out. They both knew they were coming and they had to support them. It wasn't to curb some mid-generational slump, it wasn't to close a gap or further feed sales, or to combat the rise of the evil PC, it was to bring these experiences to a new display technology. 

It's all the same shit, their conceptual thinking was exactly the same. 

"So Mark, when did you actually decide to move forward with designing the PS4 Pro?

"We actually started thinking about the new console pretty much as soon as PlayStation 4 shipped. It was clear that during this generation that 4K TV penetration would become pretty significant at some point, and we wanted to see if we could get something out there in the market to support it."

"Once we realized that the increased processing power that was necessary for 4K could be used to make the graphics better on HDTV's as well; PS4 Pro simply became a must do."

Edited by DynamiteCop!

According to House, the $400 machine began life long before the name Scorpio had even been whispered. "I would suggest that 'reactive' isn’t our approach this time around,” he explained.

In fact, he says that Scorpio, or even the Xbox One S -- which, unlike the now standard slim PS4, also offers 4K video capabilities -- isn't even the PS4's biggest competitor. That honor belongs to the PC.

"I saw some data that really influenced me," he continues. "It suggested that there's a dip mid-console lifecycle where the players who want the very best graphical experience will start to migrate to PC, because that's obviously where it’s to be had."

"We wanted to keep those people within our eco-system by giving them the very best and very highest [performance quality]."

That's where the PS4 Pro steps in, and it's why Sony has opted to prioritize graphical improvements and performance over other features such as a 4K UHD disc drive.

4 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

According to House, the $400 machine began life long before the name Scorpio had even been whispered. "I would suggest that 'reactive' isn’t our approach this time around,” he explained.

In fact, he says that Scorpio, or even the Xbox One S -- which, unlike the now standard slim PS4, also offers 4K video capabilities -- isn't even the PS4's biggest competitor. That honor belongs to the PC.

"I saw some data that really influenced me," he continues. "It suggested that there's a dip mid-console lifecycle where the players who want the very best graphical experience will start to migrate to PC, because that's obviously where it’s to be had."

"We wanted to keep those people within our eco-system by giving them the very best and very highest [performance quality]."

That's where the PS4 Pro steps in, and it's why Sony has opted to prioritize graphical improvements and performance over other features such as a 4K UHD disc drive.

That's the CEO speaking, the above is the actual system architect speaking as to how it came to be, the one who would have been responsible for conceptualizing it, designing it and bringing it into existence. 

P.S. Cerny laid this out 2 days before that spiel by House. :deader:

Edited by DynamiteCop!
Just now, Team 2019 said:

Cerny is just a tech guy. He designs the hardware but doesn't determine the business strategy itself or goals. Obviously he is hyped for the hardware rather than its sales goals.

Silence, Andrew is running PR, Cerny is as you said a tech guy. He's saying exactly why it was built and his assertion pre-dates House's. 

59 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

It's goal was to revive sales from the One disaster, and close the gap between PS4 at least to some extent. It's running at a 150 discount. It clearly failed to achieve its strategic sales effect.

That wasn't an answer . And it was meant to close the gap ? Link for that as well please .

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Silence, Andrew is running PR, Cerny is as you said a tech guy. He's saying exactly why it was built and his assertion pre-dates House's. 

No one builds new hardware without a sales or business goal period. If it selling shit in a box improved the business, they would.