Zoe Quinn accuses dev of assault , dev kills himself

52 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No it isn't.

Can you explain why you think you're entitled to anonymity on the internet?

If you make a racist tirade in the middle of a McDonalds.........what happens?

Alright, tell everyone what your full legal name is.

You've got nothing to hide so don't be a coward. Out with it.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This newer generation lives on it, and through it.   Where as I think those of us who were around in the early 2000's used the internet to fuck around, enjoyed the laughs, then logged-off an

Don't know the full story but people really need to start understanding the extent of the impact that this current internet mob has. I actually have no doubts this person was toxic and possibly abusiv

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Saucer said:

Alright, tell everyone what your full legal name is.

You've got nothing to hide so don't be a coward. Out with it.

Dude, I've almost had my full legal name shown here for 15 years:drake::drake::drake:

I love how you are just arguing out of spite at this point. LOL

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Your phonebook has all the phone numbers in the world? :drake: 

Your phone is connected to everyone all at once?

ROFL

You aren't connected to everybody in the world when visiting facebook because you would have to specifically seek out people to find them on facebook.

WHy do you think arguing with me about the SEMANTICS is helping you?

And those other people who are doing the bullying...........would also be known. And they'd have to face the consequences of having bullied somebody online.

At the end of the day.........if a majority of people agree on certain things, the internet is NOT supposed to be an artificially leveled playing field. Its just the public, online.

If I walk into an NRA meeting in the real world............and start talking about repealing the second amendment, I shouldn't complain if I get bullied there. RIGHT????????????

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

At the end of the day.........if a majority of people agree on certain things, the internet is NOT supposed to be an artificially leveled playing field. Its just the public, online.

No.. the internet IS supposed to level the playing field.

In real life I can't contact everyone in the world.  I can't REACH everyone in the world.  Online I can.  Literally everyone from everywhere who is connected.

Just now, Remij_ said:

No.. the internet IS supposed to level the playing field.

In real life I can't contact everyone in the world.  I can't REACH everyone in the world.  Online I can.  Literally everyone from everywhere who is connected.

No its not.

That's why twitter eliminates right-wing hate groups but not #metoo groups.

Its not.  They are a private company that is SWAYED by (they believe) is the majority of the public.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

You aren't connected to everybody in the world when visiting facebook because you would have to specifically seek out people to find them on facebook.

WHy do you think arguing with me about the SEMANTICS is helping you?

There's more to the internet than Facebook.  The internet isn't Facebook.  You have such a short sighted sense of how this would affect you.  You aren't even thinking this through at all.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

There's more to the internet than Facebook.  The internet isn't Facebook.  You have such a short sighted sense of how this would affect you.  You aren't even thinking this through at all.

It doesn't have to be 100% of all websites, just the major ones controlled by companies who would LOVE to absolve themselves of the legal liability.

Google, Facebook, Twitter, any corporate owned websites that is a publicly traded company who opinions are not affiliated with the users to come and comment within the website.

They'd sign up for that system in a heartbeat.

47 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I'll go even further..........if you want to maintain your anonymity, then go into the private market, which will have its own infrastructure costs.

And since there will be less customers (because alot of people will gladly exchange their anonymity for free service because they have nothing to be ashamed about)...........the costs for those fewer customer will make their internet bill skyrocket.

This is another Jerry gem.

Prodigy was around $15 a month back in the early 90s when it had a subscriber base of only ~500k.