• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

7 or under at gs and lower than 80 at Mc   

The 6th

While we enjoyed "theys" adventure into femtastic queerism whilst fighting off the power of toxic masculinity of the white kind , the game still felt like it was made by a microsoft dev team   

51 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

"You know, in some cases, the levels are 50-times bigger than any previous Gears level."

ugh 

:(

Sounding so much like the 'biggest UC level ever created in Lost Legacy' which I wasn't a giant fan off. I just want huge epic set pieces in a linear campaign. 

Looks like COD is all I have left. 

• Sad 1
Just now, madmaltese said:

ugh 

:(

Sounding so much like the 'biggest UC level ever created in Lost Legacy' which I wasn't a giant fan off. I just want huge epic set pieces in a linear campaign. 

Looks like COD is all I have left. 

Well it's sounding like a hub world of sorts with side missions and stuff. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Well it's sounding like a hub world of sorts with side missions and stuff. 

Open world Hub world for side content with main levels off in separate linear location would be perfect.

As long as the Hub world isn't Wolfenstein 2 esque hub world of having to go hear and there to just retrieve missions and hand them in and shit.  

24 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Open world Hub world for side content with main levels off in separate linear location would be perfect.

As long as the Hub world isn't Wolfenstein 2 esque hub world of having to go hear and there to just retrieve missions and hand them in and shit.  

That's what it's confirmed to be.  The levels themselves are linear just like in the past Gears games, but now in the hubs (there's multiple) they have side missions and smaller things to find and do.

There's also crafting materials and things to find.  Which I believe can be used to upgrade Jack (the robot).  Another awesome thing is that now he's not just a useless thing flying around.  You can use Jack to pick up ammo and weapons and bring them to you as well as do all sorts of attacks and shielding/cloaking.

The series needed some form of character progression.  I think they are on the right track with this.  As standard as it is in games today, it's still fun to get new abilities and upgrade your character.

7 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

That's what it's confirmed to be.  The levels themselves are linear just like in the past Gears games, but now in the hubs (there's multiple) they have side missions and smaller things to find and do.

There's also crafting materials and things to find.  Which I believe can be used to upgrade Jack (the robot).  Another awesome thing is that now he's not just a useless thing flying around.  You can use Jack to pick up ammo and weapons and bring them to you as well as do all sorts of attacks and shielding/cloaking.

The series needed some form of character progression.  I think they are on the right track with this.  As standard as it is in games today, it's still fun to get new abilities and upgrade your character.

That all sounds good. Not too sure how the RPG elements in a Gears game will go but I had the same concerns with them being introduced into GoW and that turned out better than ever. 

3 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

That all sounds good. Not too sure how the RPG elements in a Gears game will go but I had the same concerns with them being introduced into GoW and that turned out better than ever. 

Well if the series has stagnated as much as I've heard, then I think the critics will enjoy the new campaign mechanics - and if Gamespot gave GoW4 a 7/10; this has to do better, no?

3 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Well if the series has stagnated as much as I've heard, then I think the critics will enjoy the new campaign mechanics - and if Gamespot gave GoW4 a 7/10; this has to do better, no?

There is no way this can do worse than 4. GoW4 was incredibly average. I'm hoping for a lot more than better than 4 though. Still want to see Gears epic set pieces on a next gen level since 4 didn't do that at all.