Code Vein demo is up

I like the graphics and artsytle in this game. It seems hard tho . Not dark souls hard but probably harder than average game .

Its definitely taking some from the souls games .

30fps on X ? That sucks . Will probably buy on PC when it's cheap 

Visually its much more interesting to look at than DS, imo.

You still have the block and parry just like DS3, even the same buttons I believe. And you lose all of your souls or whatever they are called in this game and have to get them again just like in DS.

The combat is more action focused imo but you can tell they look at DS heavily when making it.

AS for difficulty I died pretty quickly, but not as quickly as DS. Coming from DMC5, where I didn't die the entire game this was a surprise. I don't recall seeing a difficulty option.

27 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Any Souls like that's decent is welcome in my book.

i agree, but there are way too many crappy ones, it's actually hard to find the good ones. 

25 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

You still have the block and parry just like DS3, even the same buttons I believe. And you lose all of your souls or whatever they are called in this game and have to get them again just like in DS.

The combat is more action focused imo but you can tell they look at DS heavily when making it.

AS for difficulty I died pretty quickly, but not as quickly as DS. Coming from DMC5, where I didn't die the entire game this was a surprise. I don't recall seeing a difficulty option.

playing dmc on easy is probably like holding down a button and you win so that means nothing :yeshrug:

29 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Lol no way. When I played the game at E3 last year it was as bland as it gets visually, the environments almost looked randomly generated.

Wasn't terrible imo, it's no Souls tier but fun and distinct enough for a budget price. Also a lot of fan service with boob and ass shots, Japan always delivers :laff:

Mixing up the different combat modes and collecting those special moves will be enjoyable imo.

I'll definitely get it once the price goes down.

You can play more once you finish the demo, talk to the black guy at the inn and you'll go somewhere underground with more enemies and bosses. 

You can get a better grasp of the combat fighting some enemy waves there. 

Finding a good balance of "gifts" (skills) you can purchase and equip (up to 8 with L2+ face buttons or d-pad) and your 2 weapons and blood veil (coat that boosts stats) is key

2 hours ago, JONBpc said:

No pc demo :wow2:

2 hours ago, bhytre said:

As it should be. PC gets the best version, they don't need a demo. :juggle:

2 hours ago, JONBpc said:

This game will be so much better with 60fps. 

:mj: begging the gods for a playable version 

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...