DF on BL3 xbox x vs ps4 pro

This seems pretty bad if not on xbox at 30fps 

Perfomace mode - none stay close to locked 60. Xbox runs much better . Both at 1080p. 

Resolution mode - both are 1800p xbox is a locked 30fps . Ps4 cannot hit 30fps . 20 to 30fps battles play out around 25fps . Pro has better foliage 

I'm waiting for the PC video , and a patch on PC before I even get this .

Pro is basically unplayable . Xbox is good on resolution mode .

20 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I always love when I'm playing the game these vids delve into and find absolutely nothing wrong then come here and see things like 'Pro basically unplayable' 

these videos are always over the top and most consumers don't even know they exist. It's some elitist circle jerk in the end with almost 0 impact on anything. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, madmaltese said:

I always love when I'm playing the game these vids delve into and find absolutely nothing wrong then come here and see things like 'Pro basically unplayable' 

That's the lie lemmings tell themselves to feel better about Xbox1. 

You see if its "Basically unplayable on Pro" to them... then they pretty much consider it an exclusive to X.... :rofls:

4 hours ago, JONBpc said:

Did you watch the video ?

I'm playing the damn game (and I don't watch any of these DF vids cause I don't care and it's not topic of interest for me. When games are truly unplayable or so bad it hinders the game then you hear about it). Why is a video going to retrospectively change anything for me. I have no doubt the tech insight in the video is legitimate but it's some ridiculous elitest level shit that 99.9% of ppl wont notice or won't care. 

Performance mode being unstable but hovering in low 40s for Pro is so far from unplayable or broken. 

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

No, it runs like ass on every platform and I wouldn't spend a dime on EGS.

What's wrong with the 30fps X1X version?  Seems alright to me.  And it's possible to make the game run well enough on PC.  Turn a couple settings down a notch and performance improves drastically with little visual difference. :shrug: 

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

X runs predominately at 50-60fps or high 40s. How is that runs like ass. Pro more in the 40s. 

Games locked at 30fps are perfectly fine. 

This idea that anything outside of locked 60fps is 'ass' is a joke

5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

What's wrong with the 30fps X1X version?  Seems alright to me.  And it's possible to make the game run well enough on PC.  Turn a couple settings down a notch and performance improves drastically with little visual difference. :shrug: 

It's passable but it's not ideal, especially since they just did a straight port and upres without tweaking the configuration to account for things like the AO and foliage. For PC I still wouldn't touch it because of EGS, even if it were possible to smooth the game out. 

2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

X runs predominately at 50-60fps or high 40s. How is that runs like ass. Pro more in the 40s. 

It's all relative to what you're getting, Gears 5 isn't a perfect 60 FPS but the tradeoff is so good that it can be overlooked.

Edited by DynamiteCop!
2 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Exactly........ surprise surprise, Slow Jonny and Autistic cop are retarded. 

Ohhh look, another thread where those two are disappointed with a game that runs 30fps locked :leo:

4 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Exactly........ surprise surprise, Slow Jonny and Autistic cop are retarded. 

Ohhh look, another thread where those two are disappointed with a game that runs 30fps locked :leo:

Are you blind or just stupid because I addressed what was said. 

4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Are you blind or just stupid because I addressed what was said. 

2 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Calling locked 30fps "running like ass" proves exactly what I said about you two weeks ago.... clown ass:trump:

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

Calling locked 30fps "running like ass" proves exactly what I said about you two weeks ago.... clown ass:trump:

It's relative to the build, I explained myself. 

"It's passable but it's not ideal, especially since they just did a straight port and upres without tweaking the configuration to account for things like the AO and foliage."

Hurr durr fgt :lemming:

4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It's relative to the build, I explained myself. 

"It's passable but it's not ideal, especially since they just did a straight port and upres without tweaking the configuration to account for things like the AO and foliage."

Hurr durr fgt :lemming:

That's called a slight back track into you contradicting yourself because you got called out for calling locked 30fps "running like ass". 

You went from saying "running like ass" to "passable but not ideal". 

So locked 30fps is now "passable but not ideal" huh? :mj:

Which comes back to the same thing I said about you and slow Jonny retarded asses..... "bbbbut 30fps is sooo disappointing" :lemming:

9 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

That's called a slight back track into you contradicting yourself because you got called out for calling locked 30fps "running like ass". 

Which comes back to the same thing I said about you and slow Jonny retarded asses..... "bbbbut 30fps is sooo disappointing" :lemming:

I understand you grilling him on this... but realistically.. there is such a thing as something running at 30fps being disappointing depending on the type of game/experience it is.  You can hear DF mention this a lot actually, how something is disappointing given the complexity, or nature of what is being shown.  I'm fully aware though that DF thinks Ass Chain runs well given what it's doing.  But if I was talking about VR, 30fps would indeed be running like ass... despite that, when I run a game like Gears 5 at 8K 30fps.. I think it's incredible and smooth.  It goes back since forever how even games like GoldenEye which seemed smooth at the time, really did/does run like ass.

Does Ass Chain run like ass?  Nah... but this is a forum where we exaggerate things all the time.  30fps for a Platinum Games action game IS disappointing however, because of other PG action games which set the precedent for them.  At the same time though.. it's not because there's really no other version that exists that's better.  So it simply is what it is.

So I think all angles can be true.  30fps can be considered running like ass..or disappointing, especially after coming from PC games at 120fps+.  It can also be passable but not ideal.  When companies usually make games a X fps and then have to lower the standard to accommodate a system.  

44 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

It's like you purposely don't read what I say just so you can argue with me.

"It's all relative to what you're getting, Gears 5 isn't a perfect 60 FPS but the tradeoff is so good that it can be overlooked."

30 FPS in a game that looks like that while subsequently being a lazy upres from the base system can't be overlooked. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!