AMD IR Day: Next gen consoles based on "Zen 2" and "next gen RDNA"

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't watch this.  

I don't know why he can't see this roadblock coming, it's as clear as day. RTX is not the future, it's an expensive interim experiment. 

You're way too invested and it's disgusting.  There's nothing worse than a GPU fangirl.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

The one where Nvidia's solution is better... and yet they also support the open standard as well.

You got me!

giphy.gif

The open standard you said wasn't possible to support and wasn't on par with G-Sync? :rofls: 

Just now, lynux3 said:

The open standard you said wasn't possible to support and wasn't on par with G-Sync? :rofls: 

Huh?  Say those words to yourself again.

The... OPEN... standard, that Nvidia couldn't support?  lmao I never said that.  I may have said they wouldn't bother supporting it... but I guess if some freesync displays can come close, they might as well allow them.

Which is a benefit to Nvidia consumers of course.  Dirty AMDicks aren't getting Gsync support :hehe: 

And Gsync is OBJECTIVELY superior :shrug: 

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Huh?  Say those words to yourself again.

The... OPEN... standard, that Nvidia couldn't support?  lmao I never said that.  I may have said they wouldn't bother supporting it... but I guess if some freesync displays can come close, they might as well allow them.

Which is a benefit to Nvidia consumers of course.  Dirty AMDicks aren't getting Gsync support :hehe: 

And Gsync is OBJECTIVELY superior :shrug: 

How many televisions are getting G-Sync?

Oh wait :mj:

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

And for what purpose? AMD supports Freesync, Nvidia does, both consoles will, all TV manufacturers will. Worse than this why is Nvidia supporting Freesync?

Because G-Sync is dying.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

And for what purpose? AMD supports Freesync, Nvidia does, both consoles will, all TV manufacturers will. Worse than this why is Nvidia supporting Freesync?

Because G-Sync is dying.

You don't seem to even understand what the fuck it is.

Freesync is AMD's implementation of a VRR display technology.  Gsync is Nvidia's.  TV manufacturers don't REALLY support Freesync... they support VRR technology via the HDMI spec.   The ones that do at this point have AWFUL freesync range.

Both AMD and Nvidia will support that spec... because it's built right into the standard.  People mistake Freesync as what VRR TV support... but it's actually what's built into the HDMI spec.  2.0b currently allows for shit tier "support"... HDMI 2.1 will offer much better VRR support..  AMD will call it freesync supported displays, and Nvidia will call it Gsync compatible displays. :shrug: 

So long story short... Freesync isn't becoming the standard.. just like Gsync isn't.  VRR via HDMI is... and Nvidia and AMD will both support that while building "better" sets which support their respective technologies.