Gamers Nexus - Nintendo Switch Lite tear-down and comparison

Just now, lynux3 said:

The PSP and Vita had similar analog designs; I guess they just have higher quality components.

They definitely do/did.  Not like the Switch controllers themselves are any better.  Both the joycons and the Pro controller are fucked.  But apparently Nintendo cut back hard to get that thing to $200... so yea.. it's not looking promising.

Regardless though.. same shit still holds true for all portables.  Analog sticks aren't that durable in the scheme of things.  Give me the ability to replace the controllers though and we're good.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

They definitely do/did.  Not like the Switch controllers themselves are any better.  Both the joycons and the Pro controller are fucked.  But apparently Nintendo cut back hard to get that thing to $200... so yea.. it's not looking promising.

Regardless though.. same shit still holds true for all portables.  Analog sticks aren't that durable in the scheme of things.  Give me the ability to replace the controllers though and we're good.

You can buy the analog parts by themselves for $10 or you can bend over and give Nintendo $80 for a new pair of trash-cons, but who wants to fuck with replacing that shit every 6 months to a year? Nintendo needs to get fucked for this.

Just now, lynux3 said:

You can buy the analog parts by themselves for $10 or you can bend over and give Nintendo $80 for a new pair of trash-cons, but who wants to fuck with replacing that shit every 6 months to a year? Nintendo needs to get fucked for this.

Yea no thanks.  I'll just not buy it.

It's literally the most redundant system ever.

1 hour ago, Bodycount N said:

Fake news.

I might cave and buy a turquiose one. enjoy it for a month and return it before the warranty runs out so i can get the pokemon one in november.

the waiting is killing me! I need this sleek world-class lite model ASAP. :love:

cje8he7s0ba31.jpg

:cruise: