World of Tanks adds Ray Traced shadows - Runs on all DX11 hardware (neat informative video inside)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^exactly   Devs will be smart about it.  It's not going to completely change the image at first... it's going to be the subtle things.  Shadows might look "similar" but what they will be is

Whatever. who could tell?  You posted a bunch of bullshit from 4 different setups...   Anyway... his hit from RT isn't as big as yours was.    You're ~35K RT off, and ~20K RT on.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

No, I'm on a 2600k, it's 8 threads. 

Ah. I thought you had the 2500k.

That proves I am more CPU limited still.  I should be getting higher with RT off.

I really should just bite the bullet and get a 3700x or 3900x. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

I knew you never owned one :kaz:

If what Remij said is true it's going to be super lopsided because dude has like an 8 core 16 thread CPU. 

Nah, I most definitely did own a 1080 Ti. I had the EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Black Edition because it was compatible with my water blocks.

What Remij said is indeed true; he is definitely CPU limited, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't play games at 1080p either. I'm not worried about the results being lopsided because @The Mother Fucker has a 3700X (I think?) and I have a 2700X. Curious to see how it does since the 5700 XT is basically in the same class as a 1080 Ti.

4 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Nah, I most definitely did own a 1080 Ti. I had the EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Black Edition because it was compatible with my water blocks.

What Remij said is indeed true; he is definitely CPU limited, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't play games at 1080p either. I'm not worried about the results being lopsided because @The Mother Fucker has a 3700X (I think?) and I have a 2700X. Curious to see how it does since the 5700 XT is basically in the same class as a 1080 Ti.

He's definitely GPU limited the entire time at 1440p with his CPU.  I'm still somewhat CPU limited at 1440p... not all the time.. but still most of the time.

The only way to really rule both of them out would be for me and him to both run the test at 4K with RT off (both GPU limited)... and then after with RT on to see how much his CPU is helping his RT score compared to mine. 

Edited by Remij_
33 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

He's definitely GPU limited the entire time at 1440p with his CPU.  I'm still somewhat CPU limited at 1440p... not all the time.. but still most of the time.

The only way to really rule both of them out would be for me and him to both run the test at 4K with RT off (both GPU limited)... and then after with RT on to see how much his CPU is helping his RT score compared to mine. 

Those benchmarks ya'll were doing in the other thread clearly corroborates this too.

I ran these on my 4 Desktop PCs. 

1.   Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz OC 4GHz,  16GB DDR4 3200, GTX 670 FTW SLI

GTX670SLI.png

2.   Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz,  32GB DDR4 3000 OC 3200 CL18, Aorus GTX 1660 Ti

GTX1660TI.png

3.  Ryzen Threadripper 2990wx (All 32 cores running OC 3.85GHz), 64GB DDR4 3000 OC 3133, VEGA 56 Crossfire

VEGA56XFIRE.jpg

4.  Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB DDR4 3000 OC 3800 CL20, RX 5700XT Anniversary Edition

RX5700XT.png

I watched the CPU temp on my 2nd Desktop not change from Green RGB to Blue or Red throughout the entire benchmark, so it was definitely GPU heavy.

I disabled half my cores on Threadripper and bumped the clocks to 4.2GHz per 16 cores and I got score of 24669, so slightly lower in Half mode, which in 3DMark benchmarks is usually the opposite. 

Edited by The Mother Fucker
29 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

I ran these on my 4 Desktop PCs. 

1.   Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz OC 4GHz,  16GB DDR4 3200, GTX 670 FTW SLI

2.   Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz,  32GB DDR4 3000 OC 3200 CL18, Aorus GTX 1660 Ti

3.  Ryzen Threadripper 2990wx (All 32 cores running OC 3.85GHz), 64GB DDR4 3000 OC 3133, VEGA 56 Crossfire

4.  Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB DDR4 3000 OC 3800 CL20, RX 5700XT Anniversary Edition

I watched the CPU temp on my 2nd Desktop not change from Green RGB to Blue or Red throughout the entire benchmark, so it was definitely GPU heavy.

I disabled half my cores on Threadripper and bumped the clocks to 4.2GHz per 16 cores and I got score of 24669, so slightly lower in Half mode, which in 3DMark benchmarks is usually the opposite. 

Why didn't you enable the RT?

42 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Ultra RT, was a tickle to my 2nd desktop.  :wow:

gtx1660tirt3.png

It's not going to change... because you're GPU bound.. :cosby2: 

Just fucking run the 3700x and 5700XTA with 1080p RT ultra....  then do 1440p.

Nobody gives a shit about anything else.

Edited by Remij_
22 hours ago, Remij_ said:

It matters because the Ray tracing in this is using the extra cores of the CPU.

Do you really think this after seeing my test results. 

I showed how the GTX 670 SLI ran pretty close to the GTX 1660 Ti  with RT off. 

with RT turned on the GTX 670 SLI got walloped.  Both systems have the same Ryzen 5 2600 CPU!

9 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Do you really think this after seeing my test results. 

I showed how the GTX 670 SLI ran pretty close to the GTX 1660 Ti  with RT off. 

with RT turned on the GTX 670 SLI got walloped.  Both systems have the same Ryzen 5 2600 CPU!

That's not what I think.. it's a fact that the game uses them.  What we're trying to figure out is how much or little it can make a difference...  It would help.... if you actually ran at the same settings as we did.

Ok I saw you posted it.  Thanks.

Edited by Remij_