Xbox FY20 Q2: Software & services revenue down 11%. Hardware revenue down 43%. Overall gaming revenue down 21%

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, jehurey said:

I don't need to because Benji actually used a word that helps prove me correct.

Total subscribers.

That means that Microsoft is counting ANY type of GamePass account.

Active or Cancelled. As long as it was active at ANY POINT......its part of the "Total Subscribers."

Thank you for helping me on that one.  Microsoft is indeed counting Cancelled subscriptions when it comes to that claim of "doubling GamePass subs."

Growth is growth retard.  Even if it means more people are trying it for 1 month at $1.... it's GROWING. :drake: 

1 minute ago, Hot Sauce said:

It's still in Beta, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

Why are you so hung up on Gamepass PC? The Gamepass figure is for the subscription service as a whole and Gears 5 is a bigger franchise than Outer Worlds. It doesn't matter if Outer Worlds is more popular on PC than Gears when Gears' popularity delta over Outer Worlds on Xbox is going to be multiple times the PC delta in favour of Outer Worlds.

Or a number of games as the service matures and has a greater variety of content.

I'm hung up on Gamepass PC because I think that's where most of the growth occurred.

PC gamers used GamePass during Q4 2019 for Outer Worlds.

It would make sense of Gears 5 was played on existing or lapse GamePass subscriptions from EXISTING Xbox One owners. Because, as noted in the OP, Xbox One hardware slowed down.

So, I'm making the pieces fit:

-Xbox One hardware slowed down

-GamePass promo prices have been around forever

-Yet something happened to cause a quick rise in GamePass subs during this past quarter.

I say outer Worlds on Windows GamePass caused that spike in temporary subs.

Or a number of games as the service matures and has a greater variety of content.

Can't really say that because what just happened has never happened before for GamePass. Unless this is repeatable, this can only be seen as the exception, and not the rule.

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Growth is growth retard.  Even if it means more people are trying it for 1 month at $1.... it's GROWING. :drake: 

Thanks for agreeing with my last post.......because you just ran away to another subject.

Enjoy your GROWTH......

........of recently cancelled subscriptions.

That's like saying you have a growing collection of liquor bottles......that are empty.

8 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Didnt cost a dollar for me and million others .

I play nintendo games for free.  At 4k60 lmao tshbr 

No, it did cost a dollar for alot of people.

Or else Microsoft would be reporting higher revenue in the Xbox software stat.

Continue on with your ongoing Nintendo butthurt.

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Good for you on doing what I just said!!!!:chester:

Growth is growth... QUARTER OVER QUARTER the service is growing.. according to Benji... It's retaining users, and NEW people are trying it... that's what that growth means... NEW PEOPLE are subbing.

You don't need to worry about anything else sweetie. :blessed: 

2 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

If jerry experienced double growth he wouldnt have to live with his brother at 40 years old LOL

If only everything grew as much as poor jonb's butthurt :blessed:

Just now, Remij_ said:

Growth is growth... QUARTER OVER QUARTER the service is growing.. according to Benji... It's retaining users, and NEW people are trying it... that's what that growth means... NEW PEOPLE are subbing.

You don't need to worry about anything else sweetie. :blessed: 

Not if they're temporary subscriptions and people don't stay active past the promo period.

Because what that means is that Microsoft just spent money to get an elaborate mailing list.

......and you do need to worry about that.....because promo services won't last forever.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Not if they're temporary subscriptions and people don't stay active past the promo period.

Because what that means is that Microsoft just spent money to get an elaborate mailing list.

......and you do need to worry about that.....because promo services won't last forever.

No.  Them being temporary or not means nothing.  If by this time next quarter there's 2x more subs again... then it doesn't matter if they are all completely different people or not.... that's growth... lmao

Edited by Remij_
Just now, Remij_ said:

No.  Them being temporary or not means nothing. 

No, it literally means EVERYTHING.

1. Phil Spencer tells you "CHECK OUT OUR SERVICE!!!!"
  2. You check it out.
  3. You try it because it costs you almost nothing.
  4. You go out of your way to reject it, because you've made a judgement that it isn't worth the REAL PRICE they're asking for it.

Its literally the consumer making a judgement on the product.:shrug:

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, it literally means EVERYTHING.

1. Phil Spencer tells you "CHECK OUT OUR SERVICE!!!!"
  2. You check it out.
  3. You try it because it costs you almost nothing.
  4. You go out of your way to reject it, because you've made a judgement that it isn't worth the REAL PRICE they're asking for it.

Its literally the consumer making a judgement on the product.:shrug:

Nope.  2x the temporary subs from one quarter to the next....is growth lmao

Phil told you not to worry about the point you just brought up.

FUCKING LITERALLY TOLD YOU NOT TO WORRY ABOUT THAT.  And that's the point you fall on :hehe: 

2x growth in a single quarter baby :whew: 

15 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I'm hung up on Gamepass PC because I think that's where most of the growth occurred.

PC gamers used GamePass during Q4 2019 for Outer Worlds.

It would make sense of Gears 5 was played on existing or lapse GamePass subscriptions from EXISTING Xbox One owners. Because, as noted in the OP, Xbox One hardware slowed down.

So, I'm making the pieces fit:

-Xbox One hardware slowed down

-GamePass promo prices have been around forever

-Yet something happened to cause a quick rise in GamePass subs during this past quarter.

I say outer Worlds on Windows GamePass caused that spike in temporary subs.

I don't think you're quite understanding that for Outer Worlds to cause a "temporary" spike in subs would require the "temporary" spike in subs for Gears 5 to have stuck around.

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Nope.  2x the temporary subs from one quarter to the next....is growth lmao

Phil told you not to worry about the point you just brought up.

FUCKING LITERALLY TOLD YOU NOT TO WORRY ABOUT THAT.  And that's the point you fall on :hehe: 

2x growth in a single quarter baby :whew: 

No it isn't.

Its just an expended mailing list for Microsoft to try and convince them to come back, and possibly convince them with another $1 promotion.

I love how you're trying to move the discussion over to Phil to try and pretend having confidence......as you are now screaming and losing your shit. LOL

Its not my fault Microsoft is counting cancelled subs to try and make themselves look good. Take it up with Phil for making you look stupid.

2 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

I don't think you're quite understanding that for Outer Worlds to cause a "temporary" spike in subs would require the "temporary" spike in subs for Gears 5 to have stuck around.

No, because people who want to be playing Gears 5 is mass droves would be:

-Existing Xbox One owners

-Who would more than likely be existing or lapsed GamePass subscribers (hence, them signing back onto Gamepass does not increase the overall count, they're not a new subscription)

I already explained all of this in my previous post.......did you not see it?

5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No it isn't.

Its just an expended mailing list for Microsoft to try and convince them to come back, and possibly convince them with another $1 promotion.

I love how you're trying to move the discussion over to Phil to try and pretend having confidence......as you are now screaming and losing your shit. LOL

Its not my fault Microsoft is counting cancelled subs to try and make themselves look good. Take it up with Phil for making you look stupid.

Yes it is...:drake: 

It's not my fault MS doubling GP subscribers quarter to quarter has you completely losing your shit LOL

Edited by Remij_

LMAO with PSNow (I assume he meant to say) you can literally join 7 days for free... that promotion has NEVER stopped since it launched.  I wonder how inflated those numbers were to begin with?  :kaz: 

Edited by Remij_
Just now, Remij_ said:

Yes it is...:drake: 

Looks like you got nothing left.

No, it isn't.

As I already explained.......cancelled subs are empty bottles of liquor. Which is nothing to boast about.

Those are people whom Phil Spencer asked to get into a COMMITTED RELATIONSHIP with him.

And those people rejected it.

Those are less potential customers for Phil to sell a service to in the future.

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Looks like you got nothing left.

No, it isn't.

As I already explained.......cancelled subs are empty bottles of liquor. Which is nothing to boast about.

Those are people whom Phil Spencer asked to get into a COMMITTED RELATIONSHIP with him.

And those people rejected it.

Those are less potential customers for Phil to sell a service to in the future.

Yes it is.

Losing your shit because MS doubled their subs from one quarter to the next :kaz: 

Come and buy a drink whenever you want... but if quarter over quarter 2x the people keep buying drinks...  business is GROWING. :reg: