Xbox FY20 Q2: Software & services revenue down 11%. Hardware revenue down 43%. Overall gaming revenue down 21%

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Downplaying a subscription service doubling lmao

LOL, he's thinks we're going to forget that it cost a dollar.

Yeah....I am downplaying it.

What would you be saying if Nintendo was winning NPD sales charts because they suddenly dropped the price of their games to $1 each. Wonder if you would be downplaying it?

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Game Pass subs doubled this past quarter.

Easy.

1.) Gamepass on PC is introduced

2.) Outer Worlds released, which was highly anticipated by PC gamers

3.)$1 promo for 1 month, and $3 promo for 3 month offers

Wouldn't surprise me if Gamepass subscription go back down when they have to report on this current quarter in April.

Subscription services always fluctuate, but a gain is a gain. The important part is whether this is a loss or profitable service and it's definitely not generating enough to offset $295m worth of "content and services".

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

What would you be saying if Nintendo was winning NPD sales charts because they suddenly dropped the price of their games to $1 each. Wonder if you would be downplaying it?

Phil Spencer already told you not to worry about it boo boo :geese: 

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Phil Spencer already told you not to worry about it boo boo :geese: 

That's not what I am discussing, am I?

Let me know when you can respond to what I actually am talking about.

You attempting to make tangential arguments isn't going to work here, either.

6 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Subscription services always fluctuate, but a gain is a gain. The important part is whether this is a loss or profitable service and it's definitely not generating enough to offset $295m worth of "content and services".

I think the gain in subscription is coming mostly from the PC side.

Because the hardware is clearly slowing down on the console side.

7 minutes ago, jehurey said:

That's not what I am discussing, am I?

Let me know when you can respond to what I actually am talking about.

You attempting to make tangential arguments isn't going to work here, either.

You're downplaying a 2x growth in a single quarter... because you don't think MS is making enough money... lmao.  Phil told you not to worry about it bitch.  All your bitch ass needs to know is that 2x the amount of people are subscribed to the service this quarter than there was last quarter.. despite the same promotions.  The service is GROWING... awareness is GROWING. 

Edited by Remij_
16 minutes ago, jehurey said:

1.) Gamepass on PC is introduced

2.) Outer Worlds released, which was highly anticipated by PC gamers

3.)$1 promo for 1 month, and $3 promo for 3 month offers

1. Gamepass for PC came out in June.

2. Gears 5 released the previous quarter and didn't have a PS4 version to curb Gamepass subs. It also hit 3 million in it's first weekend, so it was plenty popular.

3. They've had those promos forever.

Just now, Remij_ said:

You're downplaying a 2x growth in a single quarter... because you don't think MS is making enough money... lmao.  Phil told you not to worry about it bitch.  All your bitch ass needs to know is that 2x the amount of people are subscribed to the service this quarter than there was last quarter.. despite the same promotions.  The service is GROWING.

No......you are still intentionally trying to mislead the discussion.

Where did I ever talk about MS revenue?

I am saying that the subscriptions increased because of promotional pricing.......for consumers.

I am judging this from the consumer side.......not the corporate revenue side.

Let me know when you actually respond to what I said regarding with that.

If GamePass were a $1 a month service forever......they would keep growing forever.

Just now, Hot Sauce said:

1. Gamepass for PC came out in June.

2. Gears 5 released the previous quarter and didn't have a PS4 version to curb Gamepass subs. It also hit 3 million in it's first weekend, so it was plenty popular.

3. They've had those promos forever.

No, Gamepass was in Beta for the PC since June.

Gears 5 is not a franchise that has alot of history or hype from the PC community, which is why I mentioned outer Worlds and the fact that you clearly saw PC outlets and gamers keep a track of that game.

The fact that they've had this promos forever kinda indicates that the surge in new subscriptions must've been influenced more by something that specifically happened within that quarter. A particular game.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

No......you are still intentionally trying to mislead the discussion.

Where did I ever talk about MS revenue?

I am saying that the subscriptions increased because of promotional pricing.......for consumers.

I am judging this from the consumer side.......not the corporate revenue side.

Let me know when you actually respond to what I said regarding with that.

If GamePass were a $1 a month service forever......they would keep growing forever.

From the consumer side... it's growing... 2x more people are actively using the service.  That's all you need to worry about. :trump: 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

From the consumer side... it's growing... 2x more people are actively using the service.  That's all you need to worry about. :trump: 

.....because of a low promotional price that cannot, and will not, last forever.

You need to worry about that.

Extended promotional pricing is a sign of a service that cannot get off the ground.

You already know that you're failing to move the discussion over to your misleading tangent. That was assured the moment you attempted it.

Just now, jehurey said:

.....because of a low promotional price that cannot, and will not, last forever.

You need to worry about that.

Extended promotional pricing is a sign of a service that cannot get off the ground.

You already know that you're failing to move the discussion over to your misleading tangent. That was assured the moment you attempted it.

Because more people are trying out the service and sticking with the subscription because of new games releasing with added value?

I don't need to worry about that at all.  MS does sweetie.  Not me.

Sorry hun... 2x the active subs from one quarter to the next is GROWTH. B) 

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Because more people are trying out the service and sticking with the subscription because of new games releasing with added value?

I don't need to worry about that at all.  MS does sweetie.  Not me.

Sorry hun... 2x the active subs from one quarter to the next is GROWTH. B) 

No......you don't have any proof that people are "sticking with the service" or else they would've showed increased revenue from people who are now paying full price for GamePass.

DO you have proof of that?

A person who got a $1/month promo, and then cancelled their sub.....do you what that's called? A new GamePass subscription that Microsoft is reporting from this previous quarter.:blessed:

Edited by jehurey
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

No......you don't have any proof that people are "sticking with the service" or else they would've showed increased revenue from people who are now paying full price for GamePass.

DO you have proof of that?

A person who got a $1/month promo, and then cancelled their sub.....do you what that's called? A new GamePass subscription that Microsoft is reporting from this previous quarter.:blessed:

Argue with Benji breh :hest: 

32 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Didnt cost a dollar for me and million others .

I play nintendo games for free.  At 4k60 lmao tshbr 

9 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, Gamepass was in Beta for the PC since June.

It's still in Beta, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

11 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Gears 5 is not a franchise that has alot of history or hype from the PC community, which is why I mentioned outer Worlds and the fact that you clearly saw PC outlets and gamers keep a track of that game.

Why are you so hung up on Gamepass PC? The Gamepass figure is for the subscription service as a whole and Gears 5 is a bigger franchise than Outer Worlds. It doesn't matter if Outer Worlds is more popular on PC than Gears when Gears' popularity delta over Outer Worlds on Xbox is going to be multiple times the PC delta in favour of Outer Worlds.

14 minutes ago, jehurey said:

The fact that they've had this promos forever kinda indicates that the surge in new subscriptions must've been influenced more by something that specifically happened within that quarter. A particular game.

Or a number of games as the service matures and has a greater variety of content.

53 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Yeah but no doubt in the process with the sheer number of people subscribing any appreciable loss would be mitigated by not only sales themselves but because of subscriptions on top of that. I'm sure Gears 5 and Horizon 4 on their own still sold far more than required to be profitable even abstract of GamePass. 

The point isn’t if they are still profitable (They obvs are), it’s if they are less or more profitable because of GP. Same goes for the entire model. Do subs generate a larger operating profit than straight sales, that’s the only question. I still stand by the notion they are less profitable. 

Just now, Remij_ said:

Argue with Benji breh :hest: 

I don't need to because Benji actually used a word that helps prove me correct.

Total subscribers.

That means that Microsoft is counting ANY type of GamePass account.

Active or Cancelled. As long as it was active at ANY POINT......its part of the "Total Subscribers."

Thank you for helping me on that one.  Microsoft is indeed counting Cancelled subscriptions when it comes to that claim of "doubling GamePass subs."