Lockhart is alive and reveal is apparently coming

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

RDNA tflops. The tflop number will be different in real world performance . Ignore the tflop number.

9tflop RDNA outperforms 12gcn tflops if I understand correctly.

Ahhhh

4 minutes ago, -GD- said:

It makes 0 sense, considering the one x is 6tf

Nah.  It will be MUCH more efficient per TF and have access to features and programming techniques not possible on X1X.

And on top of that, the CPU and memory bandwidth will allow for FAR more to be done with said GPU power.

It'll be a potent little machine.

Well it can do ray tracing on top of having a new CPU and SSD as base. Resolution will obviously take a major hit and maybe a setting here or there.

I don't think 95 percent of people can tell the difference between 1440p and 2160p, because we are approaching very high resolutions that require huge TVs and proper viewing distances. And even people that have the proper setups probably won't notice significant gains anyways.

Edited by Team 2019

One thing about the PS5 9tflop leak that makes it suspect is this.

1. Sony has a CU disabling patent for BC, so 36 CU limit makes no sense. GitHub leak has no context.

2. The  clock leak is way too high. It's expensive and very hot.

3. Insiders say to ignore it.

4. It has the same RAM bandwidth as the 12tflop Series X in theory. Question is why.

MS talking about 12tflops already probably means they have some sort of win over the PS5 GPU but you never know.

Edited by Team 2019
35 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

One thing about the PS5 9tflop leak that makes it suspect is this.

1. Sony has a CU disabling patent for BC, so 36 CU limit makes no sense. GitHub leak has no context.

2. The  clock leak is way too high. It's expensive and very hot.

3. Insiders say to ignore it.

4. It has the same RAM bandwidth as the 12tflop Series X in theory. Question is why.

MS talking about 12tflops already probably means they have some sort of win over the PS5 GPU but you never know.

1. Patents. Do. Not. Equal. Product.

2. I agree.. but maybe Sony figured out a cooling solution

3. Insiders also say best believe it

4. Could have something to do with their memory subsystem and SSD implementation.  Bandwidth will play an important role.

I've heard they do.. and that they've known they do for a while now.

Edited by Remij_
13 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Nah, IF there is a Lockhart it will be $299, Series X will be $499 (loss) and Microsoft will force Sony into a $399 price point at a loss. 

I don't think that's how it works. The premium models are the ones that are sold at a higher profit / lower loss margins .