iam8bit creative directors of E3 abandon the show.

The Coronavirus killed E3... damn.  I can't see it coming back.  This will be the year that publishers understand that they don't need it and can do other things.

Real talk... RIP E3.  So many good memories from over the years.

Edited by Remij_
1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

The Coronavirus killed E3... damn.  I can't see it coming back.  This will be the year that publishers understand that they don't need it and can do other things.

Real talk... RIP E3.  So many good memories from over the years.

E3 was dead before coronavirus. :reg: 

Nah.

It is now though.  Confirmed.

Uh... yeah.

E3 hasn't been canceled or postponed because of coronavirus. :reg: 

It's dead Jim and coronavirus ain't the reason. 

Well it’s a defunct show now that MS bowed out of the console war. We were down to nu-MS and their yearly multi platform indie reel as the only presenters, good riddance. 

directs + a dedicated ps5 event is all we need, ms shouldn’t have a platform to peddle their conman multiplat PC shit anymore. 

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

Uh... yeah.

E3 hasn't been canceled or postponed because of coronavirus. :reg: 

It's dead Jim and coronavirus ain't the reason. 

E3 would continue under different creative directors.....  Maybe these guys are being forced out because their influencer oriented bullshit wasn't being accepted by the industry?

But this will set E3 back... and adds to the reality that the coronavirus will cause many of the companies involved to no longer want to be a part of it... and they will all do their own thing... and realize that they too, don't need it.

COV19 killed it :sad: 

E3 would continue under different creative directors.....  Maybe these guys are being forced out because their influencer oriented bullshit wasn't being accepted by the industry?

But this will set E3 back... and adds to the reality that the coronavirus will cause many of the companies involved to no longer want to be a part of it... and they will all do their own thing... and realize that they too, don't need it.

COV19 killed it :sad: 

Sony and Geoff Keighley bailed well before coronavirus became a real concern. ESA killed E3. :reg:  

Edited by lynux3
Just now, lynux3 said:

Sony and Geoff Keighley bailed well before coronavirus became a real concern. ESA killed E3. :reg:  

No... because the ESA was GOING TO DO IT THIS YEAR....  That just shows that Sony and Geoff bailing out had nothing to do with it not happening this year.....

The COV19 is what will kill it...

These 8bitfuckers are possibly part of the reason why Sony and Geoff bailed...

Just now, Remij_ said:

No... because the ESA was GOING TO DO IT THIS YEAR....  That just shows that Sony and Geoff bailing out had nothing to do with it not happening this year.....

The COV19 is what will kill it...

These 8bitfuckers are possibly part of the reason why Sony and Geoff bailed...

Yeah, they still are going to do it this year... until it's officially canceled/postponed, and then now we have three major industry players bailing out. :reg: 

Sony

Geoff Keighley

iam8bit

If you can't see the writing on the wall then you never will. ESA has been plagued with problems for years and people are sick of it. From running the show into the ground, ESA CEO being forced out, massive privacy leaks, etc. Geoff Keighley has been participating at E3 for 25 years and for him to bail out is a big deal.

5 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Yeah, they still are going to do it this year... until it's officially canceled/postponed, and then now we have three major industry players bailing out. :reg: 

Sony

Geoff Keighley

iam8bit

If you can't see the writing on the wall then you never will. ESA has been plagued with problems for years and people are sick of it. From running the show into the ground, ESA CEO being forced out, massive privacy leaks, etc. Geoff Keighley has been participating at E3 for 25 years and for him to bail out is a big deal.

lol... I just said it's dead.  I'm pretty sure I see the writing on the wall.

It's not dead because of Sony... or Geoff.... it's dead because COV19, this 8bit group resigning will absolutely delay it... and given the concerns already about COV19... they'll all pull the plug.

It's not worth the effort anymore.

Did the ESA not hire these guys?

Them quitting now possibly suggests that they no longer want to go the route this 8bit group wants to go... which could be part of what pissed off industry players like Sony and Geoff.  Or is there something that suggests otherwise that I don't know about? :wonder: 

Edited by Remij_

lol... I just said it's dead.  I'm pretty sure I see the writing on the wall.

It's not dead because of Sony... or Geoff.... it's dead because COV19, this 8bit group resigning will absolutely delay it... and given the concerns already about COV19... they'll all pull the plug.

It's not worth the effort anymore.

E3 has been on the chopping block for a while. COVID-19 is just a coincidence, but I think E3 will ultimately be canceled or postponed like GDC. Until the ESA figures out how to make E3 interesting again it'll wither away.

https://www.pcgamer.com/iam8bit-was-working-on-reinvigorating-e3-but-has-quit-the-project/

E3 is still going forward apparently.

But I think it will ultimately be cancelled by COV19.  Pubs and devs will abandon it because of that reason.  Then they will learn that they can save a lot of money just by doing things online like everyone else is learning this year.

Edited by Remij_
5 hours ago, Bodycount N said:

Well it’s a defunct show now that MS bowed out of the console war. We were down to nu-MS and their yearly multi platform indie reel as the only presenters, good riddance. 

directs + a dedicated ps5 event is all we need, ms shouldn’t have a platform to peddle their conman multiplat PC shit anymore. 

I better never see you as an Xbox fanboy again. :D 

9 hours ago, lynux3 said:

the only thing geoff bailed was the fountain of youth :reg: