I think Sony got caught off guard with the PS5 :francis:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think yous are all ignoring a gigantic factor. We are all acting like this is going to be a PS5 v Series X where XSX is the standard box for xbox and that is where it's market share is going to be.

Just now, Remij_ said:

lmao... yes there is.  They were caught off guard... and have been spending all this time struggling on how to market the fucking thing compared to 12TF Xbox. 

And yea... keep laughing.. :cmpunk1:

If you haven't noticed the gaming media is telling us tflops don't matter anymore. Tflops are dead.

2 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Spot on. They did exactly what they planned. 36 CUs, BC, and super fast SSD. Only thing they messed around is clockspeed, but that's just them adjusting their design from years before.

Yea... which is why they've already announced a price.. right?

Wait.. no.. they've said themselves that they're waiting for MS.. .because they REALLY don't want to be caught having 2TF+ less than their competitors at the same price.

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

If you haven't noticed the gaming media is telling us tflops don't matter anymore. Tflops are dead.

I'm pretty sure I was the one who told you that... LONG ago regarding this gen...

And while TFs don't matter to developers... they matter to marketing... :reg: 

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

lmao... yes there is.  They were caught off guard... and have been spending all this time struggling on how to market the fucking thing compared to 12TF Xbox. 

And yea... keep laughing.. :cmpunk1:

Oh I will definitely keep laughing. Can't wait to see the disappointment on your face... just like when I bitch slapped you about backwards compatibility. :juggle: :face: 

Just now, Remij_ said:

Yea... which is why they've already announced a price.. right?

Wait.. no.. they've said themselves that they're waiting for MS.. .because they REALLY don't want to be caught having 2TF+ less than their competitors at the same price.

I don't think Sony and price is dependant on X. They can release at the same price no one will give a shit.

The issue is Lockhart's pricing. They can't be 200 more than the lowest XBox

Just now, lynux3 said:

Oh I will definitely keep laughing. Can't wait to see the disappointment on your face... just like when I bitch slapped you about backwards compatibility. :juggle: :face: 

You didn't.. lmao.  I said it was unclear... which it was... and which was why they had to clarify. :drake: 

Just now, lynux3 said:

Wrong.

Right.

So Sony added 12-channels for the flash interface. That helps speed up the flash, but flash isn’t cheap as a form of memory. Sony had to balance the cost, so that it could keep the price of the console down. Sony focused on a flash size of 825GBs, connecting at a speed of 5.5 GB/second.

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Out of all the specs. GPU, SSD, CPU, RAM the biggest and weakest upgrade by far is the RAM. There is too little of it and it's bandwidth starved especially on PS5.

People are ignoring the most important part to argue over irrelevant shit.

:| 

Dude... how can you not realize what the fuck you're being told?  Everything about the design of BOTH system is designed around minimizing the size of data stored in the RAM, as well as augmenting that RAM with super fast storage which can swap that ram out much faster.

It's not even close... you simply cannot compare it to current consoles.

Listen to what Sony developers are telling you....  this will enable things never before possible.

Edited by Remij_
4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Right.

It was to keep costs low and was the best middle ground for their application. There is no "reduction" here because there was nothing set in stone in the first place. Cost reduction would be putting 6GB of GDDR6 @ 192bit.

Batman-slapping-Robin-Meme-Blank.jpg

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

It was to keep costs low and was the best middle ground for their application. There is no "reduction" here because there was nothing set in stone in the first place. Cost reduction would be putting 6GB of GDDR6 @ 192bit.

I was to keep costs low... you FUCK :hest: